Print

Author Topic: Most ANNOYING Moments in Mario Kart Games  (Read 34355 times)

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2006, 10:13:28 PM »
Hmm.. Well, I can't really think of anything that's annoying in the first 3 Mario Karts, so I'll just use my rant on the other two..

1. When you're struck by lightning, a blue shell, a bomb, or fall off the edge of the track, you lose the item you had in reserve. That's annoying.

2. When the CP's don't use items on other CP's, but instead wait and use them on you, usually at bad moments (ie: just seconds before going of the Zippers for that big jump..)

3. When you're hit by a red shell, a blue shell, another red shell, lightning, and a green shell and are completely stopped just inches from the line while Petey Pirahna and his partner take first place from you when you've had it most of the race.

4. In MKDS, when you hit anything on the track (ie: pinballs, snowmen, crabs) you lose the item you had in reserve (I think.. it's acutally been awhile since I've played)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2006, 01:38:16 PM »
I agree with you Toad, on 2 and 4. In MKDS, when you are in any Battle Mode game, everytime you get near a CP, it just shoots out stuff like crazy. Once you are away , they stop. That's annoying and wierd.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2006, 06:49:09 PM »
Aww man, now I have a new annoyance. Red Shells.

Online, red shells are harder to dodge since they home in on you. (If they pass you, they stop and come back for you.) Items usually don't work online that much against Red Shells.

Heck, I think Red Shells are more annoying than Blue Shells!

Blue Shells are actually easier to dodge!

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2006, 08:49:41 PM »
I hate during online play when I'm far behind and I get absolutely nothing out of the Item Boxes but Mushrooms. I want to say that I feel they're useless at that point, but I if do someone will come in and say "If you think that then you suck at MKDS" *cough*Megabyte*cough*.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 08:51:32 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2006, 04:44:34 PM »
What I really hate in mario kart is when your in the lead and a CPU comes up out of no were and hits you with redshells witch almost stops you to a complete halt. Also the blue shells too.  
Combine all nintendo systems!

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2006, 07:46:21 AM »
Items usually don't work online that much against Red Shells.
Funny thying is, in a lot of Red Shell situations, online and off, I've been able to block them with items while they're behind by simply dropping an item backwards. Works a lot for me.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2006, 06:17:04 PM »
Funny thying is, in a lot of Red Shell situations, online and off, I've been able to block them with items while they're behind by simply dropping an item backwards. Works a lot for me.

There's a delay when I drop items so I'm not sure when to exactly drop it.

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2006, 12:33:01 PM »
MK:DD when ever I aim an item behind me, I always loosen my grip on the A button.

That, and Special Cup in 150cc in the same game. The first courses are pretty easy, but Bowser's Castle is pretty hard with all the turns and lava. Rainbow Road is alright, but I keep falling off the edge.

That and my sister always whines whenever I restart the thing cause she wants to watch TV.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2006, 12:19:00 AM »
Interesting that you would find Bowser's Castle pretty hard-- In 150cc, it's the only course I can get a great distance away from the computers. In 50cc, I nearly lap people.

It's all relative, though, when you consider timing and ability to power slide strategically.

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2006, 05:41:06 AM »
What I always hate is when your about to win, the last one gives the thunder thingy and another one sends a blue shield to say hello. So your bleeding on the ground and newbs run all over you and... AAARGH

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2006, 10:17:25 AM »
I thought blue shields were meant to protect, not desttroy, haha, Toad is bleeding on the floor!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2006, 05:46:31 PM »
1. Falling into a pit, lake, etc. (Especially if another kart pushes me down into one)

2. Red Shells

Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2006, 12:43:41 PM »
The tantalizing jerks on Wi-Fi who purposely wait next to the finish line and get 1st place right in front of you.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 12:47:29 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2006, 05:01:35 PM »
I have been playing for awhile on MKDS. I get ***'s every time I play GP mode. I win almost every time I'm on Wi-Fi.

Heres something REALLY funny.

One time I was tottally destroying my opponent, so he gave up, but he didn't quit. so I lapped him, but I didn't finish the race instead I tried hopping up and down, attempting to communicate with him. For 5 minutes we hopped around the course having a wonderful time, then he quit.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2006, 06:59:25 PM »
As a veteran player of Mario Kart, I understand a thread like this.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print