Poll

Is R.O.B. a Mario character now?

Yes
4 (16%)
No
21 (84%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Print

Author Topic: Is R.O.B. officially part of the Mario gang?  (Read 14192 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2007, 05:24:56 PM »
^ You can beat it in, like, two days.

Hey, there's an idea! Put a Shroob in some other game, already!
If you mean a literal two days, that's really long. If you mean off-and-on two days, like a few hours then you're sup3r-l33t (0r m3), and if you mean like, about one week (which is about how long my third playthrough took, totaling about 15 hours) then, okay. But hey, I could beat Paper Mario or perhaps PM:TTYD in 15 hours or less. Or M&L:SS. I suppose it was shorter than the other Mario RPGs. You can still beat SMB in some 30 minutes.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2007, 05:52:49 PM »
It took me precisely 25 hours total at one hour per night to complete DK64 101%.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2007, 05:56:00 PM »
You can still beat SMB in some 30 minutes.
I once saw a video of two guys racing each other in SMB. I think they took about six minutes to beat it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2007, 06:04:50 PM »
Well, I'm saying if you don't warp. I never warp. I've never recorded a time for playing all the way through SMB.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2007, 06:57:50 AM »
I like when games are pretty short. Far too often a game drags on and shiny new games lure me away before completion with their charms. In fact, this has happened both times I tried to play PiT. I still haven't beaten it!

(For the record, I've beaten the other 4 Mario RPGs no problem.)

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2007, 03:49:01 PM »
You people really don't get how this works.

A non-Mario character just being in one game for a bit doesn't make them "pure Mario" now.

It was just a little gimmick they included, mainly to amplify their obsession with the darn thing.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2007, 07:37:19 PM »
You speak as if the poll results aren't 16 to 3 in the favor of "No."
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2007, 08:14:13 PM »
Perhaps he didn't vote and/or see the results.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2007, 10:40:15 AM »
It was just a little gimmick they included, mainly to amplify their obsession with the darn thing.

More like to add a little more fun into the game for oldschool gamers.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2007, 05:31:49 PM »
He reminds my of one of my favorite childhood villians Dick Dastardly; this alone makes him awesome.
That's exactly who I was reminded of when I first saw Waluigi!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2007, 05:37:48 PM »
He also looks like the Purple Pieman.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2007, 09:21:47 PM »
Who the heck is the Purple Pieman?!  He does bear some resemblance to Waluigi though...  Didn't Waluigi just suddenly show in in Mario Tennis as a partner for Wario?  Oh well, I dislike Mario Tennis anyway.

Not to be confused with Mario's Tennis.  That game rocks.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2007, 09:39:34 PM »
The purple pieman is a character from Strawberry Shortcake. I've never seen the show, but I looked him up, and this is what it said:

"The Purple Pieman was introduced in Strawberry Shortcake's first adventure, The World of Strawberry Shortcake, where he succeeded in flooding Strawberryland and stealing all the berries in the valley. This was, unfortunately, the closest the Pieman ever came to a decisive victory over Strawberry Shortcake. Hereafter, the Purple Pieman merely harassed the residents of Strawberryland. He admitted in Strawberry Shortcake in Big Apple City that he has an 'evil conscience,' but he rarely does anything that is more than mildly mischievous.

The Purple Pieman lives in a ramshackle tower of cookware dubbed Porcupine Peak. In his tower, he has a wealth of baking supplies, such as ovens, pans, and dough. The Pieman also possesses a magic pie tin, which he sometimes uses to spy on the residents of Strawberryland. While he is a clever liar and cheat, he is an admittedly poor baker. The Purple Pieman frequently refers to himself in the third person, and always performs a quick jig after doing so. He dislikes snakes and Sour Grapes' singing, but hates Strawberry Shortcake's 'Berry Talk' above all else.

The Purple Pieman has a flock of Berry Birds, which he uses to steal berries and eavesdrop on the denizens of Strawberryland. The largest Berry Bird is called Captain Cackle."

I got this from wikipedia, so the information might be off.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print