Print

Author Topic: Gallery of BP  (Read 235531 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #375 on: March 10, 2009, 05:26:46 PM »
I don't draw 'em with them.

I am sicker than a medieval peasant of Luigi fans.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 05:29:30 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #376 on: March 10, 2009, 05:27:41 PM »
It would be easy to get them mixed up--it's conceivable that if I were boring and made Luigi the wuss he is in the games and everyone else's art, he'd be afraid of Real Mario showing up to lay down the law.

Actually, though I love Luigi's cowardice, I could imagine him as a scheming prankster, as well.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #377 on: March 10, 2009, 07:49:04 PM »
Why would he have the Luigi mustache if he has the Mario cap on, thus making him look like Mario?

Now I feel really stupid.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #378 on: March 10, 2009, 08:35:55 PM »
^ Don't. I haven't played SM64DS in ages, and it took me all of 30 minutes, in the middle of a history test, to get the joke. (no kidding)
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #379 on: March 10, 2009, 10:45:10 PM »
Heh, good job on the comic, BP. Your Peach drawing was good, but the more you practice, the better you'll become at drawing women.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #380 on: March 11, 2009, 03:05:34 PM »
If it's any consolation, Wario looks hilarious.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #381 on: March 11, 2009, 07:32:13 PM »
Here's some concept art for Dr. Fancy, a game Captain Jim (the writer) and I (the artist) are hoping to make (we need a good programmer or two). With Xbox Live Arcade and WiiWare*, it's more a more realistic ambition than it would have been five years ago. It would be a sidescrolling game similar to Viewtiful Joe or Mega Man. You will win the bosses' main weapons, and the bosses themselves will be playable (unlockable).

Concepts for Baron von Gearsly, a cyborg who has replaced almost every part of his body with robotic parts in order to achieve a fancier build. In fact, the only organic part left is his fancy mustache. His signature weapon is his top hat lazer cannon, the Top Gun. I've got some ideas for that--the lights on the band around it would circle around and around, with the color corresponding to how much health you've got. The concept at the top suuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkks.

Concept art for General Ugglas, the only character I've made up so far. An extreme conservative when it comes to fanciness, he denounces every modern thing Dr. Fancy stands for. His weapon is the Country Club. It can talk, yes, but all it will do is laugh in a fancy matter or say something like "tally-ho" when drawn. Also seen is Dr. Fancy using the Top Gun.

Dr. Fancy himself. What are his goals? So mysterious... Jim hasn't written them yet.

*One thing I've come up with probably kills all its chances at being available for WiiWare. Wine as a recovery item. However, we all know that the ONLY fancy way to drink is to drink in moderation, so excessive use of it would give you the horribly shabby drunkenness status effect. Under this effect, terrible things will happen. Dr. Fancy will become sluggish and clumsy, the controls may be reversed or whacked out in other ways, he'll hallucinate, causing him to think more enemies are present (and damage taken from them is, in reality, damage taken from his stumbling about). And his health would probably also be halved in addition to all this. You'll think twice before you drink twice.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #382 on: March 13, 2009, 12:55:03 PM »
Well...there are references to alcohol in Chrono Trigger...including vomiting and being drunk. I think you could get away with this.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #383 on: March 13, 2009, 11:02:27 PM »

Percival C. Pirate VIII concepts. He sails the Fan Sea. The parrot's name is probably going to be Smokey for secret reasons (haw haw). Once again I hate the first version (top center) and really like the "final" one (the one with the hat flying off and the one to his right). The ship is a concept for the boss arena, with the dark lines being what you can stand on.

Dr. Fancy using the Country Club to defeat some fancy foes. The Skelegance (hehehhehehee) looks like a smaller, less fancy version of a potential boss, perhaps.

Some use of the Right Hook. If you hate puns you'll kill Captain Jim and me after you play this game.

Showing this sort of stuff feels dorky and awesome at the same time.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #384 on: March 14, 2009, 03:22:36 PM »
I love puns, personally. I can't wait to play this game. It sounds like fun!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #385 on: March 14, 2009, 07:24:45 PM »

No actual title. I'm sorry. I'm not.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #386 on: March 14, 2009, 07:37:44 PM »
For some reason, seeing this comic remind me of a member's sig here that says "Nothing like cookies and evil milk," but the bottle looks like it contains poison so...anyway, nice work, BP.  I'm guessing this new comic was inspired by New Super Mario Bros.?
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #387 on: March 14, 2009, 07:50:14 PM »
No game yet has you defeat Bowser Jr. in a castle and leave him for dead, but NSMB comes closest. For its inaccuracy towards the game, though, I put its subject as "Mario." It's an easy-to-grasp situation in that context.
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #388 on: March 14, 2009, 08:12:10 PM »
Interesting colors for the blocks outside the window in the second panel...

Poor BJ.  The only guy that pities him is the guy that has to pummel him at every encounter.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #389 on: March 16, 2009, 06:17:53 PM »
I'm afraid that I don't understand. Luigi's not sorry?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print