Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario 64 DS Gameplay Movie  (Read 2257 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: November 13, 2004, 12:35:06 PM »
*Spoiler* Duh.

Go to
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/dssupermario4x4/media.html?gcst=mario64ds_ds_1112_m100.asx

Scroll down to the GameSpot Gameplay Movies.  In footage 10 you can see someone on the roof.  Peaches voice is also different from any other game I have heard.  It made me think of a kindergarden teacher.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 01:17:38 PM »
Hmm, some of the graphics looked a bit choppy to me.  But I suppose it's a small price to pay for a handheld N64 ;-).

*spoilers*

It seems as though they've made King Bob-omb have a mustache that actually looks like a mustache.  When I played the original Mario64 I thought he had some kind of deranged grin on his face  ^_^().

Oh, here's another thing I noticed in some of the very early gameplay shots.  They've changed Bowser's character model drastically.  They went from the hunched over saurian look to the newer upright humanoid look, which I think is very unfortunate.  I liked him better when he was less human looking (kind of like how they made him in Smash Bros. Melee).

But yeah, anyway.  The footage looks pretty good.  Thanks for the heads up.

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 08:35:39 PM »
Graphics look awesome, Peach's voice is weird, but what's up with that Mario hat that Yoshi keeps eating to turn into Mario?

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Edited by - TEM on 11/13/2004 6:40:48 PM

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2004, 09:02:43 PM »
*SPOILERS*

Yoshi has to unlock Mario, Luigi, and Wario in order for you to play as them.  Until then, through out all the levels there are red, green, and yellow hats that Yoshi can find that allow him to transform into them.  There are certain stars that cannot be obtained unless he is in a certain character form (ex. You can't race Koopa the Quick unless you're playing as Mario).

But yeah, so there ya go.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 10:57:54 AM »
The person you see on the roof is Yoshi.

THe reason for that, is in the story. Most of us know it, but I'll refresh your memories just in case.

Princess Peach invites Mario over for cake, and wants him to bring some friends, so he brings Wario and Luigi along. Yoshi got there too early for the cake, so he decided to go on the roof and take a nap. He awakens to find that the castle is deserted. Thinking he overslept and missed the cake, he goes to see if he can find everyone.

There you go. Yoshi is on the roof 'cause he wanted to take a nap.

I'm guessing Peach's voice sounds weird, 'cause they're trying to recreate the voice she had in the original SM64. I forgot who did her voice... I think it was Leslie Swan or something... I forgot her name. She was someone at NOA, 'cause originally, Peach didn't speak in the Japanese version.

Nothing but a Conservippie.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 03:55:02 PM »
 Judging by these new videos, I'd say Nintendo went back, revamped the bitmaps and characters, and made it a bit easier. Yes, easier! I remember searching for 100 coins in Jolly Roger Bay, and it took me a while. In the gameplay movie, there was another blue coin button! I wonder if this means it's easier in the other stages as well, specifically Dire, Dire Docks...

Print