Print

Author Topic: Character Ideas For Next SSB Game  (Read 22721 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2003, 05:24:04 PM »
Styx Rules!

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

RPG

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2003, 01:00:25 PM »
What about Final Fantesy Carather in SSB?
Paul Bateson

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2003, 01:20:46 PM »
Let's be realistic. No way in heck are they gonna have Megaman or FF characters. My ideas? Hmmm...

_Items_

Leaf. Give you extra jump abilities for a short period of time. Basically, Kirby jump abilities. From Super Mario Bros. 3

_Characters_

Wart. Similar moves as Bowser, but faster. Also, fire would be replaced with bubbles. His jump would be a tad better as well. From Super Mario Bros. 2

Skull Kid. Similar moves as Metwo. He too floats, and has energy blasts. He's just a tad faster, and is harder to throw than Metwo (A problem the Pokemon had...). From The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Wario. Similar to Mario. MUCH slower than mario, but a lot more powerful. Because of his weight and power, he'd be classified as a heavy-weight. From many games, too many to mention.

Waluigi. Actually more simliar to Wario than Mario, in power aspects. He would be much faster than Wario, even rivaling Pichu, considering his limberness. Again, from too many games to mention.

Mask Link. Similar to Young Link. Basically Young Link in all aspects, except one: Depending upon the direction the c-stick is jabbed, he would turn into eithe a Zora, Goron, or Deku. It's debatable whether the ability would be temperary, or even random, as appose to up c mean Zora, down c Goron, etc. Goron would be slow, but powerfull, Zora quick but powerful, and Deku would have some of the best jumping skills in the game, and very fast. If the mask draw was random, the Deku would probably be the Joker of the deck. From Majora's Mask

That's all I got for now.

And all the girls say I''m pretty fly for a white guy... err, yoshi...

Edited by - WhiteYoshi on 9/4/2003 12:22:00 PM
And all the girls say I''m pretty fly for a white guy... err, yoshi...

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2003, 07:47:29 PM »
No anime...right.
no non-nintendo...okay.
no rare...fine.
no capcom...whatever.

If we insist on being realistic:

Wario.
Meta knight.
Tatanga.
Magikoopa(preferably kamek but they all look the same)
any of the koopa bros.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2003, 03:50:37 PM »
Okay. I will be realistic. But alot of the characters will be replaced with Pokemon (sorry). Also, you forgot to mention Hudson, Screech. In case you don't know what I mean, Bomberman and Bonk are Hudson characters, not Nintendo. Since they also appeared on non-Nintendo systems.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Die, father, die!
"I hate people who quote themselves in there signatures"-Me

« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2003, 04:56:14 PM »
I have a whole list of fighters on my computer that I think should be in SSB3.
Wario
Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
Ganon (Legend of Zelda)
Krystal (Star Fox)
Wolf O'donnel (Star Fox)
Ridley (Metroid)
Torizo (Metroid)
King Dedede (Kirby)
Metaknight (Kirby)
Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
Phoenix (F-Zero)
Jeff (Earthbound)
Kain (Fire Emblem)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
 And maybe they could add moves involving the X and Y buttons. Like give Bowser hammers.
Edited by - Darth Danno at T/H/X 11:38:4 EB

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2003, 05:23:46 PM »
The man Ganondorf is already in the game But if you're referring to the monster at the end of OOT then yeah that would be cool.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2003, 07:17:13 AM »
 Yeah, I'm refering to the monster Ganon. But an improved Ganondorf would be good. He should have something like that Shadow Ball move Mewtwo has, and sword attacks similar to Marth and Roy.
 I just had an idea for an item, too. A Spikey Blue Shell like in Mario Kart. It goes for whoever's in the lead (if you're in the lead and you throw it, it'll go for you). It causes a small amount of damage the longer you hold it.

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2003, 08:58:02 AM »
Torizo?

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2003, 04:54:38 PM »
 I beleive Torizo is the name of one of the Chozo Statues that comes to life in Super Metroid. I thought he might be a "different" kind of fighter.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2003, 09:06:43 PM »
Yeah... way different.

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.
That was a joke.

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2003, 10:54:47 PM »
Wow, no one's mentioned Birdo yet?
Birdo (clone of yoshi):
B- Vacuum attack like kirby, spits out egg of player that would hit other players
Side B- ?
And Toad should become a fighter in his own right. Wasn't he the schwarzennegger one in SMB2 (lifted stuff fastest)?
Maybe another character from the earthbound games? Actually, I think all the characters should have at least one other character from their games. The ugly Link from Wind Waker should be included as well, just so I can smear it across the screen with the "real" Links (cel shading THIS!!!).

Kinda off-topic, I think a story mode for each character would be nice. And definately add a two player cooperative adventure mode!!!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2003, 11:59:12 PM »
Geogrifith, that was incredibly stupid. The Cel-shading style of Wind Waker was awesome. And technically, the model for Wind Waker is the actual true Link. Mr. Miyamoto said that he made this game like this, because he always pictured Link to look like that but never could give it a cartoonish look without it looking bad until Gamecube. He made the characters in the original Legend of Zelda manual look like this, and wanted to make the Wind Waker models similar to the ones in that manual. I'm not the greatest Zelda Fan out there, but I still like the Wind Waker a lot.

Only a fool scoffs at the laws of Ushido. *Takes out Katana* The might of righteousness will overcome the wrath of evil. *Eats slice of Pizza* My cause is worthy. Meow! I am the Samurai Pizza Cat!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2003, 12:19:00 AM »
Young Link in SSBM is the true Link because he was Miyamoto's original vision for the hero of The Legend of Zelda. He wanted to reproduce that vision in WW.

X-Box and PS2 Suck with a capital "S".

Deezer was here.

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2003, 01:19:37 AM »
Hmm, the Koopa Kids and one of the Balloon Fight guys... kamek and some more Earthbound charaters would be cool as well.
No, really, I did get SMA4 six days early.

Print