Print

Author Topic: Likely Characters for Super Smash Brothers Brawl  (Read 21441 times)

« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2007, 11:38:13 AM »
You knew that Sonic in Brawl had to happen eventually.

I really like his special move list. Reminds me of the Sonic CD video sequences.

« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2007, 03:01:14 PM »
for those of you who don't know, brawl's been pushed back to feb 10th.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2007, 03:34:23 PM »
NOOOO!!!

Where did you find this out?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 03:37:23 PM by silverstarman »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2007, 05:36:34 PM »
Hint: Sakurai announced the delay himself.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

silverstarman

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2007, 05:46:01 PM »
OMG this is terrible!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2007, 06:52:08 PM »
Sighhhh...
It's NOT terrible. It's only three freakin' months.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 06:54:34 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

silverstarman

« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2007, 07:51:43 PM »
Sighhhh...
It's NOT terrible. It's only three freakin' months.

Sarcasm. It's still bad though.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2007, 10:55:39 AM »
This guy wouldn't know sarcasm if came up and bit him in the face!
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2007, 11:12:14 AM »
Delays are so bitter sweet.  I'd rather play a delayed finished game instead of an rushed, unpollished game.  It's the extra wait that people freak out at.  I myself freaked out at the delay.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2007, 09:02:37 PM »
Now, you see, this is what happens every time there's a delay: 60% freaks, and the other 40% play the "would you rather it was buggy?" card. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that argument--on the contrary, it's entirely rational--but let's look at it from what I think is the point of view of most people: You don't consciously think about the fact that the reason a game has a release date is because they're actually making it, right? To those waiting for a game--be it Brawl, or anything else--in-between when you realize the game exists and when it comes out, it's in some mystical limbo where the game is as it will be, but is sitting on a shelf in a faraway land until it ships to GameStop or Babbages or what-have-you. It's the same mindset that makes it possible for the tots to believe that Santa Claus can deliver stuff to every kid on the planet.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, unless hundreds of swamped programmers spring to mind every time you thing about the release date of a game, you're never truly prepared to accept a delay with a clear head.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2007, 02:00:45 PM »
Sorry, but it's pretty clear that they want more time to work on it. Take a look at the snapshot update, for example. There's something else that needs to be programmed and may not be in the final cut at all. And they aren't done with Sonic yet. I'm actually pretty amazed it only took two and a half years to turn Super Smash Bros. into Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Delays: This is why we CAN have nice things!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

silverstarman

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2007, 09:20:32 PM »
No kidding. That's what they said actually. They also probably want that time to sweep up any mistakes or add on soe more, smaller features if they have the time.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2007, 10:52:11 PM »
I'm predicting that the secret snapshot feature is Photo Channel-type doodling on the pictures, but can also include any stickers you've gotten. Either that, or the snapshots are actually 3D, and can be rotated at any time, with the ability to set default angles for each so that you can still have classic 2D snapshots. If the pictures are saved in a non-exportable format, it would probably take up a reasonable amount of space, since it would just be storing a set of coordinates, and hopefully there would also be an option to convert a view of a shot to a JPEG and save it to an SD card and upload it to TMK.

Run-on sentences are your friends.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2007, 10:57:03 PM »
BWAHAHAHAHA!

This truly shows Nintendo's superiority! 10 Years ago, Sonic was Mario's most powerful rival. Now, we get to see who really wins (mario) because now he's in SSBB!!
And Miyamoto saidth unto him: Use the Hammer of Might, and take down the spike-shelled demon, that IS Bowser. And he did.

Mushroom Kingdom 3:4

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2007, 11:27:31 PM »
No. Just no.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print