Print

Author Topic: What is the story behind 'marioguy' ?  (Read 4120 times)

« on: December 04, 2004, 10:33:02 AM »
he seems to have been banned before I got here. What was his problem?

____
In Ethiopia, people die from being to thin, in my country, people die from being to fat!
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 12:52:28 PM »
Although I was absent from the forums during the time he was here (I registered here before anyone has heard of him, though. I was very busy at the time so I couldn't go to the ff), I seem to know a good deal about him.

He was probably one of the youngest members here, but he had the mouth of a....bad person. He kept making these "Motion to Ban" threads, asking to ban a certain member for the most nonsensical reasons. And when people kept telling him to stop, he just swore at them and said stupid things. After being banned, he came back as Sadib, and said he'd be good. Most people actually believed him and gave him another chance.

Anyway, after making about 20 more names, he was continually banned, along with another member named "jon".

But, I could be wrong about some of these things, I wasn't even at this forum at that time.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »
Don't listen to this joker. :P  Marioguy never existed.  Neither did Jon.  I don't know where you heard those names, but they sure don't fit into anything here.

Enjoy life.  There''s plenty of time to be dead.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 02:04:10 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 11:47:22 PM »
That link brought back a lot of memories... Most of which I almost wanted to forget. Almost.

Yes, basically, marioguy was an immature (11 years old, if I remember right) person who liked to belittle everyone for needless reasons. He then shattered our trust by promising to be good and reneging on this promise. And he got banned and made about a dozen other names. So... ya, that's what happened, in a nutshell.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 07:00:12 PM »
What an idiot... Well I guess that answered my question.

____
In Ethiopia, people die from being to thin, in my country, people die from being to fat!
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 07:18:34 PM »
This reminds me of my time in the FF. It was a really interesting time.

If I remember correctly I joined sometime in the begining of 2004. I slowly made steps to beome generally accepted. I made severaly friends (Red, Vid, Meow, NE89). Then I got really into it. There were so many changes in this forum, its amazing how people come and go, then you never hear from them again.

I am posting this because this just made me think going back to my n00b days, and times before. This was a different place than it is now. It's kinda fun just to look back at all of the memories that we can.

I don't know, this place has meant a lot to me in the past few years, especially last year.

This topic made me think. Look what we have, friendship around the clock, people to talk to daily that we don't really know. It all boils down to, for me, How long will TMK be around? I'm not saying Deezer will quit, but what happens? Will we still associate, or will we go our seperate ways? I've often thought about that and ponedered the results.

We should be thankful for everything that we do have here, and not to waste it like some of us did.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 08:31:31 PM »
Holy Wowie!  That was a great post, Koopaslaya!

Even though sadib100 did bad things, it isn't exactly his fault for making all those names, like he just decided too without reason.  It was because he was banned repeatedly.
All I remember about those days were how I wasn't as openly bothered and people thought I was taking his side, or else people said "Everyone hates you, sadib100" which included me, when I didn't hate him either.  I'm a loner when it comes to these things.  That and Laser Tag when people form teams.  I also remember how I didn't exactly like Sapph during that time.  She just couldn't understand my posts.
But that was a long time ago.  I like Sapph and everyone.  And I was a stupid thirteen-year-old.  Not anymore, now I'm a stupid fourteen-year-old.

Enjoy life.  There''s plenty of time to be dead.

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 11:05:04 PM »
Holy Wowie! That was a great post, Markio!

I've been to a lot of places on the internet, but TMK is the only place that I've found people who I'd actually want to meet in real life.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 12:30:43 AM »
Like me? ^_^
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2004, 03:04:39 PM »
Well, almost all of the people I met at TMK, I would like to meet some-day.  But, just looking at KS's post makes me depressed.  I dont want ANY of the people I met et TMK to leave.  I actually feel as though TMK FF is my home.

I AM THE MAN WITH THE SILLY MUSTACHE!!!
I only watch [adult swim]

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2004, 04:47:18 PM »
I'm naught but a corpse in this place, but . . . I must raise a bony hand to agree with Lizard Dude.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2004, 04:51:39 PM »
Holy Wowie, is that Watoad?!Even better, are you agreeing about my post?  Probably not.  Oh well.  If you are reading this, Good Job!

Edited by - Markio on 12/6/2004 2:52:33 PM

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2004, 05:31:31 PM »
Indeed! I'm still recovering from that punch in the face of nostalgia.

Ah good times... makes me almost wanna start posting on a regular basis once more.

Nothing but a Conservippie.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2004, 06:14:44 PM »
Holy wowie, Watoad! Moewrik!? wow.

Ha ha ha well thanks for the kind words, funny how a topic can change eh? I can actually be considered for an award this time, People know me now hooray!!!!

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Print