Copy Flowers
2 (15.4%)
Pocket Chomps
3 (23.1%)
Mix Flowers
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Print

Author Topic: Mario & Luigi: PiT - which Bros. Items do you use most on bosses?  (Read 8315 times)

« on: February 16, 2009, 04:34:55 PM »
For me, Mix Flowers don't do it; although they can cause some massive damage, there is a limit to how fast you can physically respond. Trampolines and Copy Flowers never interested me much for bosses, anyway. With Pocket Chomps, however, it is quite easy to tell Mario and Luigi apart and respond accordingly, even after dozens of hits. I've killed every boss from the Shrooboid Brat onward in less than 3 turns with Pocket Chomps, causing over 2000 damage (with one item!) to the Elder Princess Shroob.

How about you guys?
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 08:11:34 PM »
I use shells because I've had a lot of experiance with them and they can do massive damage, especially the red shell.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 08:16:29 PM »
I do like the shells, but my favorite has to be the Mix Flowers (which I voted for).

I forget exactly when they appear in the game, but many a boss takes just a few turns with a couple of these babies. Oh, and Copy Flowers are great too, as long as there is just one target on the field that you want to do massive damage to (Princess Shroob, for example)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 08:26:14 PM »
I forget exactly when they appear in the game, but many a boss takes just a few turns with a couple of these babies. Oh, and Copy Flowers are great too, as long as there is just one target on the field that you want to do massive damage to (Princess Shroob, for example)

How is that a spoiler? I'll put this in spoiler text just in case. It's shown early in the game that Princess Shroob is the leader of the the Shroobs. It's a HUGE spoiler that she has a sister though.

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 08:33:56 PM »
I marked it incase nobody knew that I was referring to the younger sister.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 08:38:58 PM »
I marked it incase nobody knew that I was referring to the younger sister.

Don't you mean Older Sister?

On topic:I said shells; one of the reasons is because they're common but with the Ulti-Free Badge any item is great.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 09:58:37 AM »
Once I get Mix Flowers, I use them on bosses all the time because they are very powerful. At a high enough level, they always deal 999 damage (the max you can hit on an enemy), and that makes boss battles seem like a breeze.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 01:37:09 PM »
At a high enough level, Mix Flowers always deal 999 damage...

But at the same level, if you're good with Pocket Chomps, you can do well over 999 damage, as it does multiple hits.

I sort of liked it better in M&L: SS when you could do over 10,000 damage with Swing Bros. at 999 POW and Red Peppers.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 04:25:39 PM »
I typically use Mix Flowers if there are many enemies/targets, and Copy Flowers if there's only one.

Pocket Chomps as well as Trampolines are my least favorite. I rarely, if ever, use them.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 04:29:43 PM »
Wow! N64 Chick posted! How've you been??

I usually sell the Eggs, Chomps, Trampolines and Cannons. That way I always have a steady amt of money going on.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 04:59:50 PM »
I sort of liked it better in M&L: SS when you could do over 10,000 damage with Swing Bros. at 999 POW and Red Peppers.

Yeah, me too.

But at the same level, if you're good with Pocket Chomps, you can do well over 999 damage, as it does multiple hits.

Well, it would take a little longer for Pocket Chomps to hit 999 damage than it will for Mix Flowers, unless you're around levels 70-100, but overall Pocket Chomps do inflict more damage.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 07:16:08 PM »
Wow! N64 Chick posted! How've you been??

A little rough, but I'm taking a bit of a vacation from home at the moment.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 05:46:46 PM »
Well, glad to see you back anyway! Sorry to hear things are still rough.

Back to the game: I started a new file, and am already up to the Shrooboid Brat fight. I don't recall what items were good against it. I have Green shells and Fire/Ice Flowers. I'm not very good with the other items..

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 09:19:42 PM »
I use Ice flowers because of their mad stat-lowering-ness. After that I usually go with shells, but I think I use the flowers a bit more.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 09:22:54 PM »
I typically use Mix Flowers if there are many enemies/targets, and Copy Flowers if there's only one.

Copy Flowers attack one enemy at a time though.

I've been thinking about this:

What's better if you're fighting multiple enemies and you want to focus on on one? A Cannon Ball or Trampaline?

Print