Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1274053 times)

« Reply #3960 on: January 20, 2009, 09:14:46 PM »
Famicom Wars!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3961 on: January 20, 2009, 10:12:09 PM »
My lack of interest in just about all of those games is why I do not have a 360, I guess.
Infinite Undiscovery, even though it has slightly rough edges, is pretty awesome and a game I intend to get when I have a 360. I honestly can't think of others right now that I'm excited about that aren't on/going to be on PS3.
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3962 on: January 21, 2009, 05:59:13 AM »
Man, I don't know about you guys, but I sure love arguing about games more than I play them.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3963 on: January 21, 2009, 07:30:13 AM »
Obviously you're doing it wrong. I argue about games while I play other games.

« Reply #3964 on: January 21, 2009, 11:57:10 AM »
That list'll be out of date when Braid hits PC.

Braid is coming to the PC?!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3965 on: January 21, 2009, 06:42:14 PM »
Barely over half are exclusives? Every single game listed except for Gears of War (which I forgot about) (and soon Braid) is completely exclusive (in before someone tries to say stuff about E4: it's different from E3 or E2 [there is no E]; you'd have to ask LD about Rez HD, since I don't know what it adds other than 1080p).
I'll give you that, but only because I forgot to actually write
Barely over half of those games are totally exclusive to the 360/not remakes and/or near-identical sequels.

"Generic-looking"? Which of those games look generic, other than maybe the FPS (and none of those are the downloadable games anyway)? Furthermore, as much as the people who like to hold a physical copy of a manual or like today's descendants of feelies packs may not like it, downloadable games are the wave of the future. Most of the best games on PS3 are downloadable too.
I've got no problem with downloadable games--just those that are just another space shooter, rhythm game, or "weird crap flying all over the place (now with multiplayer)" with one gimmick.

For God's sake, people, all I did was post a picture of my PS3. For once, I will admit zero responsibility for this back-and-forth.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3966 on: January 21, 2009, 06:46:03 PM »
So basically... you like nothing?

Also please list the PS3 games that are totally exclusive/not remakes and/or near-identical sequels, space shooters, rhythm games, or have weird flying crap and multiplayer.

« Reply #3967 on: January 21, 2009, 08:09:10 PM »
Months ago, I found a $10 bill in the parking lot of somewhere!
WHY are we losing members like shyguy and Luigalaxy?

« Reply #3968 on: January 21, 2009, 08:37:24 PM »
That makes me think: you know how if you find a penny heads up, it's lucky and you get a wish. Well, if you find a dime heads up, does that make it ten times as lucky and give you ten wishes (or one really good wish)?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3969 on: January 21, 2009, 08:54:09 PM »
Don't they also say that if it's tails up you're supposed to give it to the first person you see?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #3970 on: January 21, 2009, 09:04:56 PM »
I'm happy because I came across an awesome PMTTYD music rip!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3971 on: January 21, 2009, 09:33:58 PM »
Why is Lizard Dude trying so hard to win this fight. Both systems have good stuff and it just depends on which you prefer for the vast majority of non-exclusive titles. PS3 also has stuff from the same weird niche publishers that PS2 has/had (Nippon Ichi for instance) and 360 doesn't. And I still don't understand the appeal of most Xbox Live Arcade stuff everyone here with a 360 freaks out about.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3972 on: January 21, 2009, 09:40:21 PM »
Chances are, if everyone here with a 360 is freaking out about the 360, there's a reason.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3973 on: January 21, 2009, 10:08:31 PM »
So... if I rip on the Wii, I get blasted. If I rip on the 360, I get blasted. If I rip on the PS3, will everyone be happy?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3974 on: January 21, 2009, 10:13:32 PM »
Everyone except Chup, it would appear.

Also, for people who don't read gaming blogs and stuff and didn't already see it, World of Goo soundtrack!

Print