Print

Author Topic: An error(s?) missed in the "Errata" page on TMK...  (Read 5262 times)

« on: March 29, 2009, 12:16:50 PM »
In the M&L: PiT guide, on page 20, the pictures indicating the "Baby Drill" and "Spin Jump" moves were switched.

Also, I'm not sure if NP guides count as errors, but in the NP NSMB guide on page 92, the picture for the "Return of the Phantom Hands" point about the World 7 Ghost House actually depicts a part of the World 7 Tower. This picture appears again in the correct location on page 95.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 05:16:22 PM »
NP anything can't count as anything but an error.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 12:15:41 AM »
We don't track NP guide errors. Maybe in the future...

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 02:56:07 AM »
NP anything can't count as anything but an error.

Hi I'm Shadow Brain and I am extremely negative towards anything. Please, don't have a positive attitude around me, or we might stick together.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 07:30:38 AM »
Well... in Super Paper Mario, Watt's catch card refers to the character as a "he" when PM established Watt as a "she."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 08:20:33 AM »
PM itself wavered a lot on the issue, actually. So much so that it makes me wonder if the unused entry for Goombaria in Mario's ally list was just Goombario on a day when they thought he was a girl.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 08:57:41 AM »
Hmm! This is getting interesting. Who wants to find all the references to Watt's gender in PM? This game script transcription might help.

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 11:01:47 AM »
I wasn't aware Watt was referenced as anything but a female in PM, and thought that catch card entry was odd, as well. Also, that transcript didn't say anything about Watt's gender, as far as I could see.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »
It's because the text referring to Watt as female is missing (when she joins your party a picture appears and explains her abilities. This transcript does refer to her gender in its place only as [SHE JOINS YOUR PARTY]).

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 01:17:04 PM »
So here is where she joins your party. And then they say "he" for the Super Block upgrades or something.

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 01:56:53 PM »
Perhaps just an error when localization localized the game?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 05:03:37 PM »
All I remember is one reference to Watt as male in Paper Mario.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 05:34:20 PM »
Yeah, that's right. Watt was referenced as a she in the party member description...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 12:12:47 AM »
Doesn't the post office get a letter from her mother at one point?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 07:14:16 PM »
I'd figure, since Super Paper Mario is the newer game, it's apt to have the "correct" interpretation of Watt's gender. In any case, move over, Birdo.

the unused entry for Goombaria in Mario's ally list
What now?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print