Print

Author Topic: What would you make?  (Read 7214 times)

« on: May 02, 2009, 10:52:16 PM »
If you were a movie maker, what would you make into a movie,show/miniseries.

I would make The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings into an anime.

I would make Watchers into a movie.

Dreamworks has owned the rights to The Talisman since before the book was published, but have done nothing towards making it into a miniseries. So I would definetely make that a miniseries.

I would also make some of my idea into movies.

What would you do?
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 11:55:01 PM »
I would make a crossover between Crysis, Far Cry, and Far Cry 2, and make it a twelve-part comic miniseries.

I would make a Die Hard anime.

I would make a movie based on Left 4 Dead, and have Uwe Boll direct it.
every

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 12:40:56 AM »
Deadpool movie. Like, real Deadpool.

F-ZERO movie, Tekkaman movie, yadda yadda yadda.

AND AN EARTHBOUND ANIME

Just kiddin'. Seriously.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 03:38:41 AM »
When I first read the title of this thread, the first thought that popped into my head was a sandwich.

What would you make?

I'd make a sandwich.

Just saying.

...I'd probably make a live action Pokemon movie. A NON crappy one where the actors actually looks somewhat like the character they are playing and the pokemon would be lifelike cgi...sorta like scooby doo.

The anime franchise of it is pretty much dead annyway...so why not? lol
That was sarcasm. c:

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 08:42:16 AM »
Pretty much dead? Not in Japan.

Progress Quest movie. No, really.

Garry's Mod movie.

Jump Superstars movie that'd tie into a US release of the game. You can bet on Naruto getting beaten up a lot in this movie.

A live-action Street Fighter movie that doesn't suck.

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 08:52:50 AM »
Pretty much dead /IN AMERICA/ I meant. lol.
That was sarcasm. c:

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 08:55:05 AM »
This is my topic. :D

-First off, my big dream is to make an animated Mario movie. Base it mainly off the games, with some slight nods to other iterations, such as the Super Show, the Peach-hime OVA, and even the live-ation movie. This film would establish Mario and Luigi as plumbers working in "the Big City" (from Donkey Kong 1994) who make their way to the Mushroom Kingdom and wind up having to save Peach from Bowser once they find out they were born there. Part of the movie is a Superman spoof, y'see, right down to an awesome intro sequence where the credits are flying through space amidst an epic theme song, except it looks a lot like Super Mario Galaxy.

-Second order of business, a Donkey Kong Country film. CGI rendered of course. If a big studio like Pixar would be willing to make it, that would be good. Anyway, the movie adapts the first game in the series with some slight references to later games and a few teensy bits borrowed from the DKC TV show. The plot is sort of a nod to adventure films such as Indiana Jones, where the big draw is the awesome environments DK and Diddy have to traverse, just like in the game.

-Third order. A live action Zelda pic. Personally I'd like to adapt A Link to the Past, and the plot could easily borrow from the Nintendo Power comic to set things in order, but naturally the thing to do would be to make a movie based on the most celebrated game in the series: Ocarina of Time. If I had to do a movie like this, I'd put as much care into it as the production staff did for the Lord of the Rings films. Hell, the game is so big and expansive I might just have to split it into three movies just to cover the whole thing.

-Fourth: A Metroid movie. Some would claim that part of the problem with Metroid is that it already borrows from the Alien movies. Thing is, Ellen Ripley didn''t have an Iron Man-style power suit nor was she the only human character in the whole setup. This kind of conflict would allow for a serious sense of isolation, just like in the game. The only other characters in the film besides Samus would be the Space Pirates, and they wouldn't even speak English. Yes, this movie would have very little dialog outside of a monolog by Samus at the beginning and end of the film. It would probably be hard to get it into production with this kind of idea, since several other attempts have been shot down, but with the recent success of WALL-E, it may have a chance.

-5th: an animated Kirby movie. It's been a while since the Kirby anime ended. Now this wouldn't be based on that though. It would be it's own thing, with plenty of references to the games themselves. I'm thinking of basing it on either Kirby's Dream Land 1/Spring Breeze or Kirby's Adventure and Kirby himself wouldn't have any dialog, again, sorta like WALL-E. Natrually there'd have to be awesome actions sequences and fight scenes where Kirby uses his Copy Abilities, so I guess the whole thing would be highly marketable, except higher quality than the Kirby anime since it's a feature film instead of a Saturday morning cartoon.

-6 on the list is a Star Fox movie. Given the recent plunge the series has taken thanks in part to *coughfurriescough*, I'd have to set things back to square one on this one. Base it off the original SNES Star Fox, maybe borrowing liberally from the Nintendo Power comic if I have to. The Star Wars homage aspect makes a pretty good contender. I assume it would be all CGI rendered, but had I been making this back in the 1990s, I'd have gotten Jim Henson's Creature Shop to build fully body puppets of the characters, like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles films. Maybe there's a way to reconcile this...

-Lucky number 7. A live action Pokemon movie. My idea for this? Make it geared towards people who aren't kids, by which I mean people who are adults. Granted, I'm not gonna fill it with violence and cursing and sex and whatnot. What I would do is present it in the form of a fictional documentary, like that special about dragons on the Discovery Channel, or the  "Under the Hood" documentary to be added as part of the Watchmen DVD. Characters such as Professor Oak could still appear in it as the experts on the subject, just like in actual documentaries. I know I'm probably taking a big risk with this idea, but if the CGI animators can succeed in making the Pokemon look like real animals without taking it overboard *coughtransformerscough* then I think it would garner much praise.

-Next to last, a live action F-ZERO movie. This would probably have more in common with the storylines of SNES F-ZERO and the Falcon Legend anime, rather than the GX storyline, lest we wind up with a another Batman & Robin on our hands. It's obvious that the movie would be a fast-paced futuristic racing movie, but unlike Speed Racer it would relatively serious as opposed to intentionally cheesy. Given how big the cast of the game is, I think a movie like this has tons of potential. The casting director would have a field day with it. :D

-Finally, a stop-motion animated MOTHER movie. At first I wanted to base it on Earthbound, but the tone of that movie is actually quite different than that of MOTHER or MOTHER 3, which would probably make for better movies as a whole. The marketing campaign would show absolutely no info on it at all in an attempt to garner public interest. The poster for the movie would just be a plain red box with the logo on it, just like the games' boxart. If I were doing an Earthbound adaptation, I'd probably have the trailer just show a scene like the one in the game's opening, with the flying saucers attacking the gas station. This would do a good job of throwing the people off about the movie's premise, which is what I intend for.

-I've always wanted to see an animated series based on the Oz books. Every episode would be based on a different book in the series, sometimes dipping into two or three-parter territory.

-I'd have Capcom make a Disney fighting game. They already hit it big with the platformers back in the early 90s, so now's their chance to hit big with fighting games that aren't already part of the Street Fighter or VS. series.

-In addition to the above, I'd have Capcom make a Hanna-Barbera vs. Capcom fighting game. Imagine, Space Ghost...Birdman...Captain Caveman....Blue Falcon....Frankenstein Jr. as the giant character. It fills my inner child with warmth just thinking about it. :D

-If Smash Bros. dies out, I'd have Monolith Soft make a massive Nintendo crossover RPG. They're really good when it comes to tying plots of different things together (read: Super Robot Wars, Namco X Capcom).

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 09:02:49 AM »
Woah. A lot of good ideas there!

I really wish they'd make a Super Mario movie..

I actually once had an idea for a movie involving all the Yoshi's and what they do when they aren't helping Mario...I forgot most of the details though except for the fact that they all hang out at a kareoke bar LMAO.
That was sarcasm. c:

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 09:05:09 AM »
I really wish they'd make a Super Mario movie..

Surprised?

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 09:07:55 AM »
I'm suprised they haven't made a good one yet.
That was sarcasm. c:

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 12:26:01 PM »
The Chef pretty much hit a whole toolboxfull of nails right on the head, but I'll add a few ideas of mine own to this fine, fine topic:

--That Interstellar Pig movie that Nickelodeon supposedly picked up the rights to.
--Adaptations of two of my favorite books, After and Feed. However, they're not too epic, so maybe either a TV movie or miniseries or really Hollywood-ified movie would be better.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 12:28:22 PM »
I have read both of those last two books. I really liked 'em. (I was actually thinking about After the other day when I went through airport security...)
No! I don't want that!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 12:46:42 PM »
I would make a modern-day reboot of the Godzilla franchise that's nothing but a series of ultra-realistic news reports detailing the destruction left by Godzilla and whatever monster he fights. Godzilla would keep all his powers and look like the old-fashioned Toho one, but the tone would be like a more depressing Cloverfield. And just to **** everybody off, it'd take place in Chicago.

I would make a Half-Life movie based on the first game and its expansions, told from the perspectives of Gordon Freeman, Barney Calhoun, and Adrian Shephard. While Adrian would stay on his own almost the entire time after getting split up from his squad, Gordon and Barney would team up (the movie would assume that the Barney is the one who is banging on the door at the beginning of the game, and later meets Gordon during some cool action sequence). Gordon would never tal the whole film, with Barney doing all the talking for him. Dr. Kleiner, Dr. Rosenberg, Eli Vance, and maybe those two chicks from the co-op expansion for PS2 would also appear. The G-Man would never be directly met until the end, but would appear frequently in background shots, some of which would be based on the game. Additionally, there would be something at the end that would hint at the Combine invasion of earth in HL2, but you'd only catch it if you played the game.

I would make a Metroid film seen entirely from Samus' point of view in first-person. The plot would be a loosely-cobbled-together mishmash of every game in the series, but mostly based on Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion. The Kraid would be giant like the Zero Mission version, and the Ridley fight would take elements from all of his incarnations over the course of the series. The style would basically be a kind of action-horror hybrid. The beginning would show Samus waking up, getting dressed, et. - the only time you'd see her face would be when she looks in a mirror with her helmet off. There would be various nods to fans; some guy would be taken aback that Samus is a girl, and maybe someone would be named Justin Bailey.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 03:11:37 PM »
That Metroid movie idea could lend itself well to any kind of movie if done well enough. Also, you just reminded me:

-Toho needs to get on a remake of King Kong vs. Godzilla. I mean, after Godzilla 2000 they made like 50 alternate sequels to the original, each of which was a remake in some form. Why not go for this one?

-If I could, I redo the Transformers movie universe. Have the characters look a tad more like their G1 counterparts, but not exact. Something more along the lines of the TF Classics toyline or something. I'd base the plot off of IDW Publishing's really well-written G1 TF comics, and this time heavily feature the Transformers themselves in the spotlight rather than a bunch of humans who look like they've been plucked from every high school comedy, alien conspiracy movie, and Iraqi war movie ever made.

-I'd give Sonic a continuity reboot, starting with a new 3D game that sets the stage. The new universe would feature characters and setting from all the previous Sonic continuities, some slightly reimagined. For example, Cream would be redone as a bookish prude who acts as Amy's sidekick, while Shadow, Silver and the Werehog would all be combined into one character that's actually well-written and meaningful (meaning he sacrifices himself and STAYS DEAD). There's a lot more to this idea, but I'm not gonna gush about it here.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 05:21:02 PM »
A lot of the stuff The Chef already mentioned, I would do as well.

I would make a Meta Knight game.  The movement and physics would be similar to a Kirby game, but this game would be more of a combat-based RPG, with upgradeable abilities and lots of sidequests.

I would make a GOOD Dragon Ball [Z] movie (sticks to the original manga and story).  Allison Mack as Bulma, Michael Weatherly as Yamcha, Michael Gambon as Roshi, Martin Klebba as Kuririn, Vin Diesel as Tenshinhan, Samuel L. Jackson as Piccolo; funnily enough, the only character I can't think of a good actor for is Goku.

I would make a good Shadow the Hedgehog game, as in, no guns or vehicles, and preferrably no swearing.  Again, as opposed to the main series the character comes from, it would be more combat-based than speed-based.

Several others that I'll probably think of two seconds after posting this.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print