Print

Author Topic: Save JLU!  (Read 4672 times)

« on: January 07, 2006, 11:12:31 PM »
I know there's a lot of Justice League Unlimited fans here. Well, it looks like the show is in trouble. As all of you already know, after Season 3 supposedly started in September, we have had a whopping two hours of new episodes (doubled up, so it only took two weeks). That was almost 4 months ago. During this long hiatus, there has been NO reruns whatsoever, not even in graveyard timeslots like at 2:00 AM. The season was supposedly going to resume on January 1, 2006, but it didn't. Recently, the Cartoon Network has announced that the rest of the season will be delayed until late spring/summer 2006. There hasn't been any news about the show being renewed for another season after this one. All the signs indicate that JLU isn't in the Cartoon Network's favor, and that this will probably be the last season.

A bunch of guys over at superherohype.com have started a campagin to save the show. It involves contacting Cartoon Network and the WB via mail, telephone, or E-mail to express your support for the show (remember to be polite). Also, everyone is encouraged to spread the message to other forums (as well as people you know in real life), and to buy the Season 1 DVD box set when it comes out on March 21. Please do what you can to help save this excellent show.

Cartoon Network

MAILING ADDRESS
Cartoon Network
1050 Techwood Drive
Atlanta, GA 30318

PHONE
1-404-885-2263

feedback@cartoonnetwork.com

A lot of you will probably think this petitioning won't work, but it doesn't hurt to try and if Fox can ressurrect Family Guy maybe CN can reconsider their decision.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 11:14:57 PM »
Nah, that show was boring. I'd rather sign a petition to get rid of that stupid kids show "Tickle U". God! Go away already, who ever made that show is a freak and a loser.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 11:24:29 PM »
Tickle U should be replaces with a daytime Adult Swim...or better yet, Adult Swim should be its own network!
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 02:41:21 AM »
Tickle U should be replaces with a daytime Adult Swim...or better yet, Adult Swim should be its own network!

I've been saying that since it's second year of being on at eleven.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 11:58:26 AM »
I'm with Wiggles on this. It sucks that CN is canceling another great show. It's bad enough that they cancelled Samurai Jack, Yu Yu Hakusho (even though they brought back, but why early in the morning and not even uncut?) Megas XLR and Teen Titans (it's on it's final season, for it was announced that it would be cancelled before the season aired) and now Justace Leauge Unlimited? Cancel Tickle U. Cancel 4Kids's terrible dub of One Piece. Heck, cancel Camp Lazlo (how can the creator of Rocko's Modern Life create such a horrible cartoon?). But don't cancel another great show like JLU. Darn you, CN. Well, at least it isn't as bad as Nick or Disney.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 12:01:53 PM by Poop Dude »
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 12:10:43 PM »
Justice League Unlimited is soooooooooooooo (censored) (censored). Personally, I think Cartoon Network is for ages 3-9.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 12:15:11 PM »
I'm with Wiggles on this. It sucks that CN is canceling another great show. It's bad enough that they cancelled Samurai Jack, Yu Yu Hakusho (even though they brought back, but why early in the morning and not even uncut?) Megas XLR and Teen Titans (it's on it's final season, for it was announced that it would be cancelled before the season aired) and now Justace Leauge Unlimited? Cancel Tickle U. Cancel 4Kids's terrible dub of One Piece. Heck, cancel Camp Lazlo (how can the creator of Rocko's Modern Life create such a horrible cartoon?). But don't cancel another great show like JLU. Darn you, CN. Well, at least it isn't as bad as Nick or Disney.

What are you talking about?

Naruto, IGPX, and a handful of others blow away both of those channels. (Except Avatar on Nick.)

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 12:23:06 PM »
Re-read the quote please.

Also, I'll agree that CN also has another handfull of good shows, but they also have some pretty bad shows as well. I guess it equals it out, I don't know.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 12:46:06 PM »
Man, I miss the golden age of cartoons.  The 80s and 90s were such a great time to grow up watching cartoons.  It was an era when Disney and these other networks knew how to make a great cartoon, and they were churning out instant classics year after year, I miss those days.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 12:48:58 PM »
Re-read the quote please.

Also, I'll agree that CN also has another handfull of good shows, but they also have some pretty bad shows as well. I guess it equals it out, I don't know.

But you also said it was bad. So you know what I mean.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 12:53:37 PM »
Okay, good point. I'll just say it's semi-good semi-bad. :P

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006, 01:16:31 PM »
The real JL was so much better...
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2006, 05:02:27 PM »
In Australia, Teen Titans and JLU are on everyday, as is Samurai Jack and Xiaolin Showdown. They've set it out pretty well. Now, if you excus me, I'm gonna watch some anime-inspired cartoons. *Leaves*
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 07:51:39 PM »
(how can the creator of Rocko's Modern Life create such a horrible cartoon?)

I knew that voice was familliar!!!

Edward the Platypus is Filburt!!!

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 08:11:58 PM »
JLU? Not one of my favorite shows, but if it's helping you, I'll do all that I can. So...what exactly AM I supposed to do?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print