Print

Author Topic: A strange question about Yoshi's Island  (Read 4222 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« on: March 28, 2002, 10:07:59 PM »
Is it just me, or are there actually 21 red coins in Level Extra 3 of Yoshis island? I could have sworn that I heard the noise indicating that I had gotten all 20 red coins in the level twice, once after getting each of the red coins carried by the hovering shy guys on the goal platform. I also thought I had 19 coins before that platform....

I am not crazy (that may be hard to prove); I have 100's on every level without a guide, and have already gotten my 100 on that level when i noticed this. Either way, The game only credits you for 100 points.

Can someone tell me whether this thought is true? BTW If someone posted this i am sorry, but this is my very first post here....

(PS, special thanks to whoever found that glitch in world 2-7... It is the coolest things i have seen in the game to date!)

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2002, 01:58:03 PM »
you have a strange question... i'll give you a strange answer

if you blink REALLY hard for two hours, then play ten levels of bomber man and switch the game to yoshi's island faster than you can say "exit stage left" there will be 21 red coins, as you first thought

hope that helped!

0 0-/< in honor of all our fallen comrades, may they go to a better place >\-0<

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2002, 06:22:04 PM »
hahaha very funny.... Have you even played Extra 3?

Anyway, I checked and rechecked and I counted 21 again, I even collected the last red coin after reviewing my inventory (pause) screen and seeing i had all 20 red coins....

I have 2 theories:
1. The producers thought no one was good enough to get all 21 (there is 1 that still annoys me, it is hidden in a post, and there is a rotating 4-platform lift thingy over it) and didn't mind to correct it
2. The level maker, "proofreader", and producer can't count to 20.

or maybe it was a mistake, that could be it. But I have confirmed that there are really 21 red coins. So ha to any of you doubters... ;)

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2002, 03:09:32 PM »
no i haven't

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2002, 07:23:58 PM »
1. Do you even have Yoshi's Island?
2. If you do tell me what levels you DON'T have 100's on in world 3, and I can tell you how. (oh yea, Extra 3 is really hard, i think it is the second hardest level to 100, behind Extra 5)
3. Anyone who DOES have extra 3 opened, try and find them all to prove me right! I counted them, and recounted them, and there are still 21.

Thanks! (?)

~I.S.~

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2002, 01:12:32 AM »
WoW you must be good and presisntant AND patient to get all the levels with 100. I know I haven't. So I can't help you there. course I beleive you.

Boomo arigatou gazaimash ita! and have a nice day!

and to make this sig even hideosely longer:I have joined http://megaman.retrofaction.com/  Forum under the name "Unknown-X".  
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2002, 03:01:33 PM »
no i don't have yoshi's island

it was just a dumb excuse for me to try and make a dumb joke, okay?
sorry if that sounded angry...i'm actually a very mellow and laid back kinda guy

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2002, 08:25:32 PM »
1. If you have a Super Nintendo, and Like the original Super Mario World, get this game! PS: it's ok, I have a tendency to get like that when someone messes with me. (translation: I can't take a joke under certain circumstances) Sorry if I offended you at all.

2. Bout time someone realizes how hard straight 100's are..... Extra 5 was the hardest though, and of the normal levels, 6-5 is my worst. there is this one spot where you gotta like a Chomp rock over a lava pool to get to a door and I could never do that right... I got lucky the time i did do it...

Ahem. Sorry, got sidetracked, and another general tip:
There is an easy way to beat Naval Piranha (3-8 boss) with one egg: go to the boss chamber, and stand on the platform so that you are only standing on the FIRST circle, any farther and you'll trigger the boss battle animation, which is what you DON'T want to do. hit the Piranha Bud with an egg for an easy win! (check Kamek's reaction...) This is useful if you can't seem to win without getting hit and need the 100, as it is impossible to get hit in the battle if you do this right....)

Hold Select on the map screen, and press X,X,Y,B,A for another (pleasant) surprise!

~I.S.~

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2002, 02:41:20 PM »
no..you didn't offend me, mon ami

i just thought you wouldn't pay attention to my comment and ....never mind
the past is the past

Print