Print

Author Topic: Mariokart  (Read 6059 times)

« on: December 16, 2000, 10:28:51 AM »
Which do you think is better, "Super Mariokart" or "Super Mariokart 64?"  I think they're both great, but, whereas the 64 version has great graphics, the Super Nintendo version has the best courses (they should never have fenced in Rainbow Road).

My other question: What are you hoping for in the next racing game ("Super Mariokart Advance")?

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2000, 10:35:15 AM »
It depends on your opinion. Some people think that the original is better because it has more gameplay and better courses. Some think the 64 version is better because it's...well, 3-D. In my opinion, I think the 64 version is better. I just have more fun playing that than the original.

As for the other question, I hope that Nintendo will add more battle courses. There's only 4 in the original and the 64 version.

Ironfoot (a.k.a. Zero)
Moderator at Nintentrix.com

Webmaster of Wario Castle (Coming soon)

Edited by - Ironfoot on 12/16/00 8:38:57 AM
Did you meet my Siberian Monkey?

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2000, 03:20:53 PM »
I look at it like this, Super Mario Kart has the better single-player, and Mario Kart 64 has the better multiplayer.

But I do have one big problem with Super Mario Kart. . . no Wario.

As for Mario Kart Advance, I want more everything!  More levels, characters, weapons, modes, etc., etc. I've always loved the Mario Kart games, and I'm hoping Mario Kart Advance is the best yet.  It'd be great if Nintendo took SMK's best aspects and MK64's best aspects and put them into one game. . .

As long as Waluigi isn't in it, I'll probably like it :)
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2000, 11:23:22 PM »
I like MK 64 better. Probably because I don't get much time to play the other one. I like the graphics in MK64 better. The courses are a lot niftier, and the characters scream when you hit them with red shells. I like that! Anyway, I hope that Mario Kart Advanced will be the top over all other racing games.

:)
I like cheese!

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2000, 05:27:53 AM »
I prefer Super Mario Kart, purely on the fact that the battle arenas were so much simpler, and so much more fun.

I downright hated the way in which the AI in MK64 was cheap and cheated to catch up to you no matter what. That irritated me somewhat. It seems intelligent AI has been scrapped by Nintendo for cheating AI. The same can be said for Pokémon Stadium ~_~;
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2000, 04:16:39 PM »
Oh, so now Mr. "Newer is Better" is promoting the classics?!?

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2000, 04:54:43 PM »
Yes the battles courses in the old one were more simple, but, I like the MK64 battles as well. My favorite one is Skyscraper. I love the city lights and really tall buildings. That's basically why it's my favorite. Which battle course is your favorite? This question is for every user out there. Wether it's the course on the old one, or on 64. I think it would be interesting to see how many people like the same thing or not.

I like cheese!

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2000, 05:11:21 PM »
My favorite battle course, hands down, has got to be the Skyscraper in Mario Kart 64.  Total chaos :)
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2000, 11:04:24 AM »
Oh yeah!!! You rock, billy chilly!! Skyscraper all the way.

I like cheese!

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2000, 01:49:43 PM »
The original battle mode was much more fast pace than that in MK64, but the 64 version has a much better racing part.

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2000, 06:51:31 AM »
Mega 2, Billy Chilly doesn't promote the new games... he promotes GOOD games, regardless of age... which is a major step closer to being open-minded than you are, may I add.
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2000, 04:08:32 PM »
I was talking about you, smart guy.

And I said both the "Mariokarts" are good, I just tend to lean toward the original because it seems to have more creative courses.

I'm a Fortean gamer.  I rate games on their quality, not their age or popularity.

Mega 2

Mega 2

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2000, 01:22:30 PM »
I like Super mario kart; you can change the size of your kart and the power slide

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2000, 02:13:04 AM »
Here's some of what I'd like to see in the upcoming enstallment of MarioKart:

Cast of Characters:
-Mario
-Luigi
-The Great Wario
-Peach
-Daisy
-Yoshi
-Kamek
-Koopa T. Quick (aka Koopa Troopa)
-Toad
-Donkey Kong
-Donkey Kong Jr.
-Bowser
-All 7 Koopa Kids on one kart :)
-a Goomba

New Race Courses

-Course based on the first level of the classic Donkey Kong arcade game: complete with burning oil drums and rolling barrels

-Koopa Kid's airships:  7 airships, all connected by rickety boards w/ no railing :)

-Wario's Castle:  Captain Syrup flies around on one of her flying contraptions, dropping bombs on the track

Oh yeah, there also needs to be a taunt button!
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2000, 02:14:02 AM »
Here's some of what I'd like to see in the upcoming enstallment of MarioKart:

Cast of Characters:
-Mario
-Luigi
-The Great Wario
-Peach
-Daisy
-Yoshi
-Kamek
-Koopa T. Quick (aka Koopa Troopa)
-Toad
-Donkey Kong
-Donkey Kong Jr.
-Bowser
-All 7 Koopa Kids on one kart :)
-a Goomba

New Race Courses

-Course based on the first level of the classic Donkey Kong arcade game: complete with burning oil drums and rolling barrels

-Koopa Kid's airships:  7 airships, all connected by rickety boards w/ no railing :)

-Wario's Castle:  Captain Syrup flies around on one of her flying contraptions, dropping bombs on the track

Oh yeah, there also needs to be a taunt button!
Haters gonna hate

Print