Print

Author Topic: Smash Bros. Melee 2  (Read 28001 times)

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2004, 02:37:07 PM »
Non-Mario suggestions?  Good golly, sir, are you mad?  This is a Mario site for Pete's sake.  Okay, here's one of my few non-Mario ideas.  There could be a 1-player challenge like BtT and HRC but this would be really hard.  Picture this: your character is standing on a tiny platform over a pit and a big machine is flying around and shooting items at you.  In order to destroy it you must grab the items without getting nailed by them and then chuck them back at it repeatedly to defeat it.  Then you could go back and try to beat it faster than last time and change the difficulty so the machine is smaller and faster.  What do ya think?

"Kids, don''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 10/26/2004 3:00:51 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2004, 05:11:55 PM »
O.K. Forget the non-Mario suggestion thing, it's just Smash Bros. isn't all Mario Characters.
Just suggest Mario characters as you did.

What would Scooby Doo?

Edited by - Zeus Koopa on 10/26/2004 8:36:56 PM

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2004, 05:31:16 PM »
Good, good. The machine thing isn't such a bad idea, but you'd need special stages to battle on. Having only one type will give some people advantages, and some disadvantages. For instance, Bowser would be in great danger of falling constantly, but Kirby would be a very small target.

----------------------------------------
"Chocolate milk as a world-wide delicacy! Who agrees? Anyone?"
- Ian "Suffix"

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2004, 05:09:28 PM »
I want Wario.  In fact, why wasn't he in melee?  It would make more sense than adding someone like pichu (who is absolutly useless).

I have one non-mario suggestion.  ready the tomatoes....
...Sonic? (pelted w/ fruit)
I think it would be cool to see mario kick his butt in an actual game rather than just in those movies randy solem makes.  

Sqrt2

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2004, 07:48:24 AM »
The 'Board the Platforms' mini-game should be brought back.

Nothing is impossible. My boss told me so.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2004, 10:01:31 PM »
Yeah, I agree.  I thought you could unlock those somehow in Melee but I was disappointed to find out they weren't.  I think that in the next Melee, if there is one, they should bring back BtP, and then have a secret unlockable mode which combines the two into one game with targets and platforms! (break the platforms!)  And then after you finished all this junk, you could design your own courses and arrange the platforms, targets, walls, and everything!

Here' a few more ideas.  Since this wasn't in Melee, there should be a Metal Melee in the Special Melee category.  That might sound dumb but I think it would rock the world.  And besides, invisible melee was there and that was about as fun as playing with your eyes shut!

Now think about my old ideas for a second.  Kuribo's shoe would be an awesome item because like Kirby's warp star you could slam on top of people but this time you could do it repeatedly by pushing A repeatedly and jumping all over the place.  K. Rool would rule because you could push the control pad up, down, left, or right to change costumes and weapons like King K. Rool, pirate K. Rool, Baron von Roolenstein (I don't know how that would work), and Boxer Rool (you can tell I've played all the DK games).  But Ditto would be the greatest 'cause he could transform into a random character on the screen and let you master each character at random! (vs. master hand you would just be mario or something)  I would kill to play him. (kill Bowser)

COUNTDOWN TO DS: 003 DAY(S) REMAINING!!!  NOT MUCH LONGER NOW!!!

On November 21st, Nintendo will unleash the greatest handheld system on America that this world has ever seen.  Two screens, two extra buttons, one touch-sensitive screen, wireless multiplayer, voice recognition, a rechargeable battery, and more.  Prepare to severely wet yourself.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 11/22/2004 6:15:06 AM
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2004, 09:27:08 AM »
I think the hammer bros. idea would work.  They could just be ice climbers clones.  How does the stopwatch from Super Mario Bros. 2  as an item sound? I like the metal melee idea too.  Also, how about Bowser's Castle as a stage? It could have a bridge located in it that could be cut and have everyone on the bridge fall in lava (now where have we seen that before?).

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2004, 02:57:55 PM »
I don't know.  It's been so long since I've played SMB that I can't remember.  But the stopwatch idea... do you mean that it could freeze everyone while you get to kick the pooey out of them?  I would hate that!!  Maybe if you had an item that made them go slower of you go faster it would be cool but then again it might not.

Thanks for the compliment on the Hammer Bros. idea.  I've actually figured everything out for there moves and stuff.  First, they would stick together like glue and never fall behind like the Ice Climbers (I just can't stand playing as them).  One HB would be big and the other would be kind of small so they could do crazy things.  Here's the attacks: A = hammer smack, B = throw hammers, B-> = big HB goes in shell, small HB jumps on big HB and rides on top of him like a ramming sled, B-V= small HB goes into shell and big HB picks him up and throws him at someone like a regular turtle shell (and then he comes back), B-^ = spinning hammer attack madness!!  Okay, so these moves are kind of copies of other moves but I would still like them.

I forgot to add some stuff last time!  My ideas for trophies: 1 of the 7 Koopa Kids or 7 trophies of each one (if they can say that Bowser has 7 kids but never show them anymore in Mario games then at least do it here!!!)  More Zelda trophies.  And finally... bobble heads of the Nintendo game designers! :)  New music: Dr. Mario chill and what ever else.

COUNTDOWN TO DS: 001 DAY(S) REMAINING!!!  AHHHHHH!!!!!  IT’S ALMOST HERE!  TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!  HOW ON EARTH AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP TONIGHT?!?!

On November 21st, Nintendo will unleash the greatest handheld system on America that this world has ever seen.  Two screens, two extra buttons, one touch-sensitive screen, wireless multiplayer, voice recognition, a rechargeable battery, and more.  Prepare to severely wet yourself.

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2004, 04:17:29 PM »
Ohohohohoh! I know! Kraid!
You would have to fight him with Samus.
And Snifits!
B= Snifit bullet.
->+B= Shoot 3 bullets.
Up+B= Third jump.
Down+B= Snifit shield.
A=Kick.
->+A= Smash Headbutt.
Up+A= Backflip. (you know,like falco's C-stick up.)
Down+A= Punch to all directions.

-*My signature is for rent*-

(5 € a week)

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2004, 08:54:29 PM »
All seven koopas.Beat the game on hard mode with bowser.There all together same attacks as Bowser exept weaker but faster.(like Link and young Link.Exept can hit more people.)

Edited by - Metal Bowser on 11/20/2004 7:00:02 PM
[= [   ] =]DS touching is
[+ [   ]::]good.

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2004, 09:18:25 PM »
New items like a carrot for Malon's horse.  A secret option to play four player mini games.

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2004, 09:12:32 AM »
Maybe the stopwacth would make it to annoying.  You're right.  Of course, I don't think I ment I wanted everything to stop for a long time, I wanted it to slow the other characters down to 2/3 speed for 3 seconds or somthing.  Did anyone like my bowser's castle idea with the brigle you could cut?  I stand by my idea.  

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2004, 09:15:04 AM »
Sorry, I meant BRIDGE you could cut.

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2004, 09:33:02 AM »
That would be funny, but way too easy.  It would be much more fun to just fight him on the bridge and then knock him into the lava 3 times or something like that.  You could have the golden axe idea, though, but it would require a TON of enemies fighting you or just a few big ones so that you would have a hard time getting past them.  Otherwise, I love the Bowser castle idea.  We need another SMB level to run through!

Kraid as a boss?  Ahahaha!!  Let's not forget that Kraid is gigantic and would take up the entire screen!!  Unless he was just in the background and you could hit him when he leaned towards you.  And I don't think Snifits would be popular enough to fight in the game.  We might as well just have a Super Mario Smash game with all these Mario characters people want.

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2004, 10:59:04 AM »
It will maybe be in three D

Print