Print

Author Topic: Confess!  (Read 141748 times)

« Reply #435 on: May 11, 2011, 05:38:45 PM »
(I've been out of college for a year and I'm a minimum-wage cashier)

This is about 10% of everything that's wrong with modern North America.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #436 on: May 11, 2011, 07:06:11 PM »
See, this is good, because it makes me ask "Would I wait two years to date either of them?" And if the answer is no, then are these really prospects for serious relationships, or are they just kneejerk rebounds after breaking up with my girlfriend two months ago?

Look, I don't know either of these girls, but are you suggesting that you're mentally attracted to both of these seventeen year olds and that it's not merely some physical attraction? We've been down this path before, but I find it hard to believe someone of your intelligence really could relate to either of these young girls in any sort of meaningful way.

This is about 10% of everything that's wrong with modern North America.

That's a weird percentage to just throw out there, but what do you mean? Are you suggesting the problem lies with the job seeker (in the general sense) or that it's the economic state of the, uh, continent?

I think there's a case to be made on either side.

« Reply #437 on: May 11, 2011, 07:09:53 PM »
I used to drink milk out of the carton sometimes.
What's wrong with that? O_____o

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #438 on: May 11, 2011, 08:05:12 PM »
Everything.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #439 on: May 11, 2011, 09:55:37 PM »
Look, I don't know either of these girls, but are you suggesting that you're mentally attracted to both of these seventeen year olds and that it's not merely some physical attraction?
Well, if I admit to it being physical attraction, that officially makes me creepy (in my current state of residence), neh?

Eh, I don't know. Maybe. I definitely think it's a possibility. And they're not really that teen-ish.

Well, I guess the one kinda is.

I don't really know them well enough to know, I guess. What I learned from my last (and so far only) relationship is that I have a tendency to project what I want to see on top of what I don't know.

Still, I have to say that working in customer service for the last nine months has made me question the correlation between maturity and age. But the projecting is the important part. Gotta cut down on that.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #440 on: May 11, 2011, 10:22:51 PM »
Doesn't everyone project onto people they don't know well?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #441 on: May 11, 2011, 11:08:14 PM »
That's a weird percentage to just throw out there, but what do you mean? Are you suggesting the problem lies with the job seeker (in the general sense) or that it's the economic state of the, uh, continent?

The fact that a college or university education all too often proves useless when looking for a real job in one's field of study. But that's the beginning of an entirely different discussion.

CrossEyed: Would you find the personality of either of them attractive if you were unaware of their appearance?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #442 on: May 12, 2011, 07:27:47 PM »
It's probably gonna make a mess because multiple conversations were going on at once and in all the same posts but I moved everything starting with BriGuy's post to Not At The Dinner Table here in its own spin-off thread

Oh well

You know, I never learned to shell sunflower seeds in my mouth
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #443 on: May 12, 2011, 07:47:49 PM »
I'll move this back over here:

Doesn't everyone project onto people they don't know well?
When you've been dating the person in question for a year, it's kind of a problem.

CrossEyed: Would you find the personality of either of them attractive if you were unaware of their appearance?
One of them probably. The other one I dunno.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #444 on: June 18, 2011, 11:32:12 AM »
Okay, okay, you got me...
I refuse to play Luigi's Mansion at any time other than night because the first time i played it was at night when I was little, and it scared me so much. That's pretty much the only reason I was ever scared of the dark. of course, when I play it now, I don't find it too frightening, but when i play it at night, sometimes I can still get that good (scary) feeling.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #445 on: June 18, 2011, 03:36:05 PM »
Well it is a survival-horror game. With creepily surreal architecture and a fantastically cold, lonely atmosphere. Even if the ghosts aren't that scary (and in all honesty a few of the bosses are, for one reason or another), it's an understandably unnerving game if you're sensitive to the element of surprise.

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #446 on: June 18, 2011, 09:18:52 PM »
To this day, thinking about Luigi's Mansion makes me uneasy. I am quite easily spooked.

« Reply #447 on: June 20, 2011, 11:57:34 PM »
The toddler boss at the end of Area 1 in particular always creeped me out, lol.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #448 on: September 05, 2011, 02:32:01 PM »
Hey.

Y'all remember this?  Well, something similar happened again this weekend at the same camp, with the same girl somehow talking me into doing something far too high off the ground.  Except it was a high ropes course this time instead of a giant's swing.

Anyway, yeah.  I think I might like her.  At least I know her personally and have more in common with her, unlike Emmy Cicierega.  On the other hand, I only see her once a year.  Back to the first hand, I could maybe resort to Facebook to keep in touch.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 03:18:25 PM by Turtlekid1 »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #449 on: September 05, 2011, 03:19:22 PM »
>She wants to screw.

Print