Poll

What do you like better?

Mustache
7 (38.9%)
Beard
11 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Print

Author Topic: Facial hair  (Read 10075 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 06:31:59 PM »
That's it, I'm leaving this message board.

I will laugh so hard if you're not lying.
every

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 07:31:16 PM »
I found growing a mustache becomes itchy and oily after a while, but growing a beard isn't bad. However, I grow facial hair a lot slower than what is normal, and I'm pretty shaggy and patchy when I grow it out-- I don't get 5 o'clock shadow, even a week after shaving.

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 09:37:00 PM »
I want muttonchops

You're only permitted to grow mutton chops if you promise to let it flourish into a full-scale "Uncle Kevin" look, most likely better known as "the 'chops/'stache combo":

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 11:57:32 AM »
How about the man for whom sideburns are named?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 01:15:07 PM »
His pecs are uncontainable!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 01:41:48 PM »
Just keep in mind, young CrossEyed, the the pecs don't make the man -- the moustache does.

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 03:26:15 PM »
I love mustaches. I don't like beards. My beard has always made my chin/neck area itchy, whether I keep it shaved or not.

My mustache has never given me a huge problem. Whenever a hair gets so long that it reaches into my mouth and tries to shake hands with my tongue, that's when it's time to break out the scissors.

Of course, my love of Mario games my have contributed somewhat to my love of mustaches..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 05:47:16 PM »
I trick I learned from my grandpa that doesn't work for me at all is to shave at around 5 pm; the next day, you've got perfect five o'clock shadow without having to wait until 5 o'clock. Of course, if you're me, you get a barely-visible patch of it way underneath your chin.
every

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 06:50:49 PM »
I'm growing a bit of a mustache myself. And some sideburns. But, I'd rather just keep a small bit of mustache. I just can't imagine myself with a full grown mustache or beard.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 08:25:06 PM »
Whenever my chin gets too dark in color, I start scratching incessantly at it. Thus, I keep myself clean shaven at most times. The question is whether or not mustaches or beards are better... I'm thinking mustaches look better than beards do when they aren't complementing each other. But I'm still not voting, because in reality, I like neither.

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2009, 09:09:37 PM »
Of course, my love of Mario games my have contributed somewhat to my love of mustaches..

My sentiments exactly. The only thing preventing me from growing such a set of lip fuzz is my apparent inability to develop facial hair anywhere but the very corners of my mouth and ALL THE WAY AROUND MY NECK. Nere is there a single folicle uponst mine chin or lip, but alas, 'tis wholly upon my throat. Woe is me -- how I pine for thee, o appreciable facial hair.

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2009, 01:38:23 AM »
Beard makes a man looking too old for its age (if young), but it gives also a more intelectual looking...

But I choose moustaches!XD
I think they are "sexier" if well cut!
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 12:08:52 AM »
Eh, my facial hair starting growing in towards the end of 8th grade. I can grow a full beard/mustache on command and it grows quickly. See, my school was stupid and there was a "clean shaven" policy to keep the look of the school "nice, old school, and in order," (yet think of the emo people, etc. who made the school look stupid). Anyway, they'd make you shave, even if you had 5 o' clock.

Shaving Fee 2004-2009:
9th grade- Free
10th grade- 25 cents
11th grade- One dollar
12th grade- One dollar

I probably paid well over 50 dollars to them over the years because of the security guards' idiotic discretion to "facial hair." If I shaved the morning of school, I'd be okay, but if I shaved the night before, by 5th period (out of a possible 7) I'd be in trouble. Some days I'd be called into shave consecutively, as in Monday, the next day, etc. I've even been told to go back and shave and pay ANOTHER dollar because they said my sideburns were too long or my mustache was past the end of my lips after I shaved my beard there the first time which is bullcrap.

Anyway, I keep my beard basically a couple days past a stubble so it's smooth, and shave my neck up to the bottom of my jawbone. The reason being is because I've had a full beard, beard and no stache, sideburns, goatee, fu manchu thing with the goat (kinda like deezer has had)... pretty much everything that isn't stupid looking. So, now it's always a nicely kept mustache and beard just like this recent, 2AM-looking picture.

EDIT: Disregard the Corvette in the background. I basically hate 99% of all Chevrolet products, and most of GM's "sports cars."
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 12:10:54 AM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2009, 01:22:11 PM »
Trainman: They took his money and his facial hair.

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 02:21:11 PM »
Any word on what nefarious uses the collected facial folicles went towards?

Print