Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Fans: Discriminated or Truth!?  (Read 9094 times)

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2005, 08:12:52 PM »
Look... I think people are leaving Marioi because they think they would be considered geeks or babies if they still played a game that does not involve a lot of violence (SSBM is an acception) or may appeal to younger kids

and Hope(N Forever), can i help write those comics. Ive been tryin to write one, but I cant draw. I helped with Kiagi Swordcat if you've ever heard of that online comic
I will not advertise my Xanga on this forum.

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2005, 06:43:30 PM »
how come so many people like the xbox its not that great the  only games they have are
halo and halo 2 and i bet its not that great oh ive always wanted to say that and i dissagree with electronic gaming monthly dkc is NOT overated

where isn't the beef
OH SNAP, It's White Arrow!

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2005, 06:23:25 PM »
Never. Just about everyone I know has played and likes Mario games. They don;t think they're kiddy at all. I've been made fun of in the past for liking Pokemon, but that's a different story.

Random Anime Quote:
" If you keep punching holes in the definition of death, you''re going to be dissected for real one of these days!"--Excel Excel. Excel Saga episode 12.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2005, 10:49:55 PM »
Me and My best friend are hardcore Mario fans. So we do discuss Mario. At my school, no one really gives a monkey's anus about what you do, just as long as it doesn't make you look like an idiot.

And to whoever thinks there isn't any sexual innuendo in Mario games, they obviously haven't played PM:TTYD

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2005, 08:15:46 AM »
I am a huge Mario fan. People who make fun of you are just immature because they want you to like what they like. That's the point. People are different and won't like the same thing. Just ignore those jerks.

ToS and PM:TTYD Rock!!!

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2005, 08:15:59 AM »
Also, many Mario games are sophisticated so just continue beng a fan.

ToS and PM:TTYD Rock!!!

Edited by - Aarom11 on 6/4/2005 7:18:27 AM

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2005, 12:01:24 PM »
I think it's discrimination. Or a pointless feud to the level of the Nintendo vs. Sega wars where there's a lack of legitimate complaints, deteriorating to name calling.

Although to this day I question "Yoshi's Story", which I bought on the impulse of seeing Yoshi again. I absolutely can't stand the intro song or song-after-each-page song, and Yoshi's humming, though cute the first few minutes, becomes extremely annoying as he hums for everything.
You didn't say wot wot.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2005, 12:53:53 PM »
As a Super Mario Fan, I haven't experienced any discrimination, but it's upsetting when I'm truthed against.

Thank you for visting my world, come again ... Now entering reality, welcome back.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2005, 06:54:23 PM »
I love the singing Yoshis.
That was a joke.

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2005, 07:32:32 PM »
Same here! Yoshi's Story is not as good as Yoshi's Island, but it's still so adorable!

Random Anime Quote:
" If you keep punching holes in the definition of death, you''re going to be dissected for real one of these days!"--Excel Excel. Excel Saga episode 12.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2005, 04:34:34 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, Franky Boo. I don't visit or browse these boards as often as I used to...

Anyways, I'm not exactly familiar with Kiagi Swordcat, but I accept any form of writings I recieve, especially ones made specifically for comics! I haven't drawn any comics in a long time though, I am already writing another of my own Super Mario comics which I'm gonna draw soon (since I recently got back into the mood of comics). However, if you are still willing to send me the writings so I could draw them, please do and send them over to this E-mail address: lameguy_mario@yahoo.com

Back on-topic, I would like to add that certain ex-Super Mario fans said that the current fans are "dumb" because they are playing the new "stupid" games, which are a lot worse than Super Mario Bros.!

I guess those ex-fans had left their affinity for Super Mario games because the latest games don't carry that same essence, which Super Mario Bros. has, anymore!

Do you think those guys are right per chance?

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2005, 09:07:24 AM »
The situation could be very much as what George Lucas was troubled by. But I also think that SMB is tied to too much nostalgia for people to really enjoy the newer games. My sister, who stepped into the gaming world with Super Mario Sunshine, believes that it's the best game in the world. I think I see a tie here...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2005, 07:32:46 PM »
I've been a Mario Fan since I became a Nintendo fan. Tears form in my eyes as I think: had I been born one or two years later, I might have been exposed to Playstation instead, or worse... No video games... at all. People tell me I'm immature, and they say "Mario is Gay." Then I play my DS, which is also "gay," and they're all "ooh, can I play for a few minutes?" and I say "no. DS is gay, remember? Go play something manly like a PSP." They're hypocrites.

How much would wood a would pecker peck if a would pecker wood peck would? –Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2005, 08:56:44 PM »
Beh.

I think that anyone who discriminates someone because they like a company/franchise/etc. is immature.

You're not immature if you like Mario... in fact, most Halo lovers are immature (the ones I've seen). The only way I'd ever really discriminate someone for liking some company or another is if they were acting biased or like a fanboy, because then it's just immature from there on out. Mario is not kiddyish. The fact that someone would say he's kiddyish is just a stupid excuse because they can't think of another reason to bash a game besides its rating.

-----------------------------
Come join my forum at

tbkgm79.proboards42.com

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2005, 08:41:40 PM »
Can anyone fill me in on what WanWan hinted at on the first page - those "innuendoes"? I want to find out where they're found. (If this is too public a place, talk to me on the chatroom.)
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Print