Print

Author Topic: Animal Crossing Help  (Read 71002 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #270 on: February 15, 2003, 07:24:08 PM »
whoops, you asked for a lunar rover NOT an lunar lander.  sorry.  tell me your town and name and I will try to get the ufo or lunar rover and send you the code.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #271 on: February 16, 2003, 03:00:19 PM »
To get the Flying Saucer, mail the following code to a villager.

(key symbol)
2%Q3EhMeRByAY3
n5yYAK9zcHxLo7

Mail code to a nonhuman villager.  Use the return (down left arrow) after the key symbol and 1st line of the code.  Do not put any other text or symbols in the code.

Some villager may reply saying they did not understand the code.  If this happens mail to to someone else.  I think the villager codes are specific to certain villagers, but if that villager is not in your town they work for any villager.  Most villager code do not work with Tom Nook, but I haven't tried this one.

It seems to me that codes mailed to villagers usually take one or two day to get the item, but if you mail enough things (usually 3 or 4 at once) at the post office that they have to send the mail out you will get a reply in 24 hours or possibly less.

I am rambling now, but most of the above is from my own experience with the game so it may not all be entirely accurate in all cases.  I have made some codes by guessing at combinations.  I rarely find a real code, and sometime find codes that lockup the game or corrupt the save file, so If you plan on make your own codes I suggest using a save file on a memory card you don't mind losing.  Also beaware that there are a few corruption causing codes going around the internet.  I could post them here, but then somebody would surely try them and lose everything or purposely send them to someone they don't like.  ramble ramble ramble ...

Everything is perfect!  Hyrule is a very liveable place. ;Þ

-->  Åñím@l ©®ø$$íñ9â„¢   <--
-->    Town: Hyrule     <--
-->     Name: Link      <--
--> Now Only ß9,999,990 <--
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #272 on: February 16, 2003, 05:15:05 PM »
Thanks for the U.F.O. code! My name is Rob and I live in Norfair.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #273 on: February 16, 2003, 05:25:08 PM »
jjf8420, it's okay. Don't worry about it. And thank you for the password.

CharginChuck, you are under no obligation to rush, either. It's fine with me if you have to take a long time. I know what it's like to be really busy.

I got my upstairs expansion today! If I'm correct, the completely expanded house is called a "manor." With an HRA rating that exceeds 140,000 points, I got a manor model before I actually got a manor. Heh.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
If Animal Crossing has a place in your heart,
Then remember this on your way to Nook’s mart:
To Cahquene should your passwords go,
So there may Errol find what your generosity does bestow.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #274 on: February 17, 2003, 12:59:52 AM »
WAAAAAHH!
I'm too much of a lazy slacker to even do anything useful in AC anymore!!

...Of course, it might have something to do with the fact that I've been trying to get all these last Paper Mario sprites to Deezer...

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #275 on: February 17, 2003, 02:01:45 AM »
Does anyone know of a way to copy an Animal Crossing town from one memory card to another one?

If you haven't been to http://www.animal-crossing.com/ you should go there and fill out the survey.  You currently have to click on the Census on the Style page, but the link moves around the site periodically.  They want to know what you like and don't like about the game.  I also tell them things I want to see in future version of the game.  Like more Mario and Zelda textures, items, and clothes.  More NES games including SMB3.  Playable musical instruments like the Ocarina in tLoZ:OoT.  Fishing lures, a bigger house with side rooms and a yard to decorate, Playable characters like Mario, Zelda, etc.  Minigames for Bells like the ones in Oot.  You can see from this that my favorite games are Maio, Zelda, and Animal Crossing.

Someone previously said their town would be perfect too if they could take advantage of projecthyrule.  Well, I have only use Hyrule codes for a couple of pieces of green furniture.  I make lots of bells feeding fruit to the islander on the gameboy advance.  And I get a lot of items by using ereader cards and visiting a file I started on another memory card since every town has different items at Nook's, the trash, and the police station.  Not to mention that I only put thing in my house that have fung sheu (sic?) so I get lost of items from the ground and trees.

I also noticed something that seems like a possible Mario reference.  When you hit a rock (1 rock per town per day I think) with your shovel you may get a bag of bells from it.  If you hit it reapetedly for a short time you can get more bags.  That reminded me of the hiting block with Mario to get coins.  Also after hiting it several time it make a very familiar sound from Mario games.

Edited by - Luigison on 2/17/2003 12:36:24 AM

« Reply #276 on: February 17, 2003, 11:17:56 AM »
I think that they should have put lots of Super Mario RPG items in Animal Crossing, or make it one of the furniture themes.  Right now, I can't decide on what theme I want to complete, because I like 8 different themes. Someone help me decide!!

Space
Exotic
Regal
Nintendo
Construction
Classic
Snow
Tropical

Oh I can''t wait! F-ZERO is scheduled to come out June 23, 2003.
Does anybody ever wonder why the Blue Toad in Super Mario Sunshine wanders off from the rest of the group?

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #277 on: February 17, 2003, 01:45:31 PM »
I have never tried to copy an Animal Crossing save file, Luigison, but it doesn't surprise me that it can't be done. If it could be, then we would have the ability to copy our towns and send them to other people. That would make it possible to duplicate rare items and could negate the purpose of trading with other people (either with passwords or by visiting their towns).

Heh, I filled out that survey twice. The first time was when I had just discovered it. But I filled it out again to tell Nintendo that I find it annoying to be told that animal-crossing.com has passwords for NES games (Clu Clu Land D, Donkey Kong 3, etc.) when there are no such passwords to be found.

I agree with (most of) your ideas for an improved Animal Crossing, Luigison. In addition to those, I think it'd be neat to have either a porch or just the ability to drop furniture outside. Lawn furniture is fun to have inside a house in its own weird way, but it'd be great to put it outside where it belongs.

Some of these things may become a reality, for Animal Crossing 2 has been officially announced by Nintendo Power. It will probably be awhile until that game is complete and available in the U.S., which I think is a good thing.

jjf8420, is the snow set the same as the Snowman set? Of the sets you listed, the space theme is my favorite.

« Reply #278 on: February 17, 2003, 02:27:56 PM »
I know I'm annoying everybody, but think CABIN!

I think the Nintendo Theme would be the best.
 n/a

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #279 on: February 17, 2003, 08:24:13 PM »
jjf8420, if you want the most hra point and luck in every color use the construction set for the first floor and the fruit set upstairs.  You can get more points with the figurine set upstairs, but they aren't lucky.  Also, put special items in corners to get luck for two different colors at once.

For my character named Link I am currently using green furniture on the first floor and the citrus, watermelon and nintendo sets (with the citrus wallpaper and floor) and I get 160,000 points.  I am collecting the ranch set and old looking items for Link.

For my Mario character I am using construction and Nintendo / Mario items.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #280 on: February 17, 2003, 08:31:25 PM »
Oh, and my wife is using regal for Zelda and lovely for Peach.  Having two players with 2 charaters each and two towns about doubles the items you can get.  Not to mention the e-reader cards and GBA island.  (projecthyrule helps too, but I am trying not to use those codes)

(if you are new here, i am a 30 year old married physics teacher)

Edited by - Luigison on 2/17/2003 6:45:46 PM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2003, 09:30:02 PM »
I just found these on projecthyrules univeral codes.  I haven't tested them so they are use at your own risk.

Block Flooring:
666abcdn66efgH
DyGabcd6B6efgH
Tell: Tom Nook

Green Pipe:
ArariaAnfSarah
SpurlOagereo&2
Tell: Nook

----

Random NES game code:
IRSMDqYokR685s
h%LO&kwcRCmqi3
Tell: Villager

Most of the time you try this code you will get a cannon but after you try this code for a while, you will probably get a random NES game. There is a possibilities that you can get a rare NES game like Wario Wood and Punchout, or a mysterious NES game like Legend of the Zelda and Super Mario Bros.

---

Ever notice how many of the codes have a similiar series of characters.  I am working on trying to decode some of the codes and combining them.  Anyone have ideas?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2003, 10:37:03 PM »
Do you guys not know about the GameCube main menu? You can easily copy your town data in the memory card screen in the GCN menu! Just select the appropriate memory blocks, hit A, and select copy! Easy as pie! (Actually, easier than pie, if you ask me.)

That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #283 on: February 18, 2003, 08:02:40 PM »
Yeah, Chupperson, I know about the GCN's menu. Simply hold down the A button when turning on the system to access it. That's not the issue.

I believe that some games create save files that cannot be copied (duplicated). The games' programs don't allow it. My reason for believing this is that Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (a game I own) Chao data cannot be copied. It can only be moved from one Memory Card to another (which means deleting the file from the first Card).

I have not been able to test this for myself with Animal Crossing because I do not currently have an empty Memory Card.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #284 on: February 18, 2003, 08:07:19 PM »
Well, people keep talking about backup towns and junk...

That was a joke.

Print