Print

Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 7210 times)

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 11:41:40 PM »
Well, fine, whatever. Personally, I'm excited about the upcoming film, especially since this is the one where Dumbledore gets killed. By Snape.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 12:18:00 AM »
Oh man, what a horribly unfunny running joke that expired 3 years ago.

The third one was bad because the director was some random Mexican guy

Whoa, hold on their bud. While I agree the third film was underwhelming, the directer is certainly not some nobody you think he is. That's Alfonso Cuaron, the directr of Children of Men and Great Expectations.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 01:26:53 AM »
I still maintain that the third movie is the first one able to stand on its own as a movie.  It is well-paced, has a great overall feel, and is my favorite of the movies to date.
Go Moon!

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 02:16:36 AM »
I still maintain that the third movie is the first one able to stand on its own as a movie.  It is well-paced, has a great overall feel, and is my favorite of the movies to date.

QFT, and it also gives the undeniable sense that something big is coming (which it does, in the climax of the fourth movie) while still somewhat retaining a similar feel to its predecessors.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 06:33:07 AM »
When Dudley finds himself sealed into the snake exhibit: "When miming becomes all too real."
"Divination: the communications degree of the wizarding world."

What really annoyed me about the third one is how Hagrid's hut went from being at the edge of a field to suddenly on the side of a mountain. Same thing with the Whomping Willow and the Fat Lady's painting.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 06:36:20 AM by NintendoExpert89 »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 07:06:46 AM »
Oh man, what a horribly unfunny running joke that expired 3 years ago.
Okay, I'll be honest--I knew he had some good films under his belt, but I forgot his name and didn't have time to start looking it up. The point is, he was the wrong choice for a Harry Potter movie.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 10:10:51 AM »
I have read all the books. All are great.

But the movies:

1st movie: Very good.
2nd movie: Also good.
3rd movie: Argh
4th movie: Argh
5th movie: Even though it left out more events, info and details than the other movies, what was in it was close to the book and the movie was great. My favourite of the five.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 10:23:32 AM »
I didn't care for the fifth book or movie because of Umbridge.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2009, 02:48:48 PM »
[this is a spoiler]Snape kills Dumbledore[/this is a spoiler]
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2009, 02:52:42 PM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 06:14:33 PM »
I loved the fifth book because of Umbridge's description, but somehow, her portrayl in the movie didn't quiet match my vision of the one in the book: she wasn't heavy set enough. Having said that, they picked a good actress for her, and everything else about her portrayl in the movie matched up with the book.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print