Print

Author Topic: WALUIGI  (Read 1920 times)

« on: December 02, 2002, 02:31:21 PM »
Do you remeber the days of playing Mario Tennis? Who was the best player???? The man to intimidate at the net? the tall spide rlike waluigi seems to spring to mind i hear you all say BUT why has he not bee appreciated as much as Mario???? Evil he is not!??? Misunderstood ??? Maybe? I need to know your opinions.....Waluigi should not be disregarded as a 'Baddy' i refuse to believe he is! AS for the fact that he has barely been a part of half of the Mario games is a disgrace or am i somewhat over reacting here?? You tell me but Waluigi.....there is a larger following for you i am sure!
WWWWWWAAAAAAALUUUUUUUUIGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!

May the 'Waluigi' be with you!
May the 'Waluigi' be with you!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 12:24:57 AM »
As far as I can remember, Waluigi's been in... what, 5 games? He was created merely as another playable character, and that is really his sole purpose.

Eeh hee hee hee hee!!! Not everything means what it seems... . . . Ooh Heh . . . Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 04:17:35 PM »
I must say your over reacting. Don't mind me saying so, but take a chill pill.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2002, 12:38:21 AM »
Yes, I mean it's fine for you to like Waluigi, but people would understand you better if you tone it down a bit.

Eeh hee hee hee hee!!! Not everything means what it seems... . . . Ooh Heh . . . Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2002, 03:30:34 AM »
Mmm, I really like the premise for Waluigi's character:
Wario shows up in the Mario universe and startsbeing a real pest.  He bothers Mario at any chance he gets a becomes a veritable rival.  Waluigi sees the success of Wario's actions, and so decides to do the same against Luigi.  He trains and prepares, gets his nice anit-Luigi costume set up, and finally makes his big debut alongside Wario in Mario Tennis, as if to say, "Here I am, Luigi, your worst enemy!  Fear what I've got in store for you!"  In response to which Luigi shrugs, shakes his head and says "Luigi not afraid."
And this just drives Waluigi mad.
It's like his whole reason for being hinges upon being hated by Luigi, and Luigi just doesn't care.

On a side note, from what I've heard, the Japanese word for "bad" is "warui" (r and l are exchangable,) and "gi" is informal for "old man."  So essentially, Waluigi could mean "bad old man."

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2002, 11:41:18 PM »
I will now warikiru.¼
I have some waribiki waribashi½, but that's beside the point.
According to Deezer, Waluigi's name was derived from "igiwaru" which means basically mean and nasty. So, just turn that into waruigi, and it's pretty easy to see.

¼Give a logical explanation
½Discount disposable chopsticks

That was a joke.

Print