Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 367100 times)

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2009, 09:56:18 PM »
By "downloadable", I meant that it would most likely be obatainable at Toy 'R' Us and whatnot, and later via Mystery Gift. Speaking of which, I do indeed have a legitimate Japanese Celebi. It's calling your name as we speak.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2009, 10:11:24 PM »

Proof!

Just kidding, I'll take your word for it. Congratulations. :D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 10:17:52 PM by FlamingBlueMardio »
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2009, 10:17:11 PM »
I figure the word "Heart" is going to skew sales towards SoulSilver. Like how I don't know any guys who own Pearl.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2009, 10:45:55 PM »
...And you aren't able to do that in every other game in the series?

The difference being that cross trading between certain games is an unlockable until much later in the game. Fire Red and Leaf Green didn't allow you to trade with Ruby and Sapphire until after the Elite Four, Emerald has it locked as well, and Pal Park in Diamond and Pearl isn't available until you complete the Sinnoh Dex.

In Gold/Silver, you basically had that right after you defeated the thrid gym leader, and considering most people at that point had already played Red/Blue, they could easily import thier old team and beat the game without even trying. It kind of ruins the novelty of all new Pokemon when you have the chance to reuse your old team.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2009, 10:47:26 PM »
Really?  I thought Silver might be more popular because

might have a larger fanbase than
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 10:49:25 PM by Kojinka »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2009, 11:03:19 PM »
You can trade between the same versions as early as you reach the first Center. Why is it only possible to get a ridiculously strong team from games in other regions.

I mean I see what you're saying but it doesn't stand for a whole lot. Trading from finished games has always been around...not necessarily on release day, but it has.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2009, 01:17:46 AM »
You are missing my point if you think this is about trading teams over to other games.

What I am saying is that the experience in Gold/Silver can be soured because most people who upgraded to those games would basically take the chance to transfer their Red/Blue team and dominate as opposed to raising an all new team from the ground up. This is especially tempting when the more hardcore players realize the Johto Pokemon had some terrible stats compared to the Kanto ones.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2009, 01:50:40 AM »
I figure the word "Heart" is going to skew sales towards SoulSilver. Like how I don't know any guys who own Pearl.
I own Pearl, baby!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2009, 02:25:45 AM »
Mmkay. I stand corrected. But still, my point is that most boys will shoot for the one that doesn't have Heart in its name. I may very well end up with both, but I'm going with SoulSilver first because I like Delibird, Ledyba, and Phanpy better than Gold's exclusives (although, Phanpy may be in HeartGold instead, as it was exclusive to Gold in the Japanese versions). I'll keep an eye out for that.

For those looking at SoulSilver for Lugia, change your mind! Get HeartGold and find Lugia at level 70 instead of 40! YOU WILL HAVE TO WORK HALF AS MUCH!! : )     )
It's YOUR problem!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2009, 02:46:32 AM »
What I am saying is that the experience in Gold/Silver can be soured because most people who upgraded to those games would basically take the chance to transfer their Red/Blue team and dominate as opposed to raising an all new team from the ground up. This is especially tempting when the more hardcore players realize the Johto Pokemon had some terrible stats compared to the Kanto ones.

Have fun with having these Pokemon listen to you :)   )
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2009, 03:16:13 PM »
As a general rule of thumb, I think we can conclude that whichever Pokemon game is mentioned first in a pair ends up outselling the other. Aside possibly from Gold and Silver, this theorem has held true in every other generation to date. Of course, the factor of boys presumably not wanting a title with "heart" in their collections, combined with the common knowledge that girls don't play video games, both work against HeartGold's claim to its stake on being the more popular game of the pair.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2009, 04:33:19 PM »
Mmkay. I stand corrected. But still, my point is that most boys will shoot for the one that doesn't have Heart in its name. I may very well end up with both, but I'm going with SoulSilver first because I like Delibird, Ledyba, and Phanpy better than Gold's exclusives (although, Phanpy may be in HeartGold instead, as it was exclusive to Gold in the Japanese versions). I'll keep an eye out for that.

For those looking at SoulSilver for Lugia, change your mind! Get HeartGold and find Lugia at level 70 instead of 40! YOU WILL HAVE TO WORK HALF AS MUCH!! : )     )
No, I want Lugia sooner than later.  And it came with Aeroblast in the original Silver version.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2009, 04:42:16 PM »
If guys do stay away from it because it's called Heart, then I'll probably buy it just because of that.

Quote from: C.S. Lewis
Critics who treat "adult" as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adults themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence....When I was ten, I read fairytales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
tl;dr: Only wusses are afraid of looking like wusses.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2009, 04:48:18 PM »
GAH.  I go on a trip without internet for one weekend and miss all this.

My religious beliefs aside, I'll be getting the Silver remake for the soul reason that an ethereal/spiritual element of the body > a hunk of muscle that pumps blood. 

...Okay, not for that reason.  I sort of just like Silver as a color better than Gold.

Speaking of proof, I would like to know who might have a Celebi (without Game Shark) in their Pokemon D/P/P pokedexes.

*Ahem*
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2009, 06:20:56 PM »
What a terrible pun/misspelling.

Print