Print

Author Topic: Things That Made You Poop A Little.  (Read 134904 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #315 on: December 13, 2009, 01:26:18 PM »
The ending of Braid.

The ending of Braid.

The ending of Braid.

Also, reading on GameFaqs that:

1) There are "secret stars" that I literally never saw, ever
and
2) How you get them, especially the first one.

Maybe the whole game made me poop, actually, in either a philosophical or going-onto-GameFAQs-and-wow-I-never-would've-figured-that-out-in-a-million-years way. I mean, yeah, the plot's intentionally inexplicable, but the range of emotions I felt in the few hours I played makes Shadow of the Colossus look like Rumble Roses.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #316 on: December 13, 2009, 01:29:52 PM »
When playing through LeafGreen, I accidentally used Cut in some tall grass where there were no trees.  I never knew...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #317 on: December 13, 2009, 02:32:29 PM »
ShadowBrian, your gaming license is permanently revoked. An agent will arrive at your house shortly to confiscate all game systems, games, posters, magazines, and any other video game-related materials you own.

Turtlekid, welcome to 1998.

« Reply #318 on: December 13, 2009, 03:49:03 PM »
A little part of me died when I discovered that the grass-Cutting mechanic was removed in D/P/P.

Anyways, I soiled my breeches upon entering the first boss battle in FFIV DS and hearing, you guessed it, the Culex battle theme. Then I recalled having read about the Culex/Final Fantasy connection fifty million times before and I un-pooped.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #319 on: December 13, 2009, 05:55:01 PM »
Me and a stranger were playing together in 2v2 arena in TF2. He was a troll, but with skills and the desire to win. He came up with ingenious and hilarious ideas to destroy the other team, which we did repeatedly. Amongst the various things we did was Sniper and Pyro combo, where the Sniper's only function was to Jarate the enemy team and the Pyro would set them on fire. Other wackiness involved Sniper+Medic and Scout+Medic, one match I ended up going battle Medic and being the last man standing, to me and my awesome partner's poopage.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that he blared dialogue from Pulp Fiction nonstop into the alltalk.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 06:05:28 PM by TEM »

« Reply #320 on: December 13, 2009, 07:03:27 PM »
I don't think b37 and WarpWrattler were really justified in phreaking out every time Brian mentions Braid. It is inspired by Mario and Prince of Persia. And has Warp even played it? There is no way anyone ever discovers the existance of the secret stars on his own. You either see someone mention it (like right now!) or see it in a guide. I just hope Brian experienced the pleasure of solving the game himself before looking at the guide. But sheesh, go easy on the man!

Also, Turtlekid1's poop is legit.

Also, I liked WeeGee's story. It was cute.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #321 on: December 13, 2009, 08:26:47 PM »
Well, like I said, there were a half-dozen or so jigsaw pieces I absolutely couldn't figure out. A short game? Yes, but it's tough--still, it's not like I had a guide there every step of the way.

Also, realizing the possible "atomic bomb" connection--especially when it was brought to my attention that the city is burning in the game's beginning/end--was fairly poop-worthy.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #322 on: December 22, 2009, 03:32:43 PM »
The very last part of the last castle in NSMBW.  That is all.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #323 on: December 22, 2009, 04:20:26 PM »
I un-pooped.

I lost if this had been YLYL.

Seeing the movie I linked to in the Team Fortress topic made me pass gas.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #324 on: December 22, 2009, 04:21:10 PM »
The very last part of the last castle in NSMBW.  That is all.
I got Heavy Lobster vibes from that, honestly, but it was still cool.

Also, this isn't videogame related, but... noticing Bird Person changed his name.

« Reply #325 on: December 22, 2009, 05:26:32 PM »
Hmm, so he did. What a TEM-copier!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #326 on: December 22, 2009, 08:02:45 PM »
What's his new name?
every

« Reply #327 on: December 22, 2009, 08:06:02 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #328 on: December 22, 2009, 08:20:22 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #329 on: December 22, 2009, 08:28:37 PM »
He did always express regret of his name choice. And he's been BP in the chatrooms for a long time. Additionally, he (wisely) uses his real name on his comic website. The mystery here is why change it now, after abandoning the FF for months? All it will accomplish is confusing new people trying to read old threads.

Clearly the real motive here was a check from British Petroleum.

Print