Print

Author Topic: Mario throws too many parties.  (Read 9078 times)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 10:58:52 AM »
The only Mario Party game I own and have ever played is the first one, and it's a lot of fun. As fun as it is, though, I wouldn't be surprised if it's really the worst in the series because of its brainlessly stupid control issues. It is probably the only video game that has physically injured me.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 05:02:30 PM »
How on earth did it injure you? Repetitive strain? Mind-boggling drain? Drove you insane? 'Caused indoor rain? So, what's to blame? (not a rhyme, I know)

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2005, 05:26:31 PM »
It was most likly rotaiting the analog stick.
Mario Party 3 was the 1st Mario Party to have story mode and it was the best as well.
Oh yeah has any one finished Mario Party 1
it's almost imposible to get 100 stars on the eternal star.
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2005, 07:14:54 PM »
I know. The only one I ever owned was Mario Party 2 (it was my first N64 game). I rented wach game except for 6 and I watn to have at least one so I can play it with friends or relatives, but they keep coming out with another one!

Random Anime?Manga Quote:

"Oh God...Am I still a girl...or half of a gay couple?"--Kyo. Girl Got Game vol 7.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2005, 05:44:52 AM »
Yeah, they usually come out every year.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2005, 04:04:28 PM »
Mario Party
1. Played it for about 2 minutes before becoming bored.
2. Better than 1, but I wouldn't buy it.
3. Liked the duel mode, but still didn't want it.
4. I can't remember why I wanted it, but that's the only one I own. I regret buying it.
5. I'm not even going to waste my time trying it.
6. When I heard they were developing MP6, I thought, "Oh, dear Lord. Why?"
Advance: I'm not wasting my money on it.
eReader: Stupid. What's the e stand for, anyway?
Screech is right. SSBM is great. Nintendo is making a mistake by practically ripping the Mario Party money cow's udder off. There's nothing else to milk it for. They might as well make the Mario Party steak and end the series.

Got Bird? <(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2005, 04:19:29 PM »
Heheh. Mmm, steak. I don't want Mario Party Advance, but 6 sounds okay. Someday, I'm going to get that.

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2005, 08:25:16 PM »
I have Mario Party-e.  It was only 14.99, so I decided to buy it.  It's more like a board game, rather than a video game...but the mini-games are fun.

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2005, 09:40:33 PM »
Mario Party 3 was the 1st Mario Party to have story mode

If I recall correctly, Mario Party 1 and 2 DID have some sort of Story mode.

I don't remember much of the first one, but the 2nd one had you on a train, going down the tracks until you had to play a mini-game to advance.

"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2005, 10:08:38 PM »
(Hi, I'm new) I think that these Mario Party games are DEFINANTLY getting dull.  You could basically be playing the game right there on the floor!  I guess it would be better if you could edit though.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2005, 10:21:37 PM »
Still, there's not much goodness. It's like Pokemon. They're milking the money cow too much. In this case, the udder has been RIPPED OFF.

Got Bird? -Bird Person<(^v^)>
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2005, 10:29:32 PM »
lol.  poor cow.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2005, 10:30:25 PM »
Nintendo should make Nintendo Monopoly, where you can choose from characters from SSBM (Not including the unnecessary ones like Dr. Mario & Young Link). The properties could be like "Peach's Castle," "Hyrule Temple," etc. It would be better off as a board game than a video game, actually.

Got Bird? -Bird Person<(^v^)>
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2005, 10:33:51 PM »
So you'd rather them milk the SSB series to death rather than the MP series? That's basically what Nintendo Monopoly is.

As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2005, 10:33:59 PM »
Yeah.  I can see it now.  In the middle of the board is Mario as the monopoly guy.

Print