Print

Author Topic: "The Philosophy of Liberty"  (Read 32848 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2009, 08:29:34 AM »
I think that both tobacco and marijuana should be legal, but regulated by the FDA so that they require a prescription from a doctor. 

I also retook the test:

If nothing else that was an incredibly interesting video. Thank you for sharing, Luigison.
You're welcome.  In case anyone missed it:  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2550156453790090544
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 08:34:00 AM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2009, 01:34:44 PM »
What doctor in his/her right mind would prescribe tobacco to anyone ever? Weed I can almost understand (though not condone), but prescribing something with a surgeon general's warning makes no sense.
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2009, 02:06:28 PM »
I should have said nicotine.  Tobacco cigarettes, chew, and dip are nicotine delivery systems.  Do you think people would smoke, chew, or dip if the products did not contain nicotine or would nicotine free products be as popular as nonalcoholic whiskey?  If the nicotine required a prescription do you think companies would be allowed to advertise on TV and in magazines like other prescription drugs?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2009, 01:05:04 AM »
A few weeks ago I quit the Republican Party. I sent in a voter registration modification form, and joined the Libertarian Party.

And yeah, I think everyone here could recall my "Every Drug Should Be Legal" topic from a while back.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Print