Print

Author Topic: Character Ideas For Next SSB Game  (Read 22720 times)

« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2004, 10:35:44 AM »
Shawne's here! So how about um....Toad & Toadette should be in SSB? They should be brave to fight strongly.

Shawne Vinson

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2004, 02:17:15 PM »
A future incarnation of SSB should have Michael Jones, hero of the amazing Star Tropics series on the NES, as a playable character.  His moves would be:

Standard attacks/Smash-attacks: Island yo-yo
B: Astericks (pressing once fires them, pressing again splits them into 2 at 90 degree angles)
B-forward: Supernova
B-up: Spikes (dissappear and reappear higher up, kicking and damaging any opponent you hit)
B-down: Mirror (works like Fox/Flaco's reflector shield, but only in the direction you are facing)

« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2004, 07:11:50 PM »
This isn't a cariter Idea, but a laout. What if you can chose two people at once for tag-team or set it up for a peson and pirat copy (ex:mario/Dr. Mario, Marth/Roy)?
As for cariters, what of two diferent costom robos?

The people who mater don''t mind, and the people who mind don''t matter.
:D

« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2004, 12:33:11 AM »
It's important to keep the game balanced... I for one would not want to play a Smash Bros. game with 14 different Mario or Zelda characters... that's over-kill.

With that out of the way, here are my picks!

New characters:

-Wario: His different caps, plus his classic shoulder-rush attack would make up his moves... different transformations (like Zombie Wario, burnt Wario, etc.) would be his alternate costumes.

-Ridley: He'd be a floater like Kirby, but about as big as Bowser. He'd be a lot lighter than Bowser of course, due to his almost skeletal build.

-Pit: One of my FAVORITE/most over-looked Nintendo characters... Though I wish they'd just call him Kid Icarus... sounds a whole lot cooler to me. He could shoot arrows (of course) and use the stone-smashing hammers.

-Little Mac: From Punch-Out!! Nintendo's ORIGINAL fighting game... he could have combos like Roy and Marth.

-Jeff: The secret agent kid from Earthbound... lots of potential for cool moves with all his gadgets.

-Meta-Knight: The baddest mutha to ever strut the Kirby series... love that armor and sword.

-Diddy and Dixie: They can be a team, like the Ice Climbers.

-Samurai Goroh: He'd be a big, slow Capt. Falcon (taking the place of Gannondorf, who'd get all new moves).

-Captain Olimar: He could utilize his army of 100 Pikmin for his special moves, making him a very unique character to play as.

-Someone from Advance Wars: Preferably the girl with the big wrench. She's dreamy. I've never played it, but people dig it.

-Someone from Golden Sun: Again, never played it, but it's a series, so let's get somebody from this game!

Revamped characters:

-Gannondorf: Oh yes. Give him his magic attacks from Ocarina of Time... except for Down-B. Down-B transforms him into the huge, lumbering pig-monstrosity Ganon from the very end of Ocarina (and back again, making him similar to Zelda/Sheik). Gannon would be very slow, but very powerful, roughly a little bigger than Bowser. I'd LOVE it.

Alternate costumes:

Mario- Dr. Mario (he doesn't need to be a whole separate entity, but he can still throw pills instead of fireballs), Paper Mario, Mario with FLUDD, Raccoon Mario (he can use the tail instead of the cape!) and Tux Mario (from the cover of Mario All-Stars... plus it'd be classy).

Luigi- Luigi with Poltergust 9000 (from Luigi's Mansion), Fire Luigi, Frog Luigi, Paper Luigi.

Link- Oni-Link, Young Link, Wind Waker (cel-shaded) Link, Goron Link, Zora Link, Deku Link.

Samus- Phazon Suit, Gravity Suit, Fusion Suit, Justin Bailey (me-OW ) and the stripped down Power Suit (like when you lose all your gear in Prime or at the beginning of Super Metroid).

Donkey Kong- Original style Donkey Kong (from the old arcade games), and DK Jr. (hell yeah)

Bowser- Wart (Wart would breathe toxic bubbles instead of fire, just like he did in Super Mario Bros. 2).

Yoshi- Birdo, Boshi.

Pikachu- Pichu. If they take out the trucker hat costume, heads will roll. That is all.

Falco- Slippy Toad, Leon (the Chameleon from Star Wolf)

Fox- Peppy Hare, Wolf O'Donnel (the leader of Star Wolf)

Captain Falcon- Blood Falcon, Phoenix (thanks Ryantendo).

Samurai Goroh- Black Bull, Deathborn.

Ice Climbers- The Fire Divers. Yeah, I made them up. Think Ice Climbers but in red and orange diving gear, with axes instead of hammers. I like it.

Wario- Biker Wario (of Wario Ware fame), Vampire Wario, Zombie Wario.

And I don't know who he should be a costume for, but I'd LOVE to see Mach Rider (from his self-titled game) as an alternate outfit. Maybe Samus or Capt. Falcon? I don't think he's got enough potential for original moves to need his own character, but I think he'd be a LOT of fun to play as.

Those are the characters I want out of my next Smash Bros. game... I wish I worked for Nintendo...
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2004, 03:21:18 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I really like the above post. May I also suggest Raichu as an alternate for Pikachu? And maybe stick Krystal in there somewhere?

"A person is a person, no matter how small."- Horton the Elephant
This is a secret coded message.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2004, 03:27:02 PM »
Shall we vote on who thought up the best character idea?
Nominations start now, you can nominate up to 3 Fungi Forumians. You must list their name and the character that you thought was good specifically. You can not vote or nominate yourself. You can only nominate someone who listed the characters potential moves in at least vague detail.

Nominations closes on the 30th of July.

.tneb ytilaeR dna dewols emiT
.tnew namggE eht no dna no tuB

« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2004, 03:59:45 PM »
Why the heck are we voting? Now, of all times? And you're only giving one day for people to vote. That's obviously not enough time.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2004, 04:07:17 PM »
I nominate billy chilly's character "triple post".  Although I prefer the character be called "Yikes", not "Friggin'"

EDIT: Removed a typo so that the above would make more sense.  I don't know why I sometimes type "a" when I mean "i" and vice versa.  I also have a habit of putting an "e" at the end of words that end in "th" and swaping "s" and "a".  Now that I have completely bored you I would also like to say I that I deeply regret... Oh, I shiny penny!

Edited by - lUiGiSon on 7/29/2004 4:49:52 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2004, 05:14:00 PM »
Um, triple post isn't a Nintendo-owned charcter, Luigison. I think it belongs to Namco.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2004, 05:40:30 PM »
Whoops, I was looking at the wrong month on the calender. I will except nominations untill the 4th of August.

.tneb ytilaeR dna dewols emiT
.tnew namggE eht no dna no tuB

« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2004, 06:34:14 PM »
Good call on Raichu, Red Paratroopa.  I've been wanting him as an alternate costume for Pikachu since the N64 incarnation of Smash Bros.

Also, I'm glad to see you liked my post... this is something I've thought about A LOT.  
Haters gonna hate

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2004, 07:32:49 PM »
DK has no personality, so they try to make it up by making him seem the biggest and strongest when he really isn't either one.  Close to, I guess, but why don't they just make him act more... charismatic?  Mean?  Nice?  I apologize to you guys who like DK, but I think he could have a little more character.  And I like Bowser being the biggest.  It adds to his character, because he's evil, slow but powerful, everything a villian is.  And he should be thie biggest, followed by Ganondorf, THEN Donkey Kong, then Mewtwo, but Mewtwo is the right size already.

I wish I was in the forest with a dragon right now.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2004, 04:05:42 PM »
I think when DK uses his Giant Punch, he should say "Banana" when he brings his fist back and "Slama!" when he lets it fly.

Edited by - Red Paratroopa on 7/31/2004 1:37:38 PM

« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2004, 08:31:44 AM »
I posted the characters I would like to see in the next SSB game in "make up rumors" topic.
SIG VIOLATOR

« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2004, 08:32:21 AM »
I posted the characters I would like to see in the next SSB game in "make up rumors" topic.
SIG VIOLATOR

Print