Poll

What power up in SMG did you think was the coolest?

Life Mushroom
0 (0%)
Bee Mushroom
0 (0%)
Boo Mushroom
0 (0%)
Ice Flower
4 (30.8%)
Fire Flower
0 (0%)
Spring Mushroom
0 (0%)
Rainbow Star
1 (7.7%)
Red Star
8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy Power Ups (Minor Spoilers)  (Read 6430 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2007, 05:25:08 PM »
Well, now it's doubly retarded.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2007, 09:48:47 PM »
I just figured it was the antithesis of the Fire clothing, which would have been better suited for Ice, of course.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 11:39:18 PM »
The red star.  It reminds me of the Mario in Fleskjerta's Stupid Deaths in Mario 64 series.
That and the effects last longer than fire or ice
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 04:59:22 AM »
I haven't seen this "Red Star" yet, but I have to say that the Ice Flower has the greatest pick-up fanfare of any item in videogame history.

Getting an Ice Flower makes you feel like the King Pimp, king of all pimpdom.

Fire Flower is similar, but the notes are somewhat less pleasing.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 08:19:09 AM »
The Spring Mushroom was the worst.  It took away some control and replaced it with what seemed like random bouncing.  Not my idea of fun. 

It would have been cool if they'd made a Mega Mushroom.  I think it would have been fun to run around as Mega Mario and destroy everything in a 3D world. 

My favorite power up is still the Red Star, but the Ice Flower come a close second. I just wish it'd have lasted longer and had more wide open spaces to run through. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 08:53:22 AM »
The only reason I don't like the rainbow star is because I've misinterpreted a jump at least twice in that state and died. >_<  (I just want to use a normal jump to cross a gap, but then he does that somersault jump, and argh!)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print