Print

Author Topic: A Very Specific Request  (Read 2115 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: March 21, 2009, 08:52:20 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find a product meeting the following criteria?

1) An audio editing and mixing program functionally identical to Sony's ACID program, what with the sideways tracks, drag-and-drop interface, automatic looping, and grid-snapping, and without six hundred buttons in your face at all times (in other words, a very very simple, basic music-production tool).

2) Completely free to download the full version, and not some limited-time/functionality demo.

3) Able to import and export MP3s and WAV files without having to download all kinds of plugins and whatnot.

I've found Audacity to be impossibly hard to use for music-creation purposes (trying to sync up two audio files of differing speeds requires insane levels of patience), and things like Sonar and FL Studio confuse me to the point of tears with their millions of doodads and options. I was extremely pleased with the ACID demo I tried, but the prospect of paying infinity dollars for the full version doesn't catch my fancy. Advice on this manner would be greatly appreciated.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 09:51:31 PM »
I think Audacity is pretty much the best thing you're going to find for free and legal.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 02:09:59 PM »
Goldwave works better then Audacity but it is shareware so you'll have to find an illegal registry keycode using Google if you want it for free. I did just that.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 04:14:34 PM »
I use and like Audacity, but Goldwave is better for complex arrangements.  If you haven't tried it yet, you should.  Also, you don't have to use an illegal registry keycode to use Goldwave.  There is an easy way around the limit.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print