Print

Author Topic: Mario in another T game?  (Read 14482 times)

« on: June 13, 2005, 07:08:16 PM »
We all know that SSBM was Mario's T rated spinoff. Do you think Mario shold be in more T games so people who thought Mario was kiddy would start playing Mario? I personally think that he should stay in E games and keep all the colorful happiness we all love.

We will never give up our love of Nintendo!

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 07:12:04 PM »
I guess a Mario T game would be okay.

"Rockin Robots, Dr. Light!"~Megaman

Edited by - PaperLuigi on 7/14/2005 1:41:03 PM
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 07:47:27 PM »
Does it really matter if the game is rated T?  If its a good game, the rating doesn't matter.  Sorry if I'm going on about nothing, but too many people are putting too much of an emphasis on the rating of a game.  I love my 007 games, and they aren't E.

You say you want a {Nintendo}revolution, well, you know, we all want to change the world
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 07:51:18 PM »
I know that a rating doesn't make a game but
those PS2 and XBOX freaks that reject Nintendo all like their M-rated games.

Mario the plumber,
Mario the doctor,
Mario the Hero,
Mario the Party Animal,
Mario the everything!!!!!  

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 08:07:34 PM »
Rating does matter a great deal. M-rated games and many, but not all, T-rated games have objectionable material that no one, no matter how old he is, should be viewing. In these cases it's a matter of morality, and morality does indeed matter.

Ever notice how the name "Playstation" sounds more kiddy than "Gamecube" or "Nintendo 64"?
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 08:14:52 PM »
SSBM wasn't a Mario game.

Nintendo yes, and Mario and other Mario-related characters were in it, yes, but it wasn't a Mario game, so there has not been any REAL Mario game that has been rated T.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 08:32:04 PM »
What material are you thinking of?  killing someone?  Yeah, its not good to ACTUALLY do that, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy a game with something like it.  what do you think happens to the Goombas when you jump on them, or when Mario is hit by an enemy?

You say you want a {Nintendo}revolution, well, you know, we all want to change the world
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 09:47:37 PM »
Killing is not the only thing I meant, and I do think excessive violence in games is objectionable. I also think that sexual content and swearing should never be in games. And it really doesn't matter that it all takes place in a fantasy world; people really shouldn't even simulate doing bad things. It could lead to corrupted morals in real life.

Ever notice how the name "Playstation" sounds more kiddy than "Gamecube" or "Nintendo 64"?

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 10:58:33 PM »
The media continues to brainwash many people with their M-Rated games.  Mario is basically the only game that is fun for all ages (in my opinion) and rated E.  Mario, please stay an E-Rated man.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 09:40:46 AM »
I might enjoy a T-rated Mario game, depending on what makes it "T-rated".  If they do it just so they can show off Peach in a thong or something, then I'll pass.  But if the only thing that makes it T-rated is some action scenes and a little more fighting (ala SSBM), then I'd be all for it.  And I don't have anything against violence and sexuality in games because that's how things are in reality.  The more realistic a game is, the better.  Although when games go so overboard as to making things rediculously unrealistic, that's when it gets stupid (I'm looking at YOU, Mortal Kombat).

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."
-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 05:00:10 PM »
If its T -rated its ok with me as long as it doesn't end up with Grand Theft Auto: Mushroom Kingdom (toad as a gangster is just Wrong *shuders*)
I mean a T-rated like donkey konga 2 or SSBM not as bad as games with all the blood and gore or sexual content

You can call me stupid but I''m dumb too

Edited by - white_arrow on 6/14/2005 4:05:01 PM
OH SNAP, It's White Arrow!

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 08:39:23 PM »
As I said before, I have no problem with the mild violence that is found in games like SSBM. But excessive violence should not be in games, and especially sexuality. Sexual matters are much too serious (is that the word I want?) to appropriately put in video games (note that romance, which can reasonably appear in a game, is not what I mean here); video games are far less serious than real life, so the argument that that's what things are like in real life is invalid. And where in games nowadays would you expect to see sexuality in a game in its right context - between married people and for the sake of procreation? In games all you see of sexuality is abuses and immorality. For it to be in its proper context in a game, the game would pretty much have to be real life. Thus, sexuality should never be in games. And I really don't see how someone could think that it's actually OK to view gratuitous simulated mutilation of people and similar things, as happens in those excessively violent games.

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 09:00:56 PM »
Okay, as far as the original question goes, as long as Mario stays light hearted and fun, I won't mind a T rated game, every so often.

>video games are far less serious than real life

Yes they are.  They should be enjoyable.  Video games are just that, Games.  I wouldn't find it fun to play a game that included living your daily, regular life (excluding The Sims).  I want to be able to experience things that would be completly impossible normally.  I realize some things nobody should want to do, but, okay, I am running out of ways to get my point across without sounding too repetative...

Edited by - CoconutMikeNIke on 6/14/2005 8:03:33 PM

Jman

• Score
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2005, 09:07:06 PM »
I really have no problem with violence, unless it's overdone like GTA games.  Mario shouldn't be all happy rainbows like that, but they do need to find a way to give him that cool edge, without going completely over the top and turning him into a pimp.

Like, you know he would never try and take advantage of Peach.  He'd sooner beat the living snot out of anyone else who tried to.  So, that's pretty much it for my take on why Mario should not be M rated. T rated is all right with me.

Various Homestar quotes
"The Good times are over!" "Homestar...is running..along!" "Gimme them dang ice creams!"
Homestar:Bubs, are you an unethical quack?
Bubs:The most quackinest!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 10:16:07 AM by Jman »
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005, 09:42:42 PM »
I'm not saying Mario should turn into Big Pimp, but I don't want things to to be all rainbows and bunnies.  You all keep taking whacks at Mortal Kombat, but you have to know that it is a fighting game that is made just for the reason of being over the top.

I would like to know, if this is how you feel about games, what do you watch on TV?  Quite a few shows, I might even say most, either have violence, sex, or both.

Print