Print

Author Topic: No foreign games for foreign players  (Read 4574 times)

« on: December 30, 2006, 08:39:11 AM »
http://gonintendo.com/?p=11066
No SMRPG for Europeans.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 09:51:09 AM »
If they want it badly enough, they can import it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 11:45:01 AM »
And an American SNES, NTSC TV, and power converter. Yeah.
Anyway, while this is probably true, NOE is becoming notorious for making vastly incorrect statements.
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 12:03:28 PM »
Most European televisions bought within the last 5-10 years are capable of displaying NTSC. However, it is ridiculous to expect Europeans to find a SNES to import when it's more than difficult enough to find one in the States as is.

But wow, MaxVance. That's pretty cold for absolutely no reason. The Virtual Console was initially everyone's chance at seeing games that were not released in their territory, not just Europe's. Though this is not really unexpected or new news, it is a shame.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 12:31:02 PM »
I guess I can kiss Fire Emblems 1-5, Mother 1, and Mario & Wario goodbye.

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 01:05:06 PM »
It's not surprising. NOE is notorious for screwing over european gamers and they're even worse on importers.

Hopefully NOA doesn't follow suit.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 01:31:41 PM »
Sucks to be European. Why, I wonder... Nintendo would make more money. I guess they'll have to depend on the old-fashioned illegal emulation.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 03:33:43 PM »
Perhaps Nintendo thinks localization would cost too much for them to make a profit.

But wow, MaxVance. That's pretty cold for absolutely no reason.
I meant that in the sense that importing SMRPG (and the SNES, etc.) would be the only way they could play it. Of course, there is emulation.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 05:29:54 PM »
That's just plain awful. I mean, why should we not get out of country games like Mario and Wario? I really wanted to play that! I spent 249 dollars on a Wii, for now, for nothing.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 07:42:22 PM »
For nothing? Try buying a game for it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 08:11:31 PM »
You do have Wii Sports.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 08:18:30 PM »
...and Zelda, and Rayman, and Super Monkey Ball, and Red Steel, and Excite Truck, and Elebits, and eventually you'll have WarioWare, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 12:52:06 PM »
And tons of other unknown games. And all the other games that are coming out on Virtual Console.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 05:04:55 PM »
Why must they torture European gamers so much?  It's times like this I'm glad I live in America.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 05:21:48 PM »
You know, I've actually wondered if it might be possible to hack ROMs for playability on the Wii.  Has anyone tried sticking their SD cards in their computer yet?  If you could make ROMs from the web work on a Wii, there might be a chance of playing out of region games, and prototypes....
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

Print