Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros.: Pandemonium  (Read 1857 times)

« on: September 18, 2004, 08:32:58 AM »
What do you speculate the new SSB will be like? Of course there will be new characters and stuff, but save that for a different topic. I'm talking game play. If I had control over the next SSB development, I would definetly add

1. Mini-Games, such as sword fights between Marth and Link, where you can only use the C-stick to swipe at your opponent. Another example would be between Mario and Luigi, and you would have to get through an obstacle course in the Mushroom Kingdom to be the first one to save the princess.
2. More advanced Adventure Mode. I'm talking 2 or three different Adventures for EACH character.
3. More human characters. I really like the way that the characters taunt each other in SSX 3. It would be hilarious to have Luigi randomly make that hilarious noise Mario makes (you know, in SM64, when Mario touches the lava?) when he smashes Mario out of the stages.
4. Style upgrades. Yeah, I know it gives you points if you do certain things, but wouldn't it be awesome to power-up your character according to how stylish you play? I really like the "GameBreakers" in Street Vol. 2. I don't know 'bout you, but I think that knockin' someone of the stage, and then chucking a Green Shell at them to K.O them should earn you SOMETHING.

Please add on!

Your mama''s so fat she jumped in the air and got stuck.
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 03:14:55 PM »
Everybody hates my posts.

Just close it, please! I'm too humiliated
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 10:14:53 PM »
Um,ookay...
Pretty good ideas still...

Far,far away is a half-burned potato begging help from the monkeys.

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 03:24:08 PM »
I agree with your fourth idea.  It would add almost a momentum factor to the fight- The better you fight, the higher your stats.

I actually have another idea- a luck factor.  This too would be affected by your momentum-style points.  Simply put:

There is a small possibility that attacks will miss you or your attacks will miss your opponent.  Again, this is affected by your points.

Also, when your luck is high, your attack range increases slightly (especially for, say, Zelda's lightning foot, which needs to be placed precisely for decent damage), and you can (on very rare occasions) even get a piece out of opponents who have otherwise dodged your attack.

However, if your luck is bad, attacks will more likely miss and dodges harder to perform.

Luck is a temporary thing, and will dissipate over time.  Luck is affected by accuracy and strength of your attacks, your style points (as compared to other fighters), and how long you can keep alive before getting KO'ed.

Otherwise, the Adventure per character need not be that specialized (most characters, minus secret characters, already have specific stages in the Adventure mode).

For the Human fighter idea, I have an alternate solution- a complete career mode where you can build your character from the ground up.  There are generic and specialized techniques that can be learned by buying items using skill points.  The character can be human or non-human.  The overworld similar to Mario Golf GBA (with more relevant graphics) would add flavor to the brew, but it would not be necessary.

Before anyone asks, this is my opinion on SSB on the DS- Isn't happening.  The game, no matter how well done, will not work without a joystick.  Then again, I thought the same of SM64x4(DS), but am hearing otherwise.

Too many numbers...
Too many numbers...

Print