Print

Author Topic: The Toon Discussion Thread  (Read 78012 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2006, 04:06:37 PM »
Try looking at your local Wal-mart.  I found them there after I had no success finding them at Best Buy.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2006, 03:03:12 PM »
Borders.
That was a joke.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2006, 03:18:03 PM »
Back on topic. Weeklings is the 2nd best cartoon ever!
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2006, 04:25:05 PM »
Never heard of it.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2006, 05:27:24 PM »
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 05:29:39 PM by coolkid »

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2006, 08:29:14 PM »
You don't tell me what to do.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2006, 11:09:52 AM »
Samurai Jack, now there is a great show.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2006, 11:12:42 AM »
Thanks for reminding me. I nearly forgot about it.

« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2006, 11:33:13 AM »
Samurai Jack! Who could forget that show? It was a true triumph for cartoon network IMO. I liked the serious tone and a continuous story line. I wonder why CN cancelled the show?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2006, 03:27:30 PM »
Read post #107.

« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2006, 07:26:14 PM »
Well, this thread certainly got off on the wrong foot.

To clear things up, I don't hate The Simpsons. I hate what it has become. I also hate the cheap shots the crew takes at Family Guy since they claim FG is a rip-off of the Simpsons. Wow, both of the dads are complete idiots? Both are about a family? What else can we find good sirs?

It's just jokes. In real life, however, the creators of both shows are really friendly to each other. Groening even said MacFarlane is a great guy that does great work.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2006, 02:51:22 PM »
Samurai Jack, now there is a great show.
Oh, my god!  How could I have nearly forgotten that?  That show was really awesome!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2006, 11:22:34 AM »
Spongebob:
NO. NO NO NO. I'll say nothing more.

You're a good person. :')

ANyways, now for my cartoon opinions. One of my favorite cartoon series of all time has to be "The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh". It's kid friendly and funny. Two things I like in a cartoon. Plus, the running gag of people falling down Gopher's holes just cracks me up. XD Another cartoon I liked when I was a kid was Muppet Babies, but I think I only saw like one episode of it(Baby Gonzo and Baby Piggy get sent to the future via a BLUE HOLE that Baby Gonzo created, not to be confused with a black hole.) I wanna find a DVD of Muppet Babies sooo bad. T_T

New cartoons I like include Winx Club(a cartoon about girls who go to a fairy school and learn magic), Viva Pinata(a new cartoon about talking pinatas[dur]) and Magical DoReMi(a cartoon about three 8-year-old witches-in-training). I absolutely CANNOT stand SpongeBob SquarePants or Bratz(A cartoon based off of a line of dolls?!! That's a worse idea then YuGiOh!)

And, of course, everyone knows that I like Homest*curtains close* Hey, I wasn't finished!
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2006, 02:14:01 PM »
You just brought out my fond memories of watching Pooh and Muppet Babies as a youngun. I love those shows. It stinks that girls can get away with watching that stuff without ruining their reputation. If I were caught watching shows like that nowadays, I'd be laughed out of the room

« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2006, 03:12:02 PM »
I wouldn't laugh you out of the room. :)
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Print