Print

Author Topic: The Toon Discussion Thread  (Read 78001 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2006, 03:45:32 PM »
I knew that!  But the feelings between them weren't implied till AFTER his body exploded.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2006, 04:41:08 PM »
Maybe she had feelings for him because he needed sympothy? Oh,and Evil had it's own show called Evil Con Carne that aired from 2003 to 2005.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 04:43:19 PM by coolkid »
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2006, 07:51:58 PM »
The show ended in an episode of GAoB&M where Skarr moves in next door to Billy.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2006, 06:37:12 AM »
I think the reason for her feelings for Hector may have been something more.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2006, 09:48:53 PM »
Jimmy Neutron is very creative, and not over-rated. However, as most cartoons, the newer episodes suck. And that really sucks.

I beg to differ. The earlier episodes of Jimmy Neutron made me REALLY bored, but it improved by Season 3. The Season 3 episodes were better in the sense that they focused more on Jimmy and his friends' adventures, but they made it even better by adding Cindy and Libby to the mix, which also helped to make it funnier, IMO. I was always kind of bored with the whole Jimmy, Carl, Sheen group. Also, the newer episodes gave us some great Jimmy/Cindy hints, especially in the unaired Lady Sings The News ep.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2006, 03:53:20 PM »
Why was it unaired?

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2006, 04:58:55 PM »
It might be adult content except they forgot it was a kid show so they must have acsidently put adult content.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2006, 06:52:32 PM »
How the heck could you "accidently" put adult content in a kid's show? They do that all the time and it's usually able to get by (but in the case of Nick, the show gets cancelled after 1-2 seasons).

« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2006, 06:56:30 PM »
No adult content in this. It's a friggin' kids show...

But, this was just Nick being stupid. It aired in the UK, just that Nick just wanted both Jimmy Neutron and Fairly Odd Parents to end on the same day, even those both have at least one unaired episodes that aired in the UK. Why did'nt Nick promote the series finale of both shows even more by showing the unaired eps? Nick seriously treats some of their best shows like crap, except for Spongbob of cource. :\

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2006, 06:59:55 PM »
The problem with Spongebob is the fact that they had an ass-load of episodes already made but they saved them for after the movie came out.

« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2006, 07:31:40 PM »
It's possible it just took Stephen a long time to get back on the show after basically concluding the series. He has chosen to make new eps set before the movie, because that's Spongbob. I can't imagine how boring it would be to see him running a restaurant. The movie ended the series basically, but the episodes of the TV show should stay the same.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2006, 02:31:41 PM »
How'd it end the series? (I didn't see it. Shame on me.)

« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2006, 03:03:25 PM »
By showing Plankton putting his final plan into play, and the introduction of the Krusty Krab 2, which Spongebob ends up being a manager of at the end of the movie. It's even been confirmed by Stephen.

« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2006, 03:24:55 AM »
Well, Avatar: Secret of the Fire Nation just aired over here (actually it's been like 5 hours already) and I felt like giving my thoughts on it here.

Let me start by saying the title is really misleading. All they had was a gigantic drill to penetrate the walls of Ba Sing Se. Not much of a secret there. I was expecting more of Iroh's past or something related to the attack from the past.

The Serpeants Pass
+ Suki and Jet returned, even if for a short while.
+ Toph had her moments, especially a kiss she accidently gave to Suki after she rescued her.
+ I REALLY wasn't expecting a birth scene near the end of the episode. They didn't show anything explicit but still...
+ Aang unable to convince the passport lady to get on the ferry + the fake avatars + Toph basically given the tickets = Best scene ever.
+ Aang's Gang attacked by... Rayquaza!
- Emo Aang. It only lasted for this episode but still, he was really annoying.
- Toph/Sokka hints. I don't dig this shipping, and I doubt I ever will. Toph is too cool of a character to just suddenly start falling in love.
- Not enough Zuko.
- No appearance by Ozai's Angels, but they make up for it in the second part.

The Drill
+ Ozai's angels, but most importantly...
+ Ty Lee!!!
+ The fight scenes were really well done in this episode, especially Aang and Azula.
+ Aang giving homage to Fantastic Four by turning his hand into rock, resembling the fist of Ben Grimm.
+ Sokka is a huge pimp apparantly. Suki, Princess Sue, Toph and Ty Lee. What a terrible choice this guy will ultimatly have to make in the end.
+ Jet finds out Zuko and Iroh are Firebenders. Oooh, friction...
+ Surprisingly, the cliche/ignorant dumb general was highly amusing in this episode, despite being annoying on all other episodes. Maybe it's just because this episode was made of ten kinds of awesomeness.
+ Toph proved her valuableness again by sneaking them into the drill, while the L33T Earthbenders got pwned by a dancing circus girl  (;D) and a bored man-chick (:-\).
- Mai did absolutely nothing in the episode besides beat up a few soldiers.
- Again, the drill was not much of a secret and thus, a letdown.
- Not enough Ty Lee

Overall, it was great with only a few flaws. Also, I'm glad to hear it'll start airing weekdays starting Monday though it won't really matter to me since I'll be getting the Book 1 set by then.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #209 on: September 17, 2006, 09:12:43 AM »
Avatar is so lame, in fact, I'm glad they tore down the Nicleodeon Studios, so now Nick will maybe go out of buisness! HA HA HA!
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

Print