Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Power presents: The Official Guide to Mario  (Read 12697 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 11:10:30 PM »
F****** DARN
I'm entertained by mixed-level profanities.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 11:52:12 PM »
That makes me think of Tales of Symphonia, which in my mind is kind of the king of those.
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 06:17:19 AM »
... OH MY PORK ! ALL THOSE UNUSED-YET ARTWORKS !!!

Too bad I don't live in America and my dad would never want to import something from there. ;_;
But, heh, I know basically everything about Mario, his adventures, his personnality, his psychology, his friends, and his world. But those artworks are freaking beautiful.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 01:36:44 PM »
I especially like the screenshot caption on page 23.
*checks*

Wow. I have no idea how I missed that. Or the people that wrote this thing for that matter.

I'd also like to point out that the list of power-ups on pages 10 & 11 has FLUDD and the Small Heart from SMB2 (which is a bit of a stretch in my opinion), but does not mention the Wing Cap, Metal Cap or Vanish Cap.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 05:13:25 PM »
I especially like the screenshot caption on page 23.

I didn't notice it either. For the curious, it's beneath a shot of Raccoon Mario traversing an ice level, and reads:

Quote from: Nintendo Power
[tkttktktk] PtkAndant excerro rehenemil est volor asinusd aeperum sequiTi aboreptur mo eum que iminis por solorepratem exceat.

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 07:16:48 PM »
Somebody forgot to replace their lorem ipsum.
That was a joke.

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 12:47:02 AM »
What?  Pic, please.

Also, I took a brief glance at the magazine at a local F.Y.E., and it didn't quite seem worth the ~$15 investment.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 07:33:11 AM »
I expected no less. Well, I expected a little more than dummy text and Photoshopped character art, but that was clearly gratuitous.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 12:10:38 AM »
I read the magazine and one thing they forgot was the Nintendo Game Watch. That was my first intro to Mario. How can Ninenteo miss that. Horrible!!!!!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 05:48:23 PM »
Well, the first thing to remember is that they're not Nintendo.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2010, 06:44:15 PM »
New censor suggestion: Change all utterances of "Nintendo" to "Ninenteo".
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2010, 06:53:47 PM »
Now I wish I still subscribed to Nintendo Power.
There is nothing like the simple joy of stomping on a koopa.

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2010, 06:29:45 PM »
I bought it as quick as possible. A quality guide, I just wish it had more info.

Print