Print

Author Topic: Mario throws too many parties.  (Read 9074 times)

« on: April 19, 2005, 04:02:46 PM »
Do you think the Mario Party series is getting dull? There are alreay 8 games in the series. What feature do you think they should include to revitalize a franchise that
many people know? I think there should be online for the DS.

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 04:15:10 PM »
I've never really liked the Mario Party games at all.
Smash Bros. is a lot more fun to play at parties.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 05:39:53 PM »
8? I'm aware of only seven.

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 06:10:51 PM »
The 8th one is the e-reader MP.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 06:51:00 PM »
What Screech said.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 07:38:07 PM »
Mario Party games pwn

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 07:44:21 PM »
I liked MParty3. I never owned any other versions, though.

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 02:16:33 PM »
4 was the best

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 02:37:20 PM »
Oh.

I liked 3 the best. It's the only one where I actually WANTED to complete Story Mode.

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 04:41:14 PM »
I thought MP5 was the worst. I really liked MP4, though. I have yet to own MP6.

''I am feeling fat, and sassy!''

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 05:44:37 PM »
I only own two of the games, 2 and 4.

They were fine, but not great. I hate games that are usually all chance.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 08:17:04 PM »
5 was by far the worst.
What a terrible game for such a great series.

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 09:33:32 PM »
Mario Party games are as cool as his adventures in my opinion. I olny have the third, fourth, fith, e-reader and the game boy advance versions of the game.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2005, 07:21:09 AM »
Nintendo should have an online poll for everyone's favorite mini-games, find those and soup them up graphically, and then just stuff all of them in one big game (like Mario Party 10 or something).  They could also get several new ones, then add some sweet features like a board editor, create-your-own-taunt microphone option, multi mini-game rush challenge (like Wario Ware except with mini-games and slightly more time), more cheat codes, the old mini-game island challenge, online play, and all that great stuff.  Aw, just throw Sonic in the whole thing and watch the money fly in!

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2005, 09:16:28 AM »
As old as the Mario Party series is, it's still better than all the other "Party" games out there.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 10:58:52 AM »
The only Mario Party game I own and have ever played is the first one, and it's a lot of fun. As fun as it is, though, I wouldn't be surprised if it's really the worst in the series because of its brainlessly stupid control issues. It is probably the only video game that has physically injured me.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 05:02:30 PM »
How on earth did it injure you? Repetitive strain? Mind-boggling drain? Drove you insane? 'Caused indoor rain? So, what's to blame? (not a rhyme, I know)

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2005, 05:26:31 PM »
It was most likly rotaiting the analog stick.
Mario Party 3 was the 1st Mario Party to have story mode and it was the best as well.
Oh yeah has any one finished Mario Party 1
it's almost imposible to get 100 stars on the eternal star.
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2005, 07:14:54 PM »
I know. The only one I ever owned was Mario Party 2 (it was my first N64 game). I rented wach game except for 6 and I watn to have at least one so I can play it with friends or relatives, but they keep coming out with another one!

Random Anime?Manga Quote:

"Oh God...Am I still a girl...or half of a gay couple?"--Kyo. Girl Got Game vol 7.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2005, 05:44:52 AM »
Yeah, they usually come out every year.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2005, 04:04:28 PM »
Mario Party
1. Played it for about 2 minutes before becoming bored.
2. Better than 1, but I wouldn't buy it.
3. Liked the duel mode, but still didn't want it.
4. I can't remember why I wanted it, but that's the only one I own. I regret buying it.
5. I'm not even going to waste my time trying it.
6. When I heard they were developing MP6, I thought, "Oh, dear Lord. Why?"
Advance: I'm not wasting my money on it.
eReader: Stupid. What's the e stand for, anyway?
Screech is right. SSBM is great. Nintendo is making a mistake by practically ripping the Mario Party money cow's udder off. There's nothing else to milk it for. They might as well make the Mario Party steak and end the series.

Got Bird? <(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2005, 04:19:29 PM »
Heheh. Mmm, steak. I don't want Mario Party Advance, but 6 sounds okay. Someday, I'm going to get that.

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2005, 08:25:16 PM »
I have Mario Party-e.  It was only 14.99, so I decided to buy it.  It's more like a board game, rather than a video game...but the mini-games are fun.

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2005, 09:40:33 PM »
Mario Party 3 was the 1st Mario Party to have story mode

If I recall correctly, Mario Party 1 and 2 DID have some sort of Story mode.

I don't remember much of the first one, but the 2nd one had you on a train, going down the tracks until you had to play a mini-game to advance.

"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2005, 10:08:38 PM »
(Hi, I'm new) I think that these Mario Party games are DEFINANTLY getting dull.  You could basically be playing the game right there on the floor!  I guess it would be better if you could edit though.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2005, 10:21:37 PM »
Still, there's not much goodness. It's like Pokemon. They're milking the money cow too much. In this case, the udder has been RIPPED OFF.

Got Bird? -Bird Person<(^v^)>
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2005, 10:29:32 PM »
lol.  poor cow.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2005, 10:30:25 PM »
Nintendo should make Nintendo Monopoly, where you can choose from characters from SSBM (Not including the unnecessary ones like Dr. Mario & Young Link). The properties could be like "Peach's Castle," "Hyrule Temple," etc. It would be better off as a board game than a video game, actually.

Got Bird? -Bird Person<(^v^)>
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2005, 10:33:51 PM »
So you'd rather them milk the SSB series to death rather than the MP series? That's basically what Nintendo Monopoly is.

As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2005, 10:33:59 PM »
Yeah.  I can see it now.  In the middle of the board is Mario as the monopoly guy.

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2005, 10:34:03 PM »
Yeah.  I can see it now.  In the middle of the board is Mario as the monopoly guy.

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2005, 11:38:21 PM »
I don't think the people who make the Mario Party series are creative enough.  I bought the first one and it was really fun, but the joy stick kept giving me horrible blisters.  Then they pretty much make the same game over and over again trying to make money.
poop

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2005, 08:00:10 AM »
They should do something innovative for the next one. Like online.

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2005, 10:44:26 AM »
I just want them to either stop at six or make one last one with alot of great features. If I find out there will be a Mario Party 7...Oh why bother, there's goign to be one :P.

Random Anime Quote:
"Dita... let''s go!"--Hibiki Tokai. Vandread Second Stage episode 13.

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2005, 07:12:46 PM »

Partied heartily.

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 5/16/2005 9:00:18 PM

(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2005, 07:17:45 PM »
Looks like Bowser's bulimic :(

"Mario!  How dare you interupt my family vacation!"

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2005, 08:53:31 PM »
It sounds to me like nobody likes Mario Party... what is wrong with you people? I like MP2 and 5 the most mini-game rise, MP4 story mode rise. I don't really like any of the mini-games on MP4. I loved the games on MP5 and 3 so much... the first 2 were so-so... a little above average.

Yes, the series is beginning to get a little dull. In my oppinion, I don't think Nintendo used the GameCube's full potential when making the MP games. They probably could've easily added so much more to it than there was.

Here are my ratings for them (1 being least):
1. MP4
2. MP1/MP2
3. MP3/MP5
(I've never played 6, e-Reader or Advance)

Why are people comparing this game to SSBM? They are two COMPLETELY different games, fighting and party.

I know this is off-topic, but I just need to let it out...
Bird Person, you are WAAAAAY too obsessed with SSBM. You judge so many things before you even try them and it's just getting on my nerves. You seem to not be making a good first impression to me... it's just annoying how you're so judgemental and how you stereotype lots of things. PLEASE STOP!! You could probably like some of the MP's if you TRIED them.

Someone please tell me why you hate MP5?

-----------------------------
General [plus] Mario [plus] Chat

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2005, 09:03:05 PM »
I would like a "NEW" Mario Party that would also have all the minigames from the other Mario Parties.

Is Mario Party Advance as bad as it's reviews?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2005, 05:06:45 PM »
Gaah! I just heard there's going to be a Mario Party 7!! I shouldn't be surprised but still! Now I can't even get 6?!

Random Manga Quote:
"You''re in love with her, but you''re too scared to deal with it. So you walk around like you got a permanet chip on your shoulder."--Kensuke Yura. Girl Got Game volume 8 chapter 1.

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2005, 05:40:06 PM »
Hmmm...a Mario Party 7.  Hopefully, it will have some kind of new twist.  Otherwise, Mario(in my opinion) has had enough parties.  C'mon Mario.  Time to pop the balloons and drink all the punch (spinning punch bowl on head is optional-but highly recommended :-D ).

Edited by - The Blue Toad  on 5/16/2005 4:41:22 PM

Print