Print

Author Topic: The Horror... The Horror!  (Read 7035 times)

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2004, 01:25:42 AM »
Heh, TEC in general kinda creeped me out.  I thought he was going to go all HAL on Peach there.  "I can feel it, Dave . . . I can feel it . . . "

My scariest Mario moment is near the end of PM:TTYD too, so I won't go into it yet.
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

Web

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2004, 04:18:11 AM »
Probably when I approached the Piano in SM64. It was the first game I played, so I was young at the time. Scared the everliving crap outtta me.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2004, 10:52:30 PM »
ZEUS KOOPA: NO SPOILERS...

Yes, I'd have to agree with the piano thing. It made me jump a little, but I didn't go "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!!!!"

"Yesterday... when I''m smaller... I wanna fight that Mario the day before yesterday."
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2004, 01:11:52 AM »
Wouldn't a spoiler be revealing a part of the story like what happens at the end?
Just asking.

Edited by - Zeus Koopa on 11/2/2004 11:13:16 PM

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2004, 05:56:25 PM »
My scariest Mario moment was that one lava level from SM64, with all those little black ball guys with the horns... I was totally freaked out by the music, and I always made my older brother come and play the level, because I really wanted to get the stars but I was too scared to play it

"I could have more fun watching paint dry...
C''mon Blue! Dry Blue! C''mon!"
-The Decline of Video Gaming
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2004, 03:01:01 PM »
I know it sounds lame, but most things in Luigi's Mansion scared me...Like the 2nd level's boss, Bogmire...He just creeped me out.
BTW- I think TEC is stalker-esque.
...No sig yet...

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2004, 05:01:41 PM »
Oh right! That reminds me about the boss of the snow level in Wario World. That thing is CREEPY.

"I''m a stupid fatty who swings his arms from side to side and pushes a button to receive bacon. As time slows and reality bends, the universe is permeated with the odor of Shawne Vinson. Does that make me a nut?"- DotheLizardkoopaTEMChupVinsonluigi
This is a secret coded message.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2004, 09:38:10 PM »
Hey! I forgot about the piano in Big Boo's Haunt! Now that I think about it, I yelled, fell over backwards, and disconnected my controller. And in Luigi's Mansion, I was shivering violently as I tried to beat King Boo for the first time.

I didn't mind Bogmire much. I liked the music in the background, and he didn't seem very threatening. As for the Boolossus, I wasn't exactly scared, but the swarming Boos made me angry. Oh, and the Manta Ray of SMS... I panicked a bit, but it wasn't particularly frightening for me.

Edited by - Suffix on 12/2/2004 8:22:07 PM

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2004, 12:08:10 AM »
Luigi's Mansion almost never scared me much, but i was super surprised when I entered the telephone room with the deer heads on the wall.  I dunno.. I just wasn't expecting it.  Oh, and also the part after you beat Boolusus and the lightning bolt hits the chimney and knocks out the power... I was this close to seriously wetting myself (the ghosts... they're everywhere!!)

Was anyone a little scared when they first played SMB2 and got chased around by those masks?  I know I was.

Your forum board has been infected by the YSR virus. Please send an error report now so we can point and laugh at you.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2004, 10:03:59 PM »
OOOH! Those Phantos TOTALLY freak me out every time I play SMB2. I HATE them. XD

But, hmm, I've never really been "scared" by anything in a Mario game...maybe not even in ANY game. I've been startled or freaked out and stuff, but never afraid.

Still, the most startled I've ever been at a Mario game was probably that evil piano in SM64... Gah, made me jump through the ceiling.

Culex for the first time was freaky, as was Smithy's true form. But, yeah, still to this day...I hate Phantos. >_>;

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2004, 03:02:53 AM »
Yep, there's something about Phantos. They make the seemingly simple task of carrying a key to a door annoying and nerve-racking at the same time.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2004, 10:11:30 AM »
I was frightened a lot more during StarFox 64.  When you play an easy path, and you're fighting Andross and it looks like his head is finally exploding, but then it's like a robot head that's jerking violently and it lurches toward you... AAH!!

Enjoy life.  There''s plenty of time to be dead.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2004, 11:29:49 AM »
Ya, I'd also go with the Phanto (The first time). I remember not wanting to play any level requiring a key because of those things. Just the look on their faces...

I also remember in Ch. 3 of the first Paper Mario, there's one juncture where the correct path is found by a tree that grows a face and emits an evil cackling noise. That was creepy, the first time.

I can't recall any parts of PM2 that were particularly freaky. Meh.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2004, 01:38:48 PM »
Phantos just irriate me. When they swoop down, I just drop the key and duck.

As for StarFox 64... The frantic robot head was almost funny, for me. Andross's true form was ten times as scary for me!

Edited by - Suffix on 12/5/2004 12:13:47 PM

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2004, 05:13:27 PM »
I forgot Phantos, the Primordial Evil of Mario.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Print