Print

Author Topic: Fallen Legend  (Read 3508 times)

« on: July 11, 2006, 05:23:09 PM »
Syd Barrett was pronounced dead today, here is an article http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5169344.stm

As you may know, Syd Barrett was seen as a hero, not only by me, but by many sorts.  The only way I can repay him for the inspiraration he gave me is to tell people about him, and eventually some other things also.  I hope you see him through the same eyes I have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syd_Barrett
I only watch [adult swim]

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 08:31:16 PM »
Piper at the Gates of Dawn: what an amazing album.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Luigison

• Old Person™
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 12:41:55 PM »
Words can't describe how much of a unique diamond he was, I only wish he would've lasted longer...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 03:29:21 PM »
He was already dead to the world by this point. What more could he have done, had he "lasted" longer?
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 05:16:14 PM »
Maybe it would have been a pleasure to finally meet one of the biggest inspirations of my life after I got out of highschool, you really know how to spoil moments don't you?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 02:52:36 PM »
The chances of you meeting syd Barrett are about the same as me getting struck by lightinng.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 04:48:20 PM »
Well, I do know that, and probably shouldn't of said it.  But it would definatly would have been cool to stand outside the house he was living in, or go to his home town of Cambridge while he was still alive.

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 06:37:29 PM »
I have absolutly no knoledge of Rock musicians, or any musicians of any "real" music. This is because:

1. They distust me (overuse of drugs, no higher education, ect.).
2. I was raised to enjoy Classical music.
3. Rock music does not sound like real music.

In my opinion, 1812 Overture is better than any song composed by Rock musicians.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 09:07:21 PM »
Real music? Classical music isn't "real"?
Rock music and "classical" music are equally valid forms of musical expression. What matters is who is creating the music. No type of music is going to be 100% good.
If you are "distusted" by rock musicians, I advise you to consider that many classical composers were of about the same background as the type of rock musician you reference, e.g. many of them took drugs and drank, and on top of that, many rock musicians have college degrees. Four of the five members of Radiohead, for instance.
I really detest such broad generalizations such as the ones made by cantthinkofaname.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 09:11:10 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 10:37:51 PM »
Pink Floyd had good music, if I recall correctly.  It's a shame that he died, I hope it didn't hurt.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 03:47:35 PM »
Pink Floyd did rock.

Edit:Yeah I misread and I don't know too much about pink floyd. Don't rub it in.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 11:58:52 AM by solidmushroom »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 11:46:34 AM »
I seriously hope you are joking.
That was a joke.

Print