Print

Author Topic: Albums you think are perfect  (Read 5708 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 11:52:28 PM »
I was more complaining about the lack of consideration in this thread's posts compared to those in the "perfect games" thread.

You know, I was half-expecting Brian to list at least one album by that 'Jellyfish' band whose lyrics he always used to post.

Anyways, Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited is musically perfect from start to finish as far as I'm concerned. My only alteration might be to move "Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues" up a few spots in the track listing.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 12:40:50 AM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 02:35:10 AM »
My favorite band is Nirvana and Nevermind has most of their best songs.

So...Nirvana: Nevermind. This album has Smells Like Teen Spirit, Come As You Are, Polly AND Lithium.

I'm more of an In Utero fan myself, just for the fact that it's a bit more raw, but Nevermind was (and is!) brilliant, if not for In Bloom which has been my ringtone for the last couple of years.

I don't consider any albums I've listened to as perfect; I have albums I like, but as for musically flawless, none come to mind. I have a few that come close, however, and I'd probably go with Blood Sugar Sex Magik by the Red Hot Chili Peppers as reasonably close to perfection. I prefer Mother's Milk but BSSM isn't one of the best-selling albums of the 90s for nothing. It's just the way you get the hits like Give It Away, Suck My Kiss and Under the Bridge, complemented by the other tracks like Funky Monks, Sir Psycho Sexy and The Power of Equality, that've pretty much served as the bridge between the funky RHCP of the 80s and the modern alt-rock Chillies that helps define the band in my eyes.

The Colour and the Shape by the Foo Fighters deserves a mention as well, for similar reasons; bridging the humble beginnings of Grohl writing absolutely-bloody-everything into the rock mega-gods they are today. That, and I'm fairly sure I've done permanent damage to my lungs trying to scream that part from Monkey Wrench.

Honestly, I'd be listing more bands of the ilk of Queen and The Beatles here, that've become more my taste, and are probably technically far superior to the other two, but truth be told I haven't often sat down and listened to the albums of those sorts of bands in their entirety. Maybe when I get a chance to, I'll revise my choices here.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 12:02:04 PM »
You know, I was half-expecting Brian to list at least one album by that 'Jellyfish' band whose lyrics he always used to post.
Well, all I have is their "Best!" album, and I thought we'd decided those didn't count.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print