Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1721144 times)

« Reply #4665 on: July 16, 2008, 07:53:03 AM »
That wasn't my reasoning. My reasoning wasn't mentioned. It was just a certain way of getting to the point of my reasoning. If I wanted to go into detail on my reasoning that would have more accurately been defined as my reasoning.

Anyhow, my second argument was on the impatient waiting for the next big Mario/Zelda titles. Anticipation is fine, but not when you're complaining that it hasn't come out yet... after there are already titles released from not too long ago. That would be all I meant to say in my post. Perhaps it was some bad wording. Because I'm good at that.
I'm a horrible person.

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #4666 on: July 20, 2008, 09:59:26 AM »
I have a few things I need to talk about.

1: Lost and Learned
Have you ever lost a game that had a part you couldn't beat? Then later, you find out how to beat the part you couldn't before? I lost my copy of Digimon: Battle Spirit about 5-6 years ago. I couldn't beat the last fight when I had it. A few years after that, I found out how. Needless to say, something hates me, and it's not Jesus.

2: Wii: WANTZ IT
I want a Wii, but my parents can't afford it. It doesn't help that I know someone younger than me that has one. And I mean 3-4 years of difference. Even WORSE, Wal-Mart never has them in stock! ... ... ... ... Does anyone know what time Wal-Mart opens? >:)

'Tis is all I can think of.
Klonoa is the best game I've played YET!!!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4667 on: July 20, 2008, 10:05:31 AM »
The War topic got locked because political arguments are turning into flame wars, which they aren't?

Bull. Crap.
every

« Reply #4668 on: July 20, 2008, 11:35:46 AM »
I'm not happy about it either, but if the boss wants it closed we shouldn't complain about it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4669 on: July 20, 2008, 12:48:28 PM »
See, that's the thing. This whole attitude of "this sucks, but let's not do anything about it" bothers me, and I see it every day in almost everything.
every

« Reply #4670 on: July 20, 2008, 12:55:27 PM »
Well, what do you want me to do about it? Go outside and protest? It's not like they'll change the ban if we ask them to. It's seriously no big deal.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4671 on: July 20, 2008, 01:00:10 PM »
I think a blanket ban on any particular topic implies a lack of trust in the userbase by the leadership. Flaming and trolling are the work of people, not ideas. Any topic can be discussed by people; however, not all people can discuss any topic. Punish those who cannot, rather than preventing those who can brom ever being able to do so.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #4672 on: July 20, 2008, 01:04:50 PM »
Well, I honestly didn't see any flaming whatsoever. I thought they (the topics) generated some of the best discussions this board has had in a while, even if we weren't able to alter someone else's ideas.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4673 on: July 20, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »
Watching people spout meaningless garbage about things they don't understand is quite painful.
Also, people spouting meaningless garbage about things they don't understand is detrimental to the intelligence level of the general populace.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4674 on: July 20, 2008, 01:32:04 PM »
That would be a valid argument had that been going on. But it wasn't. In other words, watching people spout meaningless garbage about people spouting meaningless garbage when there was no spouting of meaningless garbage to begin with is detrimental to the intelligence level of the general populace.
every

« Reply #4675 on: July 20, 2008, 01:44:36 PM »
I think it was because things were just becoming a big argument. You guys like arguing?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4676 on: July 20, 2008, 01:51:58 PM »
There's nothing wrong with arguing. Bickering is bad, but arguing, done rightly, is just two or more sides with opposing views logically discussing an issue. And for what it's worth, the war and abortion topics here were by far the most civil such discussions I've ever seen on the internet. If there was a problem with people spouting meaninglessly about things they don't understand (which I didn't see much of at all), maybe the thing at the top of this page has something to do with it.

Besides, at least every week or two we get a new user (or not so new) spouting meaningless garbage about video games they don't understand, and we don't ban video game discussion.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4677 on: July 20, 2008, 01:54:03 PM »
It looks like I have to take back what I said, because I have to agree with CrossEyed.
I thought none of them talk until they are here for like 2 days.

« Reply #4678 on: July 20, 2008, 04:18:55 PM »
So while we're busy banning "meaningless garbage we can't understand" why not throw out religous discussion too?

As far as I'm concerned, both are in the same field of "your beliefs are invalid mmkay" types of arguments.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4679 on: July 20, 2008, 05:22:16 PM »
I think that's included.
That was a joke.

Print