Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 394590 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1875 on: August 14, 2012, 01:34:55 PM »
My GameStop said they won't have The Last Story until Thursday.

So of course my boss would give me Wednesday off this week.

Eh, maybe I can finish Xenoblade tomorrow instead.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1876 on: August 14, 2012, 02:23:55 PM »
Yeah, my GameStop doesn't have it yet either. Of course, I won't be home Thursday through Saturday. :|

« Reply #1877 on: August 14, 2012, 03:07:50 PM »
That game's boxart is incredibly deceptive. It just screams 'RPG'.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1878 on: August 14, 2012, 05:07:35 PM »
Darksiders 2 at last!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1879 on: August 15, 2012, 08:39:59 AM »
That game's boxart is incredibly deceptive. It just screams 'RPG'.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1880 on: August 15, 2012, 11:57:59 AM »
I called GameStop earlier about my copy of The Last Story. They said it wouldn't be in until at least Friday.

Why do they have so much trouble with getting preorder-only games in on the actual release date? It completely defeats the purpose of purchasing at a brick-and-mortar store instead of online, especially since I can buy stuff on Newegg and get free three-day shipping with no sales tax.

« Reply #1881 on: August 15, 2012, 03:15:01 PM »
If it makes you feel better, my store (and presumably all stores) doesn't have it either. It's because of the publisher shipping on the release date instead of shipping earlier and relying on a street date like most games do.

« Reply #1882 on: August 15, 2012, 03:42:01 PM »
iseewhatyoudidthere/notsureifserious.jpg

I mean a *real* turn-based old-school RPG.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1883 on: August 21, 2012, 09:02:46 PM »
Gravity Bone is one of the finest gaming experiences ever crafted and its sequel, Thirty Flights of Loving, hits this week.

Also while researching this post I realized that all versions of 3DS XL are black on the inside so you can finally choose whatever color you like without having your screens be surrounded by that color messing up your perception of on-screen tones. Nice!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1884 on: August 22, 2012, 12:40:46 PM »
It's pretty funny that Capcom thinks people will pay $20 for a digital rerelease of an obscure fighting game that's nearly fifteen years old, with the addition of some ugly graphics filters, the same online play options people have already been using on the free GGPO PC client for years, and achievements...just because they're watching the new anime adaptation.

So yeah, I'm not buying JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD. But I might play the original version on GGPO. Or my Dreamcast.

« Reply #1885 on: September 04, 2012, 01:08:34 PM »
Here's last week; this week will come later this week.

Last week was awesome, since Rock Band Blitz came out, which is my favorite game of 2012 so far. I currently have the world's highest score on "Celebrity Skin". Try to beat it, n00bs!

Sony went HAM with collections. Buying all five God of War games at once would be cool if I didn't already own four of the five twice already.

And the wonderful Treno rag hit Theatrhythm.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1886 on: September 04, 2012, 02:39:35 PM »
The Sims 3 Supernatural! Special Edition with Plant Vs. Zombies came out today too. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1887 on: September 04, 2012, 09:16:27 PM »
Wait, they repackaged the GoW series... again? It's like those [darn] Harry Potter booksets when I was a kid.

Also, those songs are DLC for RBB only, right?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1888 on: September 04, 2012, 09:59:06 PM »
I thought the "Last Week" in the title ment you would stop doing these.

« Reply #1889 on: September 04, 2012, 09:59:14 PM »
There's no difference between an RB3/RB2/RB1 song and a RBB song; RBB just uses them differently. Those songs are the RBB tracklist, but when you buy RBB you get them inside RB3/RB2/RB1 too.

Print