Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart 3DS Casting Call!  (Read 58417 times)

« Reply #195 on: January 04, 2012, 01:17:19 PM »
Definitely had a dream that Geno was an unlockable racer in this.  Kind of disappointed when I woke up and remembered otherwise.
Haters gonna hate

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #196 on: January 04, 2012, 07:37:03 PM »
What's so good about Geno anyway?

If Mallow or Goombella or someone were in this I'd buy two copies.

« Reply #197 on: January 04, 2012, 08:03:50 PM »
I hear there are a bunch of Mario characters in this game.. :B
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »
I kind of wish Kamek/Magikoopa would have been a secret character in this. You know...To make up for getting the boot from Mario Kart 64 back in the day.
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #199 on: January 09, 2012, 08:45:17 AM »
Yeah, that still kind of bums me out, he'd make a great addition to the cast.  But hey, if weirdos like Honey Queen, Wiggler and Metal Mario can make the cut, there's still hope for Kamek. 

Anybody else kind of feel like Lakitu is there in place of E. Gadd?  They have vaguely similar character designs and a nerdy personality.  I really am ambivalent on E. Gadd... if he comes back in something, cool, if not... that's okay too.  Though it would be strange if he didn't return for Luigi's Mansion 2.
Haters gonna hate

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #200 on: January 09, 2012, 10:51:09 AM »
Well he IS in the teaser footage for LM2, so...

« Reply #201 on: January 09, 2012, 04:26:28 PM »
I invented a back story for Red-shell Lakitu in my head...

In my mind he's Green-shell Lakitu's younger brother who has been racing in small town dirt tracks in the Mushroom Kingdom. He's a so-so racer and is mostly gaining traction in his career through being related to the green shelled Lakitu, who besides being the Ref of Mario Kart races, has also become a celebrity in their world. I also see him as the Luigi of the brothers...

He's also top on the list of "most likely to be cut" for next season (Mario Kart title). If that does happen I imagine he'll meekly go back to his little dirt tracks and leagues.

Did I over think it? Maybe. : P
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #202 on: January 09, 2012, 05:22:32 PM »
Yes.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2012, 08:49:26 AM »
He's also top on the list of "most likely to be cut" for next season (Mario Kart title). If that does happen I imagine he'll meekly go back to his little dirt tracks and leagues.

I'd imagine all the racers that were introduced in MK7 are on the most likely to be cut list, unfortunately.  For better or worse, Honey Queen probably has the best chance of sticking around, since she's been an important-ish NPC in the two Galaxy games.  Everybody else is either a non-unique baddie (Wiggler, Lakitu), or Mario with a power-up (Metal Mario).  Shyguy's technically been playable in 2 Mario Karts now, so I'd say he has pretty equal odds of either coming back or getting cut. I think a big deciding factor will be MK8's roster size (mainly, will it be a HUGE cast like Double Dash!! and MKWii, or a more scaled down affair like MKDS and MK7?).  The other big factor will be whether new characters appear in any Mario main series titles between now and then.  I was surprised E. Gadd didn't make MK7... with him returning in Luigi's Mansion 2, I'll be even more surprised if he doesn't make it in MK8.  I was a little surprised we didn't get Boom-Boom or Pom-Pom either.  Maybe next time! :)
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2012, 06:51:14 PM »
Proof that Miyamoto hates Toad. Source: Entertainment Weekly

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: I have an important question. Nintendo has also just released Mario Kart 7 for the 3DS. In every iteration of Mario Kart, I’ve always preferred to play as Toad. Who’s your favorite character?
SHIGERU MIYAMOTO: That’s the most challenging question! I’m sorry that I cannot come up with an interesting answer. Somehow, it’s habit to me, but I play with Mario. He’s a very balanced character.

Who’s your least favorite character?
Toad. [Laughs]

My favorite character is your least favorite character?
I understand that he has some popularity. Somehow.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2012, 07:38:58 PM »
That's the best!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2012, 10:09:02 PM »
"I understand that [Toad] has some popularity. Somehow." ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

This needs to be Toad's sig.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #207 on: February 12, 2012, 12:35:24 AM »
Toad's title: "Miyamoto's Least Favourite"
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #208 on: February 12, 2012, 01:12:49 AM »
I love how his least favorite character is Toad but his favorite character is the common Goomba according that one interview from like a year ago.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #209 on: February 12, 2012, 01:05:39 PM »
I would totes buy a game designed by Miyamoto where Toad and a Goomba are buddy cops.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print