Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 367088 times)

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2009, 08:57:29 PM »
I agree with what BP said. LEAF is the best-designed of the Pokegirls.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2009, 11:52:34 PM »
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2009, 04:32:37 PM »
You know, I just had a thought..

Since Nintendo is so interested in doing remakes, why don't they remake other games than handheld games? .. the recent New Play Control! series doesn't count, since they added nothing to the game..

What about a SM64 remake with SMG graphics, along with new playable characters (similar to SM64DS)? Why not just go all the way and remake Super Mario Kart with Mario Kart Wii graphics/ideas (tricks are good, blue shells of death are bad..)

Remake Ocarina of Time with Twilight Princess (or maybe even WW) graphics, remake Kirby 64 with.. oh wait..

Anyway, I know nobody at Nintendo will ever see this, but I wonder if they have even thought of it.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2009, 04:39:18 PM »
Third parties seem more keen on the concept than Nintendo itself -- For one, the acclaimed Playstation title, Klonoa, is bound for a Wiimake later this year. It's nothing to make the average gamer poop a little, but a step in that direction for sure.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2009, 04:49:34 PM »
Yes it seems that way, but Nintendo still has to slap the Official Nintendo Seal on the packaging..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2009, 05:19:46 PM »
Remake Ocarina of Time with Twilight Princess (or maybe even WW) graphics
I said it before, but I want both. WW graphics for Child, TP graphics for Adult.

Majora's Mask could probably do some kind of mixture.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2009, 05:11:05 PM »
Do you think that they will keep the ability to go back to Kanto? The original Gold/Silver had this function, but I don't know if the remakes will. You are able to get lots of Pokemon into your D/P through the use of the Dual Slot (GBA slot), so do you think they will keep Kanto in the remakes?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2009, 05:25:21 PM »
I never played any of the other Pokemon generations besides the original and Platinum.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2009, 05:55:23 PM »
I'm kind of positive, Toad. Kanto and Johto are both pretty small on their own, and building a game on either alone wouldn't cut it anymore. Probably why the Sevii Islands got added to FireRed and LeafGreen. I mean, going to Kanto was never about catching old Pokémon. It was about... going to Kanto. Besides, there is no Pokémon League HQ in Johto. It's still Indigo Plateau.

No, on the contrary, I bet Kanto is bigger. It was cut a lot in G/S/C to make the whole game fit in the cartridge... but that's not a problem anymore. There are several locations in Kanto that can be used for Battle Frontier landmarks, like that building in Vermilion that was never actually built, or Mt. Moon Square. The Safari Zone will probably be open. I wish Cinnabar Island would get rebuilt after you first defeat RED, but who knows. Rebattling gym leaders is a must--BLUE was my favorite and he promised GOLD he'd beat him someday...

On this topic, I remember walking into Ruby thinking "I wonder how much later than the other games this takes place. I wonder what Kanto and Johto are like now!" The first indication that this wasn't exactly going to be an eternal pattern was the absence of Rattata and Pidgey... The original trips through Kanto and Hoenn are supposed to occur simultaneously, and the trip through Johto aligns with the one through Sinnoh. That being said, I'd have paid for and played Platinum if D/P/Pt sent you though an aged Hoenn.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2009, 12:44:08 AM »
One of the main reasons that this remake is being released would be to gain access to the Johto Pokemon for the fourth-gen games (usually on the DSi); and with no such capabilities for the Kanto Pokemon either it's a decent bet that they'll redo Kanto in this release.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2009, 07:23:46 AM »
This is all well and good, but... I do NOT want to trade my completed Pokedex to another game AGAIN.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2009, 07:38:05 AM »
Then don't
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2009, 11:00:28 AM »
I... I MUST.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2009, 05:24:40 PM »
I'm still hoping to get around to getting ahold of a Ditto in my brother's copy of LeafGreen so I can trade it to Ruby and make copies of the Pokemon I don't really want to directly trade over.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2009, 12:59:03 PM »
Scans

New GOLD was overdone, so I'm not going to start drawing him any differently anytime soon. Apparently that's not even a redesign of KRIS at all, but some new chick. I feel for the girls. None of the designs for the female protagonist options have been short of horrendous, except LEAF.
Yeah, I have to say I would've loved seeing an updated drawing for Kris.  I didn't care for her design at first, but I warmed up to her, and she would've been the icing on the cake of nostalgia for older Pokemon fans.

I hope HG/SS confirms whether or not the rival is indeed Giovanni's kid (FR/LG hinted that Giovanni had a red headed kid)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print