Print

Author Topic: GameNOW's Top Ten Mario Centric Games  (Read 2684 times)

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« on: December 11, 2003, 03:06:48 PM »
In the loving memory of GameNOW, I will show one of there lists. This one has to do with Mario:

1.Super Mario Bros. 3
The best Mario game. Excellent graphics (at the time), catchy tunes and alot of extra made us play this game for hours.

2.Super Mario World
This game came close (very close). You have got to give credit to the game that introduced Yoshi.

3.Super Mario 64
Mario's first jump to 3D is one of the best games ever. Even the N64 Banjo-Kazooie games, which had better graphics, blush when they see this game.

4.Super Mario Bros.
The original is still one of the best. Enspecially since it revived a then-dead company.

5.Super Mario Sunshine
We didn't know about that water pack on Mario's back at first. We would soon learn that it adds alot to the gameplay.

6.Mario Kart 64
(I forgot what they said about it. Sorry.)

7.Super Mario RPG
A dream come true. Nintendo and Square working on a game together.

8.Mario Golf
(I forgot what they said about this game also. Sorry again.)

9.Super Mario Bros. 2
Sure, it may not be the "real" Mario 2 (it's actually a Japanese game, with added Mario characters), but it's still crazy fun!

10.Mario Party 4
There have been alot of Mario Party game created. And so far, this one is the best.

I made up some of these commits, because I can't remeber what they said exactlly. Once again, sorry.

---------------------------------------------

GameNOW 4 lyfe! Luigi hated it when he crapped his pants. Boo!

Edited by - Lonic the Elfinhog on 12/11/2003 1:08:37 PM
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 03:26:52 PM »
Looks like a pretty standard list.  You know, Super Mario Bros 3 always comes in first and is hailed as possibly the best platformer of all time, but I've never understood what it has that Super Mario World doesn't.  It's only an opinion, but I thought SMW offered so much more in terms of replay value (trying to uncover all 96 goals--I was stuck at 95 for years) and variety of levels/bosses/enemies/power-ups/pretty much everything.  SMB3 is so consistently rated above it that I have to wonder what exactly I missed in that one.

I'm shocked MP4 made the list, as I personally considered it to be the least fun of any of them by far--and I play an awful lot of Mario Party, heh.  I was also a bit surprised by Mario Golf.  Toadstool Tour's a lot better.
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 08:02:01 PM »
Any list placing Super Mario Bros. 2 ahead of Super Mario World 2 has no credibility in my mind.

In fact, I've only ever seen one list correctly place SMW2 ahead of SMW1. Sad.

Stupid Quotes: (9th edition)
AP U.S. History teacher: "Your groups may have no more than 3 people in them."
*About one second later*
Tom G. (Student in this class): "Can we have 4 people in a group?"
~I.S.~

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2003, 11:47:37 PM »
Ooh, I forgot about SMW2.  I usually do, just because mentally I don't classify it as a "Mario" game, like Yoshi's Story and Wario's Woods and such.  You're right IS, its absence on the list is strange, unless they're like me and forgot about the games where you don't really play as Mario.

I do like SMW, though.  Not better, but about the same.
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 04:10:14 AM »
It comes quite ironic to me for I always thought that Super Mario Bro.s 3 is the best game ever! While my first game I ever owned was Super Mario World...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 01:50:52 PM »
Well, mainly they did not feature Yoshi's Island, because they don't think it's a "real" Mario game. I think it is a real Mario game, it's just not a traditional Mario game. Really though. The guys (and gals) over a GameNOW do like Yoshi's Island. They even said that they think it is the best platformer game ever. Also, they didn't feature MG:TT, because this list was made before the game was released. I just told it to you guys recently, since Ziff Davis is shutting down the magazine. As for the MP4 part, well hey. The Party games have to get some credit as well.

Edited by - Lonic the Elfinhog on 12/12/2003 11:56:26 AM

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2003, 04:39:02 PM »
If Mario Kart 64 is a Mario game, so is Yoshi's Island. mario is a playable character in both, but you don't HAVE to play as Mario. See? They were 100% wrong by saying SMW2 wasn't a Mario game. It has Mario in the freakin' title!

Stupid Quotes: (9th edition)
AP U.S. History teacher: "Your groups may have no more than 3 people in them."
*About one second later*
Tom G. (Student in this class): "Can we have 4 people in a group?"
~I.S.~

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2003, 06:19:44 AM »
GameNOW never said that. What I said was that they probably think that. Personly, I think Yoshi's Island is a real Mario game too, just not a tradtional one.

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2003, 04:15:57 PM »
I don't think GameNOW has played all the other Mario Party's. If they played the 3rd one, they would have put that one instead of Mario Party 4[the WORST one]

Dallas Cowboys 8-5! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Oh yeah, Nintendo owns you.

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2003, 04:46:59 PM »
Wasn't SMW 2: Yoshi's Island with Baby Mario?
Deezer was here.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2003, 08:28:46 PM »
Yes, ignorant one.

I am me.
That was a joke.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2003, 10:03:56 PM »
Actually, Killa, GameNOW did play all of the other Mario Party's. They even put MP3 as either 7. or 8. in there Top Ten N64 Games (and this was before they made that "Mario Centric" top ten).

Print