Print

Author Topic: The Horror... The Horror!  (Read 7034 times)

« on: October 24, 2004, 10:27:35 PM »
Since Halloween is next Sunday I thought it would be nice to find out what you think is the scarest thing in any Mario game.

What would Scooby Doo?

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 10:34:52 PM »
Probably in Paper Mario in Shy Guy's Toy Box when Mario is in the dark and the Big Lantern Ghost is talking.

"Someone's here... here in the dark with me..."

I just thought it was creepy at the time.

"Love... How do I explain it? Love tells you when you want to be with a person forever. It makes you feel happy just to see that person happy... smiling, having fun. When you love someone you will do anything to help when he or she is in trouble." -Princess Peach, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 12:49:25 AM »
Aw, I thought this thread was going to be about Heart of Darkness.

Mine is in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, so I won't say it.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 03:57:20 PM »
LD is on point. I'm holding *that* part off until Halloween night.

"I''m a stupid fatty who swings his arms from side to side and pushes a button to receive bacon. As time slows and reality bends, the universe is permeated with the odor of Shawne Vinson. Does that make me a nut?"- DotheLizardkoopaTEMChupVinsonluigi
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 04:20:37 PM »
Mine would defintely be the part in SMRPG where you first meet Culex... and first lose to Culex.  It surprised me a ton when I first unlocked that door and appeared in another world.  And then there's some other parts of that game which are freaky like when that four-eyed dog eats eats you and Mallow, and the first time you see what Smithy really looks like.  Almost everything you see for the first time is super scary!

"Kids, don''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 05:22:02 PM »
When Luigi dresses up as Peach.
200 characters and nothing to say.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 05:24:35 PM »
 I was pretty young when I played Super Mario 64... I was scared out of my wits by the big Boo on the balcony...  I was pretty scared by Bowser in the Sky, too.

----------------------------------------
"Chocolate milk as a world-wide delicacy! Who agrees? Anyone?"
- Ian "Suffix"

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 06:23:42 PM »
I'll agree with Lizard Dude.
That part was freaky.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Sqrt2

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 01:29:58 AM »
Mine is when in Luigi's Mansion you go down the well and the cutscene of King Boo in the altar is playing. Also the music that plays whilst Madame Clairvoya is talking to you is pretty freaky.

Nothing succeeds like a toothless parrot.
AA fanboy and proud!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 07:59:55 AM »
I never liked Big Boo's Haunt in SM64.  I'd skip that level or ask my brother to beat it entirely.

Most good judgement comes from experience.  Most experience comes from bad judgement.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2004, 09:33:58 AM »
Like Suffix, When I was younger, I was probably creeped out by the bowser in the sky level in SM64.  Plus, the Big Boo level.

The Moo-Cow never stops laughing! XD
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2004, 09:47:37 AM »
Big Boo's Haunt scared me pretty bad.  The first time I went into that level and heard the wind blowing hard and the gigantic house in the moonlight I nearly hit the ceiling.  And remember that part in the game where you fight the weird block hands with the eyeballs in the pyramid?  Talk about unnerving!

But the one thing that made me scream the hardest and longest was in Super Mario Sunshine with the battle of the ghostly mantra ray by the haunted motel.  It can chase you around everywhere and then it keeps getting smaller and faster until the enitre place is covered with the little monsters.  I'm tellin' ya, that was rediculously scary!

"Kids, don''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 10/27/2004 8:49:10 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2004, 04:07:59 PM »
Hmmm... The merry-go-round in Big Boo's Haunt was kinda creepy. That, and the first time I approached the piano.

There aren't a terrible lot of scary moments in the Mario World.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2004, 08:22:06 PM »
I can't recall anything in Mario games scaring me, the Resident Evil series takes care of that.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2004, 01:16:58 AM »
Frankly what was really scary was in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door between chapter 2 and 3, where TEC makes Peach dance with a hologram of herself. You gotta wonder what Nintendo was smoking when they thought of that.

Edited by - Zeus Koopa on 10/31/2004 11:18:12 PM

Print