Print

Author Topic: Is Waluigi gay  (Read 33559 times)

« on: September 08, 2007, 02:10:53 PM »
Don't immediately shoot me down for this but lately it seem apparent that Waluigi might be gay or at least a little flamboyant especially from looking at his behavior in strikers (and his whip) does anyone agree with me or am I just insane
Hanging out inside a lion is probably detrimental to one's health in the long run.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 02:29:34 PM »
No.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 02:31:49 PM »
LOLLOLLOL! Next locked topic right here!

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 02:47:49 PM »
Purple =/= gay. Simply put.
We have a secret page!

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 03:03:34 PM »
You should see what he does when you score against a team in Super Mario Strikers when your playing as him. LOL!

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 03:10:27 PM »
LOLLOLLOL! Next locked topic right here!

It's not like you've never had a locked topic.

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 03:12:07 PM »
Yeah, I know. But seriously...

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 03:30:56 PM »
No. Just no.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 04:39:12 PM »
Of course.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 05:40:55 PM »
*sighs heavily*

You know what? I don't know. Nintendo has never specifically said if he was or not.

I guess it's up to the player to decide.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 05:51:43 PM »
That would be a hilarious press release, either way.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 09:24:20 PM »
I might pair Waluigi and Bowser together for something, but it'd just be for laughs.

In all seriousness, though, I'm with Vid.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 11:29:57 PM »
How is it up to the players at all?
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 12:31:37 AM »
Nonsense, Vid. Surely we all picked up on Melee's trophy description... "His relationship with Wario is unclear..." It's obviously true, undying love.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 02:29:15 AM »
Whoa, suddenly yaoi fangirl logic makes sense to me.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 02:44:49 AM »
It all began with sarcasm and a gullible person?
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 09:36:38 AM »
Nonsense, Vid. Surely we all picked up on Melee's trophy description... "His relationship with Wario is unclear..." It's obviously true, undying love.
XD I still think Wario and Waluigi are brothers, since they are the opposites of Mario and Luigi.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 10:41:25 AM »
XD I still think Wario and Waluigi are brothers, since they are the opposites of Mario and Luigi.

Wouldn't that mean that they're not brothers?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 11:18:41 AM »
Whoa, suddenly yaoi fangirl logic makes sense to me.

But I thought they didn't posses any sort of detectable logic?

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 08:20:15 PM »
Meh, I don't think he is. I also think that he and Waluigi are brothers. It doesn't really matter, though.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »
What I wonder is why he hasn't been included in any WarioWare games....

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »
He doesn't really belong there, or anywhere... just a pewter Monopoly piece designed only to participate in sports and parties as Wario's partner...
Poor guy.
It's YOUR problem!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 11:54:35 AM »
I always knew he was

but never

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 04:42:44 PM »
He doesn't really belong there, or anywhere... just a pewter Monopoly piece designed only to participate in sports and parties as Wario's partner...
Poor guy.
Amen.

Gay? What possessed you to write this?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 10:20:35 PM »
I remember when Dogss created the "Is Mario Gay" topic. It was closed after about 4 posts, but this one has actually made it to 2 pages. It's kinda funny.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 01:26:52 PM »
That's because no one cares for Waluigi. Any Mario fan would feel bad when some one said that Mario was gay, when they have no evidence of that. (What kind of gay person would blush and smile when kissed by a princess?) But since it's about Waluigi this time, no one really feels angry about it because no one likes him. So no reason to lock!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 01:52:11 PM »
No reason other than this is a pointless topic that can't possibly reach a conclusion since Nintendo will likely never address this topic.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2007, 02:17:23 PM »
Why do people even care about the sexuality of fictional characters who are part of fictional works where sex isn't even a recurring theme anyway?

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2007, 03:40:52 PM »
That's because no one cares for Waluigi.

Wrong.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2007, 06:33:24 AM »
Why do people even care about the sexuality of fictional characters who are part of fictional works where sex isn't even a recurring theme anyway?

Since your question makes sense and is hard for them to answer, it will continue to be thoroughly ignored.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 12:20:23 PM »
Well, you can't blame me for being slightly optimistic. :P

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2007, 03:58:34 PM »
"..." to this topic. Also, it's a genuine question, not an attack or insult or anything. You guys' reactions are what's annoying and would get this topic locked, not the initial post or topic in itself. So chill and discuss rather than get on anyone's case.

Anyway, personally, I've always wondered if Waluigi had a thing for Daisy...
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2007, 04:02:38 PM »
Anyway, personally, I've always wondered if Waluigi had a thing for Daisy...

Same here. I believe this has been mentioned several times in numerous sources. Like TC said, I really doubt Waluigi's sexuality is all that important.

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2007, 06:56:07 PM »
It is vitally important... for my fanfiction.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2007, 06:25:59 PM »
Hahahahaa
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2007, 08:27:53 AM »
Because of his personality Waluigi will either:
A) Get all the female action because girls love bad boys
B) Get nothing because he's sleezy
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2007, 03:33:28 PM »
Whoa now. Purple is supposed to be the color of royalty. But I think Waluigi's purple is closer to indigo anyway so whatever.

And for anyone that cares, I'm working on a fanfiction and one of the subplots is that Waluigi will try to score with Daisy...and fails horribly.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2007, 07:33:08 AM »
I know I'VE got a thing for Daisy! Sry Luigi.
And Miyamoto saidth unto him: Use the Hammer of Might, and take down the spike-shelled demon, that IS Bowser. And he did.

Mushroom Kingdom 3:4

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2007, 10:28:22 AM »
I dunno, but I think the reason no one has ever brought this up before is that everyone just assumed that homosexuality simply did not exist in the Mario universe, and I believe it should be kept that way.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2007, 12:41:01 PM »
What about Birdo? :P
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2007, 02:39:06 PM »
That's just a mix-up, isn't it?

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2007, 05:40:25 PM »
I think his Hillbilly music in Strikers gives him more personality than the other games. Like in MP8, whenever Waluigi wins a Mini-Game, one of his victory poses is taking out a Rose and doing a stance with it. If I'm wrong, then maybe he's just a DX fan.

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2007, 06:02:24 PM »
I guess that makes him HBK and Wario Triple H.  :P

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2007, 10:17:17 AM »
I sometimes like to picture Wario and Waluigi as a Team Rocket-like duo.  I even wrote a motto for them.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2007, 09:27:21 AM »
I always knew he was

but never

You, good sir, have won.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2007, 10:57:53 AM »
I'm tired of the whole "Pink = gay" thing.

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2007, 11:07:57 AM »
I'm tired of the whole "Pink = gay" thing.

Seriously, people in today's society add new meanings to words that are radically different from the old meanings.

How did 'Happy' get to 'Homosexual'?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2007, 11:44:47 AM »
Yeah, I've wondered about that myself. It is kind of stupid how our society gives words meanings different from the original.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2007, 01:33:35 PM »
It is how things go, I suppose. The evolution of language. But, the way that in [ghetto] America[n high schools like mine] you either are angry at everyone you meet or must be gay (no mistaking it) is ridiculous. I don't come into contact with immature, angry, f-bomb-happy kids with the tendency to call anyone gay for the stupidest reasons often anymore. My answer is always, "Sorry, you're mistaken," instead of the "F--- you, b----, your mom, you're f---in' gay," that they want. If I were, though, the answer would be, "And your point is?" It's funny--it's as if stating someone's sexual preference (even if they know they're wrong and are just saying it because they are immature, angry, f-bomb-happy kids with the tendency to call anyone gay for the stupidest reasons) is actually an almighty power. You know what I'm saying?
Edits in brackets.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2007, 04:21:15 PM »

This picture ALSO urks me. :P

I don't really like pink, period...

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2007, 04:54:45 PM »
Waluigi wears purple. :P

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2007, 01:55:53 PM »
I agree Bird Person. For the topic, my answer is no.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2007, 06:10:27 PM »
Seriously, people in today's society add new meanings to words that are radically different from the old meanings.

How did 'Happy' get to 'Homosexual'?

The Flinstones must be homosexual then, as the word gay is in their theme song!..

We'll have a gay old time!

As for the topic: no, I do not think Waluigi is gay, but I do think that he and Wario are brothers.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2007, 02:12:44 PM »
Useless Fact:

"Gay old' was changed to "groovy" on the Flintstones Comedy Show ( featuring teenaged Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm) from the 70s.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2007, 05:25:49 PM »
Well, kinda. He wasn't back then, but he kinda is now...

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2007, 05:30:52 PM »
He is not gay, he never has been gay.

silverstarman

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2007, 05:59:54 PM »
He is not gay, he never has been gay.

OK, well, he's not gay, but I really don't know how to explain him in Strikers Charged.

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2007, 07:29:44 PM »
He's rude. Shawn Michaels is known to do some very similar things, and he isn't gay.

silverstarman

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2007, 07:56:45 PM »
He's rude. Shawn Michaels is known to do some very similar things, and he isn't gay.

Haha, alright, that makes sense.

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2007, 10:40:24 PM »
woooow! I had to read this topic. Lol, no, but the whip thing does raise the suspicion, not wearing purple though, Luigi wears purple overalls at times, and he might be straighter than Mario.
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

Sqrt2

« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2007, 02:43:32 AM »
He's not gay just because he has a whip.

If he is, does that mean all lion tamers are gay? No, it doesn't.
AA fanboy and proud!

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2007, 08:07:40 AM »
Yeah, but Lion tamers are required to have whips, soccer players don't.
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2007, 08:12:13 AM »
He's not gay because none of the Mario characters are gay. Some of them aren't even heterosexual. Why? Because sex isn't a central theme in the Mario universe. Seriously, I wish people would use a little common sense before making topics like this. From what I understand, pulling out a rose (he does this in Mario Party 8) in Japan makes you a player. Of course, in America, pulling out a rose makes you gay. I'm pretty sure Waluigi came from Japan, not America. He's not gay, he never will be gay.

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2007, 08:50:46 AM »
good point

« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2007, 11:33:04 AM »
But if he was, who cares?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2007, 03:09:08 PM »
Yeah, really. People should stop obsessing about things that are better left unsaid anyway.

« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2007, 03:34:19 PM »
Are we still discussing Waluigi's sexuality? Cripes!

Waluigi has a rose and whip becuase odd-ball characteristics are what make the Mario characters all unique from eachother. He has those things because he is different from Luigi, and a different sort of evil than Wario, but that does not make him gay.

Tuxedo Mask in Sailor Moon uses roses too. Does that make him gay? .. or even better, the Mario Bros use a flower power-up to shoot fireballs at enemies. That flower is often depicted as a rose in some fan-art that I've seen. Does that make them gay too?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2007, 07:04:25 PM »
(If you reply yes to that, than you need a good lecture from the mariologists. It would also mean you are a brilliant-burro, unless you have a good reason.)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 05:56:27 PM by Suffix »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2007, 07:53:25 PM »
lol, the idea of honorable rule-breaking Mariologists lecturing people.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2007, 08:09:49 PM »
lol, swearing.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2007, 08:28:17 PM »
woooow! I had to read this topic. Lol, no, but the whip thing does raise the suspicion, not wearing purple though, Luigi wears purple overalls at times, and he might be straighter than Mario.

How can straightness be measured?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2007, 12:11:58 PM »
Can't everyone just admit this topic is worthless and move on? I mean, COME ON, when people start discussing the sexual orientation of fictional characters, they've gone a little too far.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2007, 02:51:47 PM »
Nah, I've seen worse, but I agree.  This discussion should end.  I'm surprised it's lasted this long.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2007, 04:56:59 PM »
I know! It's almost the same as Mariology-repetitive, while at the same time, repetitive. I'd also call it repetitive.
It's YOUR problem!

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2007, 05:02:57 PM »
Zeldario should have said this a chat room, or in "Mario-ology" where he would have been met with a less than happy (but more enlightening) response.
"it's always the present"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2007, 08:51:28 PM »
How can straightness be measured?
With a ruler.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2007, 09:28:42 PM »
If that's the case, then Luigi really is straighter than Mario because Mario is all round and stuff!

Okay, that was just bad.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2007, 08:15:08 AM »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2007, 12:30:22 PM »
You know, I think I've got one of those...

« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »
The preconceived notions and stereotypes of homosexuals in this thread are becoming appalling, IMO.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2007, 08:42:23 PM »
Jeez, this thread isn't dead yet? Why can't you people just let it DIE!

« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2007, 08:48:46 PM »
Fighting For Peace Is Like Posting For A Thread To Die

libra346

• Emoticonstipation
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2007, 03:08:40 PM »
why does his hat have an upsidedown backwards L and what game does he appear in other than those games where Mario characters join up like Mario kart and Mario party? does he appear in any game with a story?
Anything you can do I can do better.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2007, 03:29:28 PM »
Ok first of all he has a backwards L becuase he's the backwards Luigi and he would look to much like Wario if he also had a W on his head and they couldent but a L on his head becuase he would look to much like luigi then so they simply turned it into a backwards L.

He's only in the Mario spin-offs becuase he isent meant in a normal Mario/Wario adventures. They only made him becuase they needed a double's partner for Wario in Mario tennis 64 and later he bacame a playable charicter in alot of Mario spin-offs becuase they wanted more charicters to be playable in them.

(this website needs a backwords L letter so its easyer to say it lol)
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2007, 03:40:23 PM »
You could easily recreate the upside down L Waluigi has with the Cyrillic character set.

Г. There. See?

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2007, 03:46:37 PM »
You could easily recreate the upside down L Waluigi has with the Cyrillic character set.

Г. There. See?

Oh ok thanks. ive never seen it there before so thanks.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

libra346

• Emoticonstipation
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2007, 05:33:14 PM »
thanks
Anything you can do I can do better.

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2007, 09:05:53 AM »
BTW this letter can be romanized as G. Ehh... No matter :P
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2007, 09:12:40 AM »
I just want this thread to die
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print