Print

Author Topic: SMAS SMB stuff needed to make a game: images, sounds, etc.  (Read 2387 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: June 14, 2003, 01:57:45 PM »
I am making a pong / breakout game based on SMB with DarkBASIC.  I have most everything from SMB, but want the images, sprites, backgrounds, sounds, music, etc. based on the SMAS version.  Do you have anything or know were I can find it?  Let me know what you have, post it here, or email it to dr_shows@yahoo.com

Also, if you know how to program in DarkBASIC (CashCrazed does) let me know.  If you want I can also post everything along with images of the game as it is made on my site at http://www.geocities.com/dr_shows/pong/
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2003, 02:15:26 PM »
try The Shy Guy Kingdom and Game Sprite Archives

--------------------

Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2003, 02:22:09 PM »
I think I have every thing from the shyguy kingdom.  Your link to gsa didn't work.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2003, 02:24:47 PM »
The link works fine; the site's down or something--it said I wasn't authorized to view it when I clicked on the bookmark link, which normally works. I simply copy-pasted the URL.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.

Edited by - Sapphira on 6/14/2003 1:26:12 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 09:28:31 PM »
At TSGK, the SMB3 section of the SMAS sprites has a lot more than the SMB1 section. I got every sprite for my game offa there.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2003, 10:09:26 AM »
Hmmmmm......that sprite of Mario holding the racket bar look an awful lot like one of the SMAS SMB3 sprites of Mario I modified to show him holding something above his head..............
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 07:08:12 PM »
Could it be that it was ripped from you sprite sheet?  I wonder. Maybe.

Oh well.  Yes.  I stole it from you.

So, what do you want for it.  Let's see.  Your name is Cash Crazed.  So, how about cash?

I made a copy of that portion of your sprite sheet and pasted it in paint.  So, you can copy this $10,000 and past it into your bank acount and we'll call it even.

What?  You say it doesn't work that way?  So maybe I should list you on the credits of the game.  Or, maybe I should not use your sprites and make my own.

Okay, I made my own.  Wait they look identical to yours.

What's a guy to do?  

Print