Print

Author Topic: Amazing Parental Feats  (Read 2858 times)

« on: January 11, 2004, 11:14:10 AM »
Though this it's been over a week since 2003 came to an end, but jeeze, it was a good year. They caught Saddam, many a terrific video games were released, and I finally beat Super Mario Sunshine. But this tops all of that. Get this - My dad, who's 50-ish, actually wanted to play video games with me. This is amazing because my dad usually hates to watch video games.(with the possible exception of Medal of Honor series)And the only video game my father has ever played is Pong, Star Castle, and Super Mario Kart. And he isn't to good at them. But on December 31st, 2003, my father played Mario Kart Double Dash!! with me. Yeah. Surprisingly, he enjoyed it. He came close to winning a couple of times, which is something to say because I'm pretty good at it. Luckily for me, though, my dad hasn't asked to play any more. Anybody else have parents like this?

...And my dear sweet mother, she just looked at me like a cow looks at an oncoming train. She leaned right down next to me, and she said,"IT''S GOOD FOR YOU!!!"
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 12:15:55 PM »
My father played the original NES a lot, then stopped, and started playing Goldeneye 007 and Mario Kart 64 when I got them, then stopped. He recognized Mario Kart: Double Dash!! as part of the Mario Kart series because he remembered Rainbow Road.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 12:33:40 PM »
I turned 31 today, but I am not a father yet.  I remember when I was in middle and high school my father (step father actually) stayed up to the 2 or 3 am on many school nights playing SNES RPGs.  Our favs where the Final Fantasy, Mana, and Chronotrigger games.  I think FF3 was our overall fav.  My mom hated our playing so late, but it made my dad and I closer.  He now plays card games on PC.  My mother never played games.

My real father got into gaming later when Doom and other online games started on the PC.  He now has at least 3 computers at his house, but doesn't play games as much.  My step-mother (I jokingly call her my wicked step-mother) plays Tom Raider games on PC.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 12:35:47 PM »
I tried to get my dad to play Goldeneye. He stood stuck behind a door for the entire match.

...And my dear sweet mother, she just looked at me like a cow looks at an oncoming train. She leaned right down next to me, and she said,"IT''S GOOD FOR YOU!!!"

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2004, 12:46:34 PM »
Happy Birthday, Luigison! You'd make a wicked father. I wish my dad shared my intrest in Mario..*cries softly*

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2004, 05:51:44 PM »
Hm. My father used to play Micro Machines on NES with me when I was 4 or 5. He... let me watch Jumpman because I was too young to play... (I always told him where to go, but I ended up getting him killed pretty often).

He helped me beat world 8 of Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt when I couldn't.

My mother played Donkey Kong Country 2 with me at a Toys 'R Us once. I scaled the level with ease, but she was killed by a random Kremling... (or rather, hit by one to where she flashed a few times, scampered off screen, and had to be found within a DK Barrel).

My father used to play the Twisted Metal series with me. But... he hasn't in a long time.

Mario`s adventure is over for now, but,

Mario`s dream lives forever...

Dream on, Mario... dream on.

Kickin' it since 2000.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2004, 09:31:17 PM »
My mom liked Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario Kart.

An amazing feat that was we were playing SMK and we were battling. I had one balloon left and she was chasing me with a banana. I thought that she couldn't really do anything with it but when she shot it out straight forward, IT SMACKED ME PERFECTLY ON THE HEAD... and lost me the battle...

"I do one sit-up a day. I get up in the morning; that''s half. I lay down at night; that''s the other half. I figured out a long time ago that my body was just for carrying my head from place to place." ~Mark Lowry

Formerly quite reasonable.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2004, 09:31:17 PM »
Oops...

Edited by - Trainman on 1/12/2004 4:33:06 PM
Formerly quite reasonable.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2004, 09:40:48 PM »
Nice use of html.

I am not a loser!  Just ask my pet rock!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2004, 11:05:32 AM »
Boohoo!

My dad used to play PilotWings, for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, with me!! The only game he ever played and was good at!

But after we finished it, it was ALL over!!

Grrr...

If I don't find PilotWings 64 soon or if Nintendo does not release the next PilotWings game for the GameCube, there WILL be some blood shed!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2004, 03:17:22 PM »
My dad doesn't play games anymore, but he really likes games where you blow stuff up. All the more exciting when he got hooked onm MK:DD...

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2004, 06:02:42 PM »
The only game my mother ever played was Yoshi's Cookie for SNES. She was unstoppable in that game. She could even beat me in it. But, my dad hid it one day when i was little because I was playing my SNES for too long, and he lost it... Now we are eagerly awaiting the release of Nintendo Puzzle Collection in America. Oh, don't say it's not coming out because Nintendo has it listed as announced for release in America although a release date is n/a.

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2004, 06:38:40 PM »
hehe...i got my dad to play Dark Cloud 2 recently...and i have to say that he's pretty good.

Oh and the midway arcade treasures my dad loooves to play.

My step-mom plays Tetris 24-7, even though im better at Tetris Attack than her

So whats the big deal? Death comes with a territory! I''ll see you at Disney Land!

Print