Print

Author Topic: Wikipwnedia  (Read 10676 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 12:44:04 PM »
Cartoon network used to be a good channel, back when they had "Cartoon Cartoon Fridays" and "The Powerpuff Girls" and "Dexter's Laboratory."  It all when downhill when the changed "Cartoon Cartoon Fridays" to "Fridays," and introduced [with the possible exception of Ben 10] shows that were obviously created, drawn, and planned in 5 minutes, and had a run of less than that.  All in an attempt to be "cooler."  It's sickening.  Now Disney has all the best cartoons (which isn't saying much).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2008, 01:03:40 PM »
I barely watch TV anymore except Nick At Nite (it'll go down the drain in a few years.... the show Friends is supposed to be on Nick At Nite in 2010), Family Guy, and that's pretty much it. I live on television DVD's and old movies. TV nowadays is just too awful to watch.
Ditto used Machop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2008, 01:53:54 PM »
You're not kidding.  I wish they'd hurry up with some new Heroes episodes.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 02:05:40 PM »
You know you're getting old when you saw shows on Nick at Nite in their original broadcast runs.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2008, 01:22:14 AM »
Well, it helps that Nick at Nite's lineup is getting ridiculously recent. Most of the shows are from the 80s and 90s, and even TV Land is usually in the 70s.

Then again, the 90s were longer ago than we realize. I always forget that we're almost at the end of this decade (and still haven't decided what to call it).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2008, 02:13:20 AM »
"Recent"?

The best way to figure it out is that Nick at Nite usually airs shows that premiered 2 decades earlier.

Back in the 1990s, they had shows as recent as the 1970s and had good runs until the early-to-mid 1980s.
When the 2000s started, they started acquiring shows that premiered in the 1980s that also ran into the next decade.
So when the 2010s start, when you've learned the formula, it's not surprising that they've acquired Friends and other popular sitcoms that premiered the late 1990s.

You only consider them recent because you saw them back on their original networks, in their original runs.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2008, 02:46:11 AM »
Maybe I'm just remembering the pre-TV Land Nick at Nite, which had a lot more 50s shows. At least, that was all I watched on it back then.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print