Print

Author Topic: Mario&Sonic  (Read 3657 times)

« on: May 28, 2005, 12:32:01 PM »
Everybody has known all about their rivalry in the past but who thinks they should be friends instead of enemies? I posted this because I just saw Mario vs. Sonic at VGDC.

I like strawberry milk

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 01:02:02 PM »
 To be sadly honest with you, I prefer them enemies.

I''m back!
   (the other luigifan)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 02:01:18 PM »
I like them both, but not together.  Sonic is the teenage hedgehog with an attitude and speed that can't be beat.  Mario is the Italian plumber with a bizarre jumping ability and fireball-shooting...ness.  It would be too weird for them to be together.

Pure being is getting hit in the face by a kickball.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 04:33:56 PM »
Personally, I think they should make a Kingdom Hearts-like game, with the entire Nintendo universe combining with the Sega universe. I don't know, maybe have Mario and Sonic as rivals?

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 05:24:37 PM »
Maybe having Sonic as an unlockable character in the next SSB. Like Link in Sould Caliber2. Now that Sega is a 3rd party, it can happend.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 06:14:25 PM »
I was gonna write a fanfic where Bowser opened a dimensional rift into the Sonic universe (or Robotnik opened a rift to the Marioverse, either way) and Bowser and Robotnik joined forces so Mario and Sonic had to team up and stop them.  I was going to use Robotnik's intrusion into the Marioverse as an explanation for the sudden appearence of  technology.  ^_^

In short, I'd like to see them allies at some point.  Although, not permanently or anything.

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."
-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 06:40:54 PM »
Oh yeah, were you the one who put up a sample of your story where Mario was about to jump on a Goomba and then landed on Sonic?  That was really funny.

I too hope that someday Nintendo and Sega create a game where Mario and Sonic guys enter battle, but it just seems like most of the people on Sonic's side have an advantage.  Unless Mario has access to a lot of items.

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2005, 08:38:38 PM »
br0kebusta: I don't see that happening, since the characters in Smash Bros. are 1st party.

Ever notice how the name "Playstation" sounds more kiddy than "Gamecube" or "Nintendo 64"?

Edited by - smfan1085 on 5/28/2005 7:39:11 PM
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 06:35:20 AM »
Sonic and Mario are great together in fanfiction and fanart.
I think they might oughta stick to their respective games though.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2005, 03:53:56 PM »
That's why It would be a cool surprise. Why did you think I compared it with Sould Caliber 2, Link is Nintendo property, not Namco's

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 12:03:28 PM »
I feel the same. I really don't think Mario and Sonic could be in the same game. Fanfics and fanart are different stories.

Random Anime Quote:
" If you keep punching holes in the definition of death, you''re going to be dissected for real one of these days!"--Excel Excel. Excel Saga episode 12.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »
I still remember this image (well, the one I remembered didn't have a question mark on it and it was on IGN):
http://www.kasuto.net/image/archives/news7.jpg

When I first heard that Sega was going out of the console race to develop for all consoles, I thought back to how I loved Ecco the Dolphin (a Sega franchise) and Tails from "Sonic the Hedgehog 2". So I decided that since Sonic games would now appear on Nintendo consoles, I might as well drop the grudge since the two are no longer fighting and experience what I missed out on.

Man am I glad I did. Sonic Mega Collection has quickly jumped up to be one of my favorite GameCube games of all time (until Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and F-Zero GX came along).

I can't say I'd like to see Mario and Sonic together because, while it would be interesting, I can't imagine them cooperating. Sonic loses patience in two seconds, so he'd never stick with someone slow, and Mario would rather be at home doing plumbing stuff.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 03:03:42 PM »
I would have never imagined Samus and Mario together. I would have never imagined Pikachu and Link together. I would have never imagined Ness and Fox together. And it made one of the best game ever!

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2005, 08:24:11 PM »
Sonic and Mario are good, but not together.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print