Print

Author Topic: Mario better than Luigi?  (Read 8559 times)

« on: June 14, 2000, 09:22:17 PM »
I think that Luigi is a little cooler than that fat slow plumper named Mario, darnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also think that the new mario 64 game should be on the n64 also, or else it can't be called Super Mario 64 2!  

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2000, 11:46:56 PM »
Luigi is better than that fat pain in the butt.

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2000, 10:06:22 AM »
No, he isn't. Luigi is only the brother of the main character which you are forgetting, MARIO! You can't be a fan of Mario if you hate him.
Ori Porath

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2000, 10:35:11 AM »
Luigi was just a pallete swap (I believe that's the term) of Mario ment for controller Number 2. But since then he's evolved into a more complex character (Sorta), and I'd have to say I like them both.

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2000, 05:02:46 PM »
You go, guy! Luigi Rox!

<josh>
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2000, 05:15:57 PM »
Personaly, I think Luigi is better, but I have no problem with Mario, he's cool too.

I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)
I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)(and SM64 )

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2000, 08:23:47 PM »
I personally like Mario better.  Though Luigi jumps higher than Mario, the truth is Mario is a faster runner and he is stronger as well, while Luigi is smarter.  They kind of fill in each other's gaps.

from Opus

What'chu talkin' bout, Dextah?

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2000, 06:43:06 AM »
Luigi is faster.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2000, 08:44:25 PM »
In Super Smash Bros. Mario seems to be the faster runner.  He's certainly a better runner in The Lost Levels. Jeez, Luigi's huge skid got me killed so many times...

Anyway though, Mario's not as clumsy, if you disagree with the running thing. So they fill in each other's gaps, like I said before.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2000, 10:21:46 PM »
Personaly, I like Mario better then Luigi. I like Mario better `cause it's funny to see short little fat men jump!
I like cheese!

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2000, 08:51:31 PM »
About the Mario vs Luigi thing...

The problem when you compare the two is that there aren't that many facts separating them apart. In fact, I only remember SMB2, Lost Levels and Super Smash Bros as games in which Mario and Luigi had different abilities.

Super Mario Bros 2
Mario: Takes stuff more quickly off the ground, runs faster when carrying stuff, his jump is a pretty standard jump, although a bit quick.
Luigi: Takes stuff a bit slowly off the ground, runs slower when carrying stuff, his jump is a high, fluttering, longering jump.

Lost Levels
Mario: Jumps less high, but also skids less.
Luigi: Jumps higher, but skids much more.

Super Smash Bros
Mario: Jumps less high and runs more slowly. His fireball follows the ground.
Luigi: Jumps higher and runs faster, his fireball goes in a straight line. I highly suspect that Nintendo put Luigi better here because of all the people who complained on the net that he was neglected after SM64. (to all Luigi praisers out there: you actually did much to improve Luigi's standing in Nintendo's point of view)

¤Thelo¤

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2000, 11:03:53 PM »
Luigi is cooler because he does not suffer from Mario's weight problem.
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2000, 12:45:07 AM »
Now, I wouldn't call Luigi better than Mario (SSB). Luigi may jump higher and have that nifty "Rage Uppercut" but he's also "wobblier" to control (..I can't explain it) and his running-A attack SUCKS. Also, all of Luigi's attacks (besides the Rage Uppercut and Cyclone) are weaker than Mario's. Oh, and I'm pretty sure Mario's faster.

-TurtleTek
www.extremesc.com/turtletek/beam

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2000, 03:47:45 PM »
Okay I've figured it ALL out.  Mario is, in fact, sronger than Luigi.  The reason his tornado doesn't do as much damage as Luigi's cyclone is because he's not giving it his all (take a look at his face while he's doing the tornado- no strain at all!).  The reason for this is probably because if he WAS giving it his all, he'd probably cause more than 150% damage to his opponent.  More proof of Mario's superior strength- in Super Mario bros. 2 he is able to pull items off the ground more quickly than Luigi.  Mario is also faster than Luigi. In two player mode, on the Great Fox level of SSB, I put Mario and Luigi at the tip of the Great Fox, with Mario in basically the same place as Luigi, with Mario a little ahead.  I started them running at the same time and the gap between Mario and Luigi began to grow and grow.  When I put Luigi in front of Mario, there was no gap at all.  In fact, the only reason Luigi wasn't behind Mario is that it's impossible on SSM for a character to go through another charcter who's moving in the same direction as they are.  Luigi isn't that bad though.  In fact he's rather good.  He can jump higher than Mario can, which makes up for his lack of speed, and he is also smarter, making up for his not being as strong as Mario.  Therefore, the brothers are about equal, but I still like Mario better.

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2000, 11:28:27 AM »
Jeezout. I dont give a crud abut SSB, but in both the others (SMB2J and SMB2) he was a heck ofa lot better. Trust me. I know.

JESUS FREAKTUS

Print